Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jihadists applying to re-enter the U.K

spud the mackem

8 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

This woman trying to come back is up to now , banned from entering the U.K. , the problem is she is asking that her baby be allowed in, ok but the baby is not a British citizen it was born in Afghanistan presumably the father was also Afghan ,the woman is of Bangladeshi origin 

This is not accurate. At the time the baby was born, his mother was still British. He was born in Syria, not Afghanistan and his father is Dutch. 

The fact that his mother was British at the time of his birth (even if she isn't now) makes him British too. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

so if it was a white girl who did what Shamina Begum did and who's parents were born in the UK you'd be okay with taking away her citizenship? 

Yes if she was also entitled to citizenship elsewhere. It's nothing to do with skin colour and all about not endangering the wider community who didn't willingly join a terrorist organisation. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Setton said:

This is not accurate. At the time the baby was born, his mother was still British. He was born in Syria, not Afghanistan and his father is Dutch. 

The fact that his mother was British at the time of his birth (even if she isn't now) makes him British too. 

Yes if she was also entitled to citizenship elsewhere. It's nothing to do with skin colour and all about not endangering the wider community who didn't willingly join a terrorist organisation. 

no thats wrong. so a white jihadist is somehow more redeemable that a dark skin one. one that can be rehabilitated better? that's what your saying. 

15 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

no thats wrong. so a white jihadist is somehow more redeemable that a dark skin one. one that can be rehabilitated better? that's what your saying. 

Where are you getting this race element from?

We are talking about Shamima Begum here who happens to have brown skin.  If you can find an identical case where a white Jihadist has publicly declared they wish to return to the U.K. And been allowed to return then your question would be valid.

From what I can see you are making up a controversial element, why I am not so sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Where are you getting this race element from?

We are talking about Shamima Begum here who happens to have brown skin.  If you can find an identical case where a white Jihadist has publicly declared they wish to return to the U.K. And been allowed to return then your question would be valid.

From what I can see you are making up a controversial element, why I am not so sure.

isn't it about race? white converts that go and fight for ISIS can also have their citizen striped and stranded in Syria or what ever hell hole they go to practice their sick ideology. Jack Letts is a white convert that is languishing in a Kurdish prison and the home secretary hasnt threatened Jihad Jack with with revoking his citizenship. Jacks father is Canadian and how come his citizenship hasnt been revoked along the same lines as Shamina? 

now i ask you who is the more dangerous... a silly teenager that was married to a ISIS head chopper or an actually head chopper? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

How am I saying that? I haven't said anything about the colour of anyone's skin. 

And it's not to do with being redeemable, it's about keeping our people safe. If we have a legal option to keep dangerous people out of our country, we should take it. If they are only entitled to British citizenship, we don't have that option. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

How am I saying that? I haven't said anything about the colour of anyone's skin. 

And it's not to do with being redeemable, it's about keeping our people safe. If we have a legal option to keep dangerous people out of our country, we should take it. If they are only entitled to British citizenship, we don't have that option. 

fine lets talk about Jack Letts. better yet lets get the home office to talk about Jihad Jack. and just to prove that its not all about white and black. lets ban all fighters. lets get the home office to say so. instead of trying to distract from the current UK problems by appealing to the lowest common denominator. 

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

so if it was a white girl who did what Shamina Begum did and who's parents were born in the UK you'd be okay with taking away her citizenship? 

lol you obviously don't know me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:
17 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Now I haven't followed this too closely and I think each case should be reviewed on it's own merit but I honestly don't think they should be allowed back in the country.

How do you reach that conclusion from that post?

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

fine lets talk about Jack Letts. better yet lets get the home office to talk about Jihad Jack. and just to prove that its not all about white and black. lets ban all fighters. lets get the home office to say so. instead of trying to distract from the current UK problems by appealing to the lowest common denominator. 

Fine come on then let’s talk about that.

6 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

lol you obviously don't know me.

no i don't, but that doesn't change the fact that i want you to commit to a position. should a white girl with no secondary citizenship choice have her UK citizenship taken away for doing the same? 

7 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

How do you reach that conclusion from that post?

what conclusion? 

7 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Fine come on then let’s talk about that.

Jack Letts... a known fully paid up ISIS head chopper. should he come back to the UK?

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

no i don't, but that doesn't change the fact that i want you to commit to a position. should a white girl with no secondary citizenship choice have her UK citizenship taken away for doing the same? 

I still think it's kind of funny that you seem eager to pin the race card on me, but whatever. Shamina Begum, Jack Letts or random white girl I don't believe they should be allowed back into the country.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

I still think it's kind of funny that you seem eager to pin the race card on me, but whatever. Shamina Begum, Jack Letts or random white girl I don't believe they should be allowed back into the country.

im not pinning anything on you. i dislike you and am eager to find where you stand in the hope of having a go at you. if i came across as too eager then too bad. your original post seems consistent with a simplestic view and i wanted further conversation.nothing wrong with that. i guess you feel the same about criminals too? hell i do. lets strip all drug dealers and gang members of their citizenship, too. more people die of drugs and violence every year than terror attacks. lets dump them into a third world country. I'm okay with that. 

• Confused 2

Fine. Let's talk about him. What legal mechanism does the home office possess to prevent him from returning? 

9 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

i dislike you and am eager to find where you stand in the hope of having a go at you.

Noted.

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

lets dump them into a third world country. I'm okay with that. 

Except we didn't dump them into a third world country. They made their choice, now they are regretting it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Fine. Let's talk about him. What legal mechanism does the home office possess to prevent him from returning? 

you tell me? if they can forbid entry and citizenship to a ISIS bride then shouldn't they at the very least do the same for Jack Letts? hell shouldn't MI5 be putting a hit on this guy.

7 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Noted.

Except we didn't dump them into a third world country. They made their choice, now they are regretting it.

Noted? well at least I'm honest and open about it... of course they are regretting it. but as long as its evenly and fairly based then id be happy if they all rot there. but has to be within the law. and the law clearly states that its legally wrong to make someone stateless. and thats what this is all about. not the regret they feel but the law. 

Edited by Captain Risky

24 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

you tell me? if they can forbid entry and citizenship to a ISIS bride then shouldn't they at the very least do the same for Jack Letts?

As you well know by now, that depends. Is Letts entitled to citizenship elsewhere? 

If he is, remove his British citizenship and keep him out. If he isn't, we cannot stop him returning. He'll go to prison but we can't stop him arriving. 

hell shouldn't MI5 be putting a hit on this guy.

No. Because that would be illegal.

• Like 1

what conclusion? 

Do i really need to explain.

'so if it was a white girl you'd be okay with taking away her citizenship?'

• Like 1

Just now, hetrodoxly said:

Do i really need to explain.

Jack Letts is a UK national but his father is Canadian. so yeah he's entitled to Canadian citizenship. Canada has said no way and who can blame them. Bangladesh also said the same but was ignored by the home office. so what are the chances of the UK home office ignoring Canada if the home office decides to revoke Jack Letts citizenship? it won't happen is my guess. so why is Shamina being singled out? 

4 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

nah i wouldn't be okay with it regardless of skin colour. but if the current ruling from the home office is to be applied then why should it matter what the UK nationals skin colour is.

11 minutes ago, Setton said:

No. Because that would be illegal.

so is making someone stateless. 

Edited by Captain Risky

2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Which we have not done. 

err if I'm not mistaken, i think the home office revoked Shamina's citizenship 

Edited by Captain Risky