Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robert Kraft arrested for solicitation

Myles

11 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I haven't bothered to look. Too afraid of ending up on an FBI watch list

Everyone on this forum is probably already on several.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Everyone on this forum is probably already on several.

Maybe not all of us but a few possible names come to mind..B)

5 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Similarly, who is going to continue buying dirty street weed when you can to a regulated dispensary where you know the product is clean and safe?

Though I agree with you about legalizing and regulating prostitution, this part of your argument falls flat on its' face.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Even so, the market will dry up if it's legalized. Unless you are looking to get "taken care of" for the price of a coffee (gross,) the vast majority of Johns will choose a legal business over rolling the dice with a street walker. Less lucrative business means less human traffickers. You won't be as willing to risk stealing girls if there isn't the same profit waiting on the other side.

I think you are naive about the changes legalization would make.  I think the girls would still be made to suffer but it would be colored by a thin sheen of legitimacy. Do you think that the ruthless types who run these organizations now would suddenly follow rules or laws designed to cut their profits? I can't see that happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, skliss said:

I think you are naive about the changes legalization would make.  I think the girls would still be made to suffer but it would be colored by a thin sheen of legitimacy. Do you think that the ruthless types who run these organizations now would suddenly follow rules or laws designed to cut their profits? I can't see that happening.

I think we are talking about two different sets of people in two different hypotheticals. I was talking about the safety and other benefits legal prostitution offers to those who are willingly participating. It seems like you're talking about the same pimps and traffickers legalizing their currently illegal business? 

15 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Though I agree with you about legalizing and regulating prostitution, this part of your argument falls flat on its' face.

lol reading it over, I can see what you mean. Not every post can be a homer, eh :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

I think we are talking about two different sets of people in two different hypotheticals. I was talking about the safety and other benefits legal prostitution offers to those who are willingly participating. It seems like you're talking about the same pimps and traffickers legalizing their currently illegal business? 

You seemed to be saying that legitimizing prostitution would bring an end to human trafficking,  I'm saying that will never happen.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 1:45 PM, skliss said:

I doubt that. There will always be scum who will hold others against their will for a profit.  Do you think these traffickers will suddenly pay health insurance and a wage? They will always prey on the weak.

Not weak, vulnerable. There is a huge difference.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Princess Bride said:

Not weak, vulnerable. There is a huge difference.

You're right.  In many cases though they are both. 

Sex trafficking, prostitution is anything but a 'victimless crime,' experts say
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/02/24/robert-kraft-case-spotlights-sex-trafficking-prostitution-realities/2963517002/
“People like to think it’s a victimless crime, but that’s a myth that seems like it’s never going to die,” says Lisa L. Thompson, vice president of policy and research at the National Center for Sexual Exploitation. “Whether it’s from a situation like this – an illicit spa establishment, or engaging in prostitution by going to online sites, every man who buys sex from a woman in a brothel or any of these establishments, they have contracted out the job of violence, intimidation or coercion to a pimp or brothel owner.”

Human trafficking thrives in legal brothels
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2018/10/09/human-trafficking-thrives-legal-brothels-charleston/1578611002/

Legal prostitution worldwide is known to facilitate human traffickers by giving them legal access to have women be sold for sex while they profit, without the legal risk of getting caught. I am a survivor who was once trafficked into Nevada’s legal brothels.

There are numerous studies on how legal prostitution actually hides human trafficking. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skliss said:

You're right.  In many cases though they are both. 

I'm thinking about that. So do you think "weak" people deserve to be victims? 

On 3/1/2019 at 9:43 PM, Princess Bride said:

I'm thinking about that. So do you think "weak" people deserve to be victims? 

What are you talking about? Obviously not,  have you read anything I've posted in this thread alone?!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, skliss said:

What are you talking about? Obviously not,  have you read anything I've posted in this thread alone?!

It didn't sound like your other posts here. I was just clarifying to be sure. People have been saying all sorts of crazy stuff on this topic. There have been a lot of people trying to justify what they see as an entitlement, access to other people's bodies that is. Then there's this old view that women are weak and deserve to be dominated. Then I remembered some defunct victimology theories and thought maybe you could have been referring to one those.  So now that is all cleared up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Princess Bride said:

It didn't sound like your other posts here. I was just clarifying to be sure. People have been saying all sorts of crazy stuff on this topic. There have been a lot of people trying to justify what they see as an entitlement, access to other people's bodies that is. Then there's this old view that women are weak and deserve to be dominated. Then I remembered some defunct victimology theories and thought maybe you could have been referring to one those.  So now that is all cleared up.

Thanks Princess Bride, some good insights.

• Like 1

Oh......

The Mar-a-Lago Connection to the Cindy Yang Affair Raises Huge Security Risks From hand jobs to grip and grins with Donald Trump, the scandal is fraught with potential for blackmail.

If the President of the United States is letting a Chinese madam sell access at Mar-a-Lago to Chinese business people while his friends are getting serviced at businesses she started, he is making himself and the country vulnerable to massive blackmail risk. It is a textbook story of how foreign actors gain leverage over senior officials.  

