Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something left unsolved.

thelatemage

First off I still have NO idea what this thing was and the only other person there has been in denial for 12 years or more.

One late night (1 to 2am) myself and a friend call him K walked a old logging trail,Eastern Canada (New Brunswick) so generally very safe minus a few animals.

We were chatting about the day and then started to smell something sour,Off. like sickness. then a noise a shallow hiss/growl. from the trail ahead something slinks out in front.

It was about 7feet tall skinny grey,bits of white fur...wearing bones. It had a long face kinda goblin/dog like Black empty eyes. it started making strange noises and slinking back and forth,towards us.

I wet myself ill admit we went back to back and walked fact back down the path...it followed for the length of said trail making those odd noises..still have not gone back there 12 almost 13 years later.

It made me dark angry for years still am...It scared me...but soon going back. Still years later massive growth and yet I dont know what it is,But call me crazy its there still. K wont go....I have to,not sure why. this June my 30th b day...Ill go there iam much more then I was then and I must know.

Any ideas what this thing is...ill look into any all streets here.

• Like 2

One thing I'd just like to say is that it's really, really difficult to judge the size of things at night. I once ran around campus at night and mistook a house cat for a panther. So how did you determine that it was 7 feet tall? Also with the precise colours, that tends to be difficult at night.

From the description, could it have been a mangy bear? Or a mangy wolf/wild dog and you misjudged the size?
5c70b13d3da0d_BearwithmangePGC.JPG.eaa4ae0ac6fc83a9daec459255cb1470.JPG

• Like 3

Honestly it could have been iam not crazy nuff to say otherwise,but something about it haunted me and it did appear to be wearing other animals small bones etc so yeah honestly I hope it was a mangy bear etc lol.

truth is I doubt it however.

2 minutes ago, MasterHex said:

Honestly it could have been iam not crazy nuff to say otherwise,but something about it haunted me and it did appear to be wearing other animals small bones etc so yeah honestly I hope it was a mangy bear etc lol.

truth is I doubt it however.

Well with the bones...it's probably difficult to say after 12-13 years and at night, but it really depends how clear the bones were. Two ideas I had was that the bear's bones might have poked against its skin (particularly if it was also malnourished, possibly as a result of its sickness) or that it had twigs stuck to it's remaining fur that looked like bones at night. Maybe some sort of clinging burdock or other plant that clings/sticks to fur if such things grow in Canada.
I can imagine since the animal, if it was one, was likely diseased it might also not have been on its normal behaviour. So it might have also been starving, moved extra weirdly and/or wasn't capable of grooming itself. 

It's of course impossible to tell what it was now, just offering my explanation :-)

• Like 3

No your input in valuable thats why I posted it here. Thank You!

I dont know what it was what I know is it effected me  to point it indirectly directed my life from then on...so Ied say bear or beast it was strange and noteworthy.

plus I finally intend to go back there,been plenty strange stories outta that area since then should be great! orrr I die XD kidding I hope O.O

Understand im a pseudoskeptic,  im not a debunker and want to be proven wrong,  to prove me wrong takes scientific evidence, so i never mean to offend with my opinions.

So right now all you have is a sincere story but you still could be making it up or wrong,

Saying your friend is in denial would be akin to your friend saying you are making it up or delusional, you have your opinion friend has theirs,

They fact the subject didnt attack you guys is also very odd,

So for now its just a weird intriguing anecdote.

• Like 1

I can certainly accept that part of me says its nothing ( a small but very smart part) 

I simply thought it best to share :3

• Like 1

Lets speculate for a moment and agree you did see just what you recall seeing, and lets try to keep it of this world, what is the most likely culprut?

As for your friend what do they claim, you guys saw zero or?

Real world...hmm the best I figure is a person aka hoax but unlikely being middle of nowhere. Second perhaps a Mangy something? iam not sure what bear perhaps but again...seems ill fitted.

So...Ied say deformity? thats the only thing I can see....rare but...idk :S

as for K in private hes still troubled by it and thinks its a windego (sp?) but has become a parent and soon to be medicine man's apprentice so in public he simply wont speak.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MasterHex said:

Real world...hmm the best I figure is a person aka hoax but unlikely being middle of nowhere. Second perhaps a Mangy something? iam not sure what bear perhaps but again...seems ill fitted.

So...Ied say deformity? thats the only thing I can see....rare but...idk :S

as for K in private hes still troubled by it and thinks its a windego (sp?) but has become a parent and soon to be medicine man's apprentice so in public he simply wont speak.

Have you done any image search on the internet of crypto/windigo/whatever stuff to find any reasonable match?

many times nothing fits. I wish. truly. Ied draw it myself but well....may as well have a super mutant do it (fallout) ill look again for giggles but yeah...

