Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Walk-In: Soul Replacement

acute

19 hours ago, shephardess said:

Obviously the body was resuscitated, a very common practice. 

And you suffered some kind of brain damage?

49 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

And you suffered some kind of brain damage?

See post number 20. The first post I made. 

21 hours ago, joc said:

Because if humans have 'souls' then so do earthworms...and algae.   Because the entire construction of 'soul' takes into the account entities which do not exist, and because the 'soul' is defined as the part of the body that never dies...total BS.  When the body dies...you die.  Do I know this for a fact?  Yes.  How?  The same way I know that if I throw a rock in the lake...it's not going to float for awhile before it sinks. :)  

And you have proof its BS?You have seen a rock sink,I've seen a spirit rise from more than one body, that's how I know its real.And yes, every living has a spirit.

• Like 1

@shephardess 

I admire you for posting your Walk-in experience. The skeptics were guaranteed to pounce on you.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 2:20 PM, shephardess said:

Pre arranged that I would take over for her when she left. Not the method of leaving. 

Do you know who it was "pre-arranged" with?  Her relatives, her guides, the woman herself, or others?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, acute said:

@shephardess 

I admire you for posting your Walk-in experience. The skeptics were guaranteed to pounce on you.

Do you know who it was "pre-arranged" with?  Her relatives, her guides, the woman herself, or others?

Thank you, yes it has been tiresome and annoying to deal with some comments. 

It was arranged between the two of us. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shephardess said:

It was arranged between the two of us. 

When was it arranged? (At which point)

Actually what I just said is not entirely correct. Only the two of us had communication about it at the time, right before the event. It was actually arranged and agreed upon by the entire soul group pre-incarnationanal.

I want to thank you for starting this thread, Acute. 

On the general topic of Walk ins, this is not a new or "New Age" concept. It is  a very common and recognized belief in many cultures worldwide. 

Edited by shephardess
Clarity

10 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Well unless its a pumice rock. Guess you shouldnt have been so sure. I find it incredible faulty when someone claims to know for a fact the answer to something so obsure and well documented to the contrary. I believe we all are a piece of this living energy, as the worm and algae, but there is a difference between us and the examples you chose. The cognitive brain function. Does that function without the physical brain? Obviously not the same, but as someone who has physically died, entered the void, and returned when my body was resuscitated i would tell you there is still awareness after death. When i left i couldnt speak out loud it was pretty dark aside from the light tunnel but the words i had attempted to speak were still echoing in my thoughts and i seemed to be observing from a single point. Meaning i had no access to my body and my conciousness hadnt dispersed. I find it a wonderful guage on your reliability if you are still living yet claim to know for a fact that conciousness doesnt in any way survive without the vessel. What happened to basing facts on actual known facts, rather than refuting eons of observation with a simple i know everything just because.

Ahh didnt see your additional post. Perhaps you should reassess the indoctrination you speak of. And rely solely on observation. While you likely have, keep in mind that you havent died yet. Claiming factual observation of such is blatantly false and discredits your ability to discern between indoctrination and true consideration of the possibilities.

Dont get me wrong im well aware of my varying level of credibility based on the observers opinions. Some comprehend you and some dont. But i dont think lying and saying something is a fact rather than an opinion is very useful, that is the method of spreading this indoctrination you speak of.

The thing is Nicolette....you didn't die.  You are still alive.  If you had actually died....we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we.  Living Energy is just that...Energy manifested in a living form.  When the living thing dies...the energy doesn't die...just like the tree which is consumed by fire...the energy continues as heat and ash and wind ...but the tree is gone forever.  Consciousness is a brain function...the brain dies...consciousness no longer exists.  There is nothing but speculation that supports anything else.  I am very aware of NDE  and those who have experienced it have a different tale to tell...yet, they can only tell it because their consciousness is still intact.

6 hours ago, acute said:

@shephardess 

Pouncing lol?

Or giving genuine response on a discussion forum, based on other viewpoints, possibly even based on science (and that no one is under any obligation to accept anyway)?

Certain injury/trauma (physical or psychological) can drastically alter consciousness and have profound effects on personality. This is well documented. At the same time souls aren't known to exist (scientifically), there is nothing to indicate they exist (scientifically), nor are they required as an explanation for the human psyche (scientifically).

