Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Five stabbed in Paisley and Renfrew...

Seraphina

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seraphina

• warden

• Subtemperate

• bathory

lol Fluffy...

Warden... Everyone should be careful when located around those sort of happenings, so you too would be included.... Do not feel left out.

thats bloody nuts. i mean what the hell is the point in random stabbings?

Probably some junkie or something.

i have some pals that go to paisley uni, hope they stay clear of that area where the stuff went down.

Stay safe wink2.gif

laugh.gif @ Fluffy

We have a saying around here in Texas...only a fool would carry a knife to a gun fight! grin2.gif

Seraphina,

You are probably already aware of this fact, but pepper spray will stop a charging grizzly bear in its tracks....literally. Get some. thumbsup.gif Is that legal?

laugh.gif  @ Fluffy

We have a saying around here in Texas...only a fool would carry a knife to a gun fight! grin2.gif

Seraphina,

You are probably already aware of this fact, but pepper spray will stop a charging grizzly bear in its tracks....literally.  Get some. thumbsup.gif  Is that legal?

470086[/snapback]

Carrying peppar spray in scotland is the same as carrying an illegal gun

getting caught with it would end you up in jail

The police say it is a controled weapon

ohmy.gif I can't believe it's illegal to carry pepper spray. angry.gif

Pepper spray is illegal in Canada too. I wouldn't have minded carrying some around for myself.

It's all about this stuff getting into the wrong hands.

i guess only wunarmed would have enjoyed my comment:(

was funny....

expected lol

its 6 people that nutjob plunged now.... they got him anyway luckily no1 has died.

the expression "throw away the key" comes to mind".

A man has appeared in court charged with stabbing six men last week, four in Paisley and two in Renfrew.

Grant McCartney, 34, of Wilson Street, Renfrew, made no plea and was remanded in custody after the private hearing at Paisley Sheriff Court.

He is accused of carrying out six assaults to severe injury on 26 January by stabbing the men with a knife or similar instrument.

Mr McCartney is due to reappear in court next week.

"Make him think"?

Anyone who would walk around town randomly stabbing people in the back is very unlikely to emerge from prison having thought about, and regretted, what they did...he's obviously a lunatic.

Chances are he