If you google it lets just say WAY WAY to demonic. this thing was creepy but not horror movie evil.

Edited by MasterHex
info added.
  • Like 1

So what kind of illumination revealed this thing ? Moonlight  ? Your flashlight ?

• Like 1

Moonlight first then are lights

so ill post as close to as I can...dont laugh iam not remotely saying it looked like this...the heads all wrong and more fur and bone. but from afar and yeah ill keep looking. blah needle in a haystake XD

images.jpg

2 hours ago, MasterHex said:

Any ideas what this thing is...ill look into any all streets here.

I didnt quite catch how well you saw it so maybe im way off but If I had to bet I would say a mangy moose is probably more likely than a bear. From the front they can appear thin and gaunt and their light brown fur can look white in the moonlight.

Depending on the time of year it would make sense that he would have followed you as they get quite indiscriminately frisky during the rut.

• Like 3

Whatever in that vicinity wears antlers would have to be a suspect.

• Like 1

Thats the thing the head didnt have them. thats what i mean heads wrong...head looked more or less dog? but deformed

3 minutes ago, MasterHex said:

Thats the thing the head didnt have them. thats what i mean heads wrong...head looked more or less dog? but deformed

there's nothing of this nature unknown to man- an example:

Google the build-up to the discovery of the guerilla; even with the tech at the time, the rumours of a large hairy biped turned out to be true.

the reason it was finally discovered is because it really exists!= it's what i class as basic common sense & the bleeding obvious!

in places like America (in their own back yard) reports of the same kinda thing; what with the tech we have today yet= NOTHING!

basic logic & common sense (the bleeding obvious if you like) <should> only lead you to one conclusion;)

have fun....................

I would say a deer or moose in bad shape,

But what does your friend say?

• Like 1

I think Orphalesion's explanation makes the most sense. Anything mangy is going to look creepy and if seeing it at night unexpectedly, even more so! It would definitely leave a lasting impression. Forget the crypto stuff though. I'd be hunting for images of creatures with mange that are local to that area and trying to pinpoint exactly which creature comes closest to your remembrance of it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MasterHex said:

so ill post as close to as I can...dont laugh iam not remotely saying it looked like this...the heads all wrong and more fur and bone. but from afar and yeah ill keep looking. blah needle in a haystake XD

images.jpg

captive-bull-moose-shedding-velvet-at-th

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MasterHex said:

What lights?

Even in moonlight it is difficult to judge the size, shape and colour of things.

10 hours ago, MasterHex said:

so generally very safe minus a few animals

What animals? 

Why were you there at that time? 

The wendigo is actually in some versions at certain times something that makes my skin crawl,  ive long believe it to be a living creature but not otherwordly, i believe its based on sightings of shamen and other tribal people in costume wearing skins bones and antlers etc.

There was a movie called 13 warrior, its fantasy history of the viking days it failed at the box office but i like it, sort of a version of the Beowulf idea the bad guys were a more primitive people living like savages and dressed as bears, the people they raided survivors thought they were bear creatures,

And that comes back around to the wendigo idea,

Didnt the op say somewhere he had been into Satanism, baphomet looks in some ways like the subject you believe you saw.

Im still curious what your buddy says about the encounter.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

here was a movie called 13 warrior, its fantasy history of the viking days it failed at the box office but i like it, sort of a version of the Beowulf idea the bad guys were a more primitive people living like savages and dressed as bears, the people they raided survivors thought they were bear creatures,

I liked it too . The book it was based on is even better Eaters of the Dead

My friend is of the private belief it was some sorta of spirit. he is a shaman or medicine man? in training again not something iam in the know about persay. iam not native i dont speak for him and worst yet one in public he gets,odd about it and two we dont speak alot. I wish I knew more of what he believed of thought on this matter.

As for myself iam looking at mangy/deformed stuff some kinda fits (Is really hoping its a animal) cuz if its a person...wtf! and if its something of spirit....that gets all kinds of strange. good and VERY bad lol

Edited by MasterHex

I wont be very open on this part, ive been close to and worked in many areas of "spirts" and it exists only in the minds of the viewer, any one who claims they can call up a spirit is lying, or delusional, and if they claim they can say, prove it, call up one in front of me now...and excuses flow. If the idea they can helps a naive person and they dont rip them for $$$ i guess its okay.

Earlier you said your friend was in denial now he believes it was a spirit.

If its a person why wtf? A shamen in tribal garb or a nutball in the woods isnt horrible,  somewhere on here is a story of a guy who wore a long coat held up a cow skull on the roadside at night to scare drivers he stopped when he almost was shot.

I mangy sickly deer might fit, but spirit, nope, i dont buy that.