No one is obliged to accept these simple facts. It's an individual choice. Yet this won't make them any less factual, and anyway in science "facts" themselves are never set in stone but are open to the possibility of being wrong. 

Perhaps I have misunderstood, but why wouldn't diversity of opinion on a discussion forum, be a good thing? Agreement isn't necessary. It can be the strongest and most fervent disagreements that make people think the most.

15 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I would like to share a theory i have. Just an idea . All of our worlds are defined by ourself, the observer. I had so many near brushes with death and heard so many stories of ghosts who didnt know they had passed that i got to wondering. Could it be possible that our consciousness doesnt actually die, but move on to another place? No, not heaven. I am taking into account the possibility of the multiverse. Many of us have experience mandela effects. Is it possible that you dont know when you die here because you jump to the next universe and join inhabitance with another version of you? Now this may be hard for some to understand but just maybe we only add awareness to another body when we leave this one. Maybe I didnt come back to the same place and that is why i see blatant mandela effects. Physical things that arent as they've always been.  I grew up reading Berenstein bears and drinking maddogg 2020 personally.

I can certainly appreciate how this idea was offered. I think most skeptics get a bit strident when unsupported beliefs are claimed as reality that should be immune from criticism, more so than when offered as obvious personal beliefs. In this way beliefs can be fascinating. We all have unsupported beliefs of some sort anyway.

I'm open to the possibility that something could continue to exist in some form. This is from personal experience though, and is difficult to explain. The experience of existing within a light that is infinite. No time, no individuality and no thoughts. Complete stillness and silence, yet at the same time absolute activity. Infinite, yet with no concept of distance or separation. Simply existing in blissful, eternal and infinite light. Very similar to what eastern mystics describe.

I can see how "inner" experience can be very convincing, and I found such experience certainly had other profound effects.

Though I might be difficult to please, as trying to understand this and other "mystical" experiences only resulted in deeper skepticism and a keen interest in neuroscience lol. Though my accepted explanations are backed by (or at least arguable from) a science pov and have had their academic proponents, it seems they are usually a bit too mundane even for other skeptics lol.

So I don't see much chance of reincarnation and find simpler explanations for the things you mention. In fact I find there is likely to be a very simple explanation for consciousness itself. Which doesn't mean my ideas are right of course, and I never could rule out the possibility (no matter how slim) that in many instances, both neuroscience and mysticism might not be mutually exclusive, but could both be correct. I guess I just haven't been convinced that they are.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 2:31 PM, acute said:

I thought I knew all the categories of reported phenomena, but a TV show recently added one more.

The premise goes like this:

Someone suffers severe trauma, and dies in a hospital, but are soon after revived by medics.  They go through the near-death tunnel/light/love experience, but then their soul is altered/augmented/replaced, and they awake to be a very different person, but with knowledge of the old one.

As I said..... This is new to me. Has anyone else heard of it?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk-in

In the 80's "walk-ins" were quite a popular claim.  I met a woman who was a "walk-in" and I know there were two personalities, the walk in called herself Ayanda and was a member of the "Ashtar Command".  (I am telling you the story, doesn't mean I believe it).  She was very weird and people followed her around like she was a great guru.  The real person, I think her name was merryane or something like that, was different she had a healing background and I only met her once during a mass healing ceremony where Ayanda "left" and she was back in her body doing the healings.  It was obvious that the personality was different.  In the 90's I met a con artist who claimed to be a walk in called Ariel, an angelic being, her real name was Karen.  There was no difference in personality, she was a narcissistic goofball.

I have read stories like the one you mention.

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

In the 80's "walk-ins" were quite a popular claim.  I met a woman who was a "walk-in" and I know there were two personalities, the walk in called herself Ayanda and was a member of the "Ashtar Command". 

They were a big UFO cult. Sometimes members showed up at powwows. All their "predictions" bombed though. :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashtar_(extraterrestrial_being)

I myself never had that happen, but who am I to say it is not real?

Because it didn't happen to me or someone I know? If the spirit is not real or the essence, then how is it when someone gets a organ transplant they all of a sudden take on traits of the person they got it from? Or like in another post speak different languages that they never done before?