That point should not be lost amid the eye-popping prurience that runs through this tale, tempting though that might be.

We’re talking about Florida, right?

190309-rothkopf-cindy-yang-trump-embed_g

Pictures have emerged of Cindy Yang with Trump at a party celebrating the victory of Kraft’s Patriots in the most recent Super Bowl. Pictures have emerged of her with many local and national GOP figures including rabid Trump defender Matt Gaetz, who happens to have been the only member of Congress to vote against a bill opposing sex trafficking.  

Pictures of her clients with the Trump sons Eric and Don Jr. adorn her own website. She has, it turns out, been a big donor to Trump and to the GOP, even appearing in one picture with Don Jr. while holding a “MAGA” clutch purse.  

In other words, she is one of the denizens of the Mar-a-Lago demimonde who, like the half-dozen others who have become ambassadors and those who have used their access to plead their special interests with Trump, have seen the Trump administration as a giant cash machine available for their exploitation.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

In her defense, she did sell the spa before this happened to move on to the more lucrative influence peddling business: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article227186429.html

The same girls did stay and worked for the new owner, it says. 

She definitely is well connected with pictures of her and Rick Scott, multiple Trumps, Matt Gaetz, and even Sarah Palin.

Oh well, I'm guessing Trump's poor choice in friends and business associates just earned him another congressional investigation.....

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

In her defense, she did sell the spa before this happened to move on to the more lucrative influence peddling business: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article227186429.html

The same girls did stay and worked for the new owner, it says. 

She definitely is well connected with pictures of her and Rick Scott, multiple Trumps, Matt Gaetz, and even Sarah Palin.

Oh well, I'm guessing Trump's poor choice in friends and business associates just earned him another congressional investigation.....

On the positive side, as some will likely point out; this is photographic proof that our President is not a racist.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Sheriff admits there’s insufficient proof of human trafficking in Florida case

The early reports regarding the solicitation of prostitution charges against Patriots owner Robert Kraft contained plenty of discussion regarding human trafficking, deliberately or inadvertently blurring the lines between two separate and distinct situations. Now, one of the law-enforcement officials who got the investigation rolling admits that there’s insufficient proof that human trafficking occurred.

So either Snyder was wrong about trafficking or he’s not sufficiently competent to harvest clear evidence of it. Regardless, the trafficking angle has gone from the centerpiece of the case to barely a footnote.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sheriff-admits-insufficient-proof-human-233331745.htmlhttps://www.yahoo.com/sports/sheriff-admits-insufficient-proof-human-233331745.html

6 hours ago, aztek said:

Sheriff admits there’s insufficient proof of human trafficking in Florida case

The early reports regarding the solicitation of prostitution charges against Patriots owner Robert Kraft contained plenty of discussion regarding human trafficking, deliberately or inadvertently blurring the lines between two separate and distinct situations. Now, one of the law-enforcement officials who got the investigation rolling admits that there’s insufficient proof that human trafficking occurred.

So either Snyder was wrong about trafficking or he’s not sufficiently competent to harvest clear evidence of it. Regardless, the trafficking angle has gone from the centerpiece of the case to barely a footnote.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sheriff-admits-insufficient-proof-human-233331745.htmlhttps://www.yahoo.com/sports/sheriff-admits-insufficient-proof-human-233331745.html

Good news for Trump possibly, but I think it might have come off a little late to head off the investigation.  They sent this request off over a week ago: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/dems-ask-fbi-to-investigate-massage-parlor-owner-who-was-selling-access-to-trump/

On 3/29/2019 at 9:10 PM, Gromdor said:

Good news for Trump possibly, but I think it might have come off a little late to head off the investigation.  They sent this request off over a week ago: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/dems-ask-fbi-to-investigate-massage-parlor-owner-who-was-selling-access-to-trump/

You sound like human trafficing and sex laving is a bad thing... yet you know child sex slaves cross the southern border all the time. No need of a wall, though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You sound like human trafficing and sex laving is a bad thing... yet you know child sex slaves cross the southern border all the time. No need of a wall, though

These all seem to have come from China.  Maybe a floating ocean wall?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

In a major twist, prostitution case against Robert Kraft may protect citizens from unchecked police surveillance.

Robert Kraft’s winning streak against Florida prosecutors continues to roll on. And with it, his fight against prostitution charges appears to be unexpectedly strengthening the privacy of average citizens.

A Florida appeals court sided with Kraft on Wednesday, upholding a lower court’s decision to toss out video that prosecutors allege showed the New England Patriots owner soliciting prostitution during a visit to the Orchids of Asia Day Spa in 2019.

The decision is Kraft’s strongest court win yet, delivered by a panel of three judges who ruled that a lower court was correct in striking the surveillance video from a misdemeanor case brought against the NFL team owner. While another appeal is an option for federal prosecutors, having four judges rule in favor of Kraft on key surveillance evidence will likely render the case against him dead.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/in-a-major-twist-prostitution-case-against-robert-kraft-may-protect-citizens-from-unchecked-police-surveillance-002504089.html