Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mosul Between War & Peace

Black Red Devil

Saw this on RT recently.  It's the first of a three part series they'll be showing.  Interesting to observe how the families of ISIS fighters are getting mistreated by their Iraqi fellow citizens and despite this, some of the women interviewed still show respect towards the memory of their dead husbands.  Ignorance is bliss.

• Like 4

I wish them well in rebuilding their nation. Stepping away from the lunacy of fundamentalist Islam would be a good first step.

• Like 1

One gets the sense that without the "Jihadi John" throat-slitting video horror, this thing might have consolidated into a viable state. Immediately I saw the news reports, I knew they were doomed. How the hierarchy of ISIS did not realise that, confounds me, they should have slit "Jihadi John" and his entourages throats quick smart, and declared them a rogue element, to have any chance of survival.

7 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Interesting to observe how the families of ISIS fighters are getting mistreated by their Iraqi fellow citizens

mistreated? I presume you mean badly treated, in which case surely it'd be a very understandable response. Much like in France after the war, it would surely take a long time for "forgive and forget" to become the principle to live by. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Saw this on RT recently.  It's the first of a three part series they'll be showing.  Interesting to observe how the families of ISIS fighters are getting mistreated by their Iraqi fellow citizens and despite this, some of the women interviewed still show respect towards the memory of their dead husbands.  Ignorance is bliss.

I think in Syria the remaining pockets of ISIS fighters are killing their women and children in preparation for the final stand. maybe these Iraqi ISIS families should consider the occasional kick in the rear as a blessing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

mistreated? I presume you mean badly treated, in which case surely it'd be a very understandable response. Much like in France after the war, it would surely take a long time for "forgive and forget" to become the principle to live by. 

Cambridge dictionary: mistreated

to treat a person or animal badly, cruelly, or unfairly

After 200 years the descendants of those peasant criminal colonials that Mother England sent away because they stole apples from the rich because they were starving have finally learnt how to read and write proper English you know. :P

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

One gets the sense that without the "Jihadi John" throat-slitting video horror, this thing might have consolidated into a viable state. Immediately I saw the news reports, I knew they were doomed. How the hierarchy of ISIS did not realise that, confounds me, they should have slit "Jihadi John" and his entourages throats quick smart, and declared them a rogue element, to have any chance of survival.

Good point but you're being too reasonable for the archaic doctrine these people believed in.

Mosul is hard case. Easier to remove it and build another city, it's all leveled to the ground during the ''liberation''.

Iraq is relatively safe place to live in today, especially when compared to horrors of earlier years. Politically it's getting stable, situation on the ground is well known and contained so there is a lot to be optimistic about, a lot to be possibly happy about but one scar will get healed only with time, if ever and that scar is left by million of dead people, millions of wounded... Personally i see Iraq politically becoming more closed to the West in near future, more than it was during Sadam after 1991.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Personally i see Iraq politically becoming more closed to the West in near future, more than it was during Sadam after 1991.

One thing The West has managed to do is to end all the decades of animosity between Iraq and Iran and make them virtual allies now! Well done, George W. Bush, your peace prize medal is in the post! :rofl: 

• Like 2