Coincidence? Maybe. No one knows what mysteries can happen, to say you do is shocking. Again just because it never happened to you or someone you know, don't make it not real but again it is just my opinion.

Hello,

I recently read some new insights about the near death experience. The contention being that the brain itself has a program it runs when a death seems to be happening. The program is to help the human transition from physical reality to our greater and forgotten real reality. That experience the brain has when this happens will bring it closer to its soul's awareness. The net effect is the perception that you now have, from the brain's perspective, is like another more evolved soul is with you. You do not however the perceptual aspects of the brain has actually been increased. It thinks that another soul is now present when it is the brain's perspective that has evolved. People will often act quite differently after their NDE.

I thought that those insights were fasinating.

John

Edited by John from Lowell
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

garnet schulhauser talks about it in his books, I can’t remember which one. You should check them out though. Interesting experiences 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 1:17 AM, John from Lowell said:

Hello,

I recently read some new insights about the near death experience. The contention being that the brain itself has a program it runs when a death seems to be happening. The program is to help the human transition from physical reality to our greater and forgotten real reality. That experience the brain has when this happens will bring it closer to its soul's awareness. The net effect is the perception that you now have, from the brain's perspective, is like another more evolved soul is with you. You do not however the perceptual aspects of the brain has actually been increased. It thinks that another soul is now present when it is the brain's perspective that has evolved. People will often act quite differently after their NDE.

I thought that those insights were fasinating.

John

I suppose that would be plausible if our consciousness resided in the brain.  The brain is the interface between our body and our consciousness.  Don't ask for proof from me, I only have proof for myself.  There are a few nueologists who have also come to this conclusion and one of them wrote a book.  I will see if I can find it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I suppose that would be plausible if our consciousness resided in the brain.  The brain is the interface between our body and our consciousness.  Don't ask for proof from me, I only have proof for myself.  There are a few nueologists who have also come to this conclusion and one of them wrote a book.  I will see if I can find it.

Hi,

My understanding is that our consciousness is interdimensional energy. The brain is a computer where we store information. It is good for remembering things however it is not able to create new ideas or perceptions like our consciouness. I guess you could call it an interface between the body and our consciousness. How it all works will eventually be understood and provable. For now I do my best to grasp the basic principals.

What I was describing above was reframing the brains information. Obviousally a concept hard to envision and define. The main point being we are not using another soul with a more elevated awareness, we are elevating our own brains information.

John

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

Hi,

My understanding is that our consciousness is interdimensional energy. The brain is a computer where we store information. It is good for remembering things however it is not able to create new ideas or perceptions like our consciouness. I guess you could call it an interface between the body and our consciousness. How it all works will eventually be understood and provable. For now I do my best to grasp the basic principals.

What I was describing above was reframing the brains information. Obviousally a concept hard to envision and define. The main point being we are not using another soul with a more elevated awareness, we are elevating our own brains information.

John

I guess I don't understand what you are saying.  I still don't understand when people talk about a soul being separate from our consciousness as I think the soul is the consciousness.  It is a very debatable subject though, every bit of information is subjective as we have no real provable foundation to start with.  We all have our experiences and conclusions of what those experiences mean.

I think our memory is not just stored in the brain, the brain is the access device of our memory and our perceptions. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 1:46 PM, Horta said:

Certain injury/trauma (physical or psychological) can drastically alter consciousness and have profound effects on personality. This is well documented. At the same time souls aren't known to exist (scientifically), there is nothing to indicate they exist (scientifically), nor are they required as an explanation for the human psyche (scientifically).

No one is obliged to accept these simple facts. It's an individual choice. Yet this won't make them any less factual, and anyway in science "facts" themselves are never set in stone but are open to the possibility of being wrong. 

Russell Targ and Hal Puthoff have carried out many experiments on consciousness in the early 70's at Stanford Research Institute and along with Ingo Swann, developed Remote Viewing. This has been used (and continues to be used) by the military for over 25 years. I think you may be interested in Targs book Limitless Mind which details many of his experiences and research. There are techniques to experience the way our reality is moulded by our consciousness and from what I have read about it all, the reality is that we are consciousness using a physical body to 'drive about in' for a limited time.

Targ and Puthoff did many repeatable scientific experiments. But...hey, if it makes you feel safer to believe the current mainstream science version of truth, then go for it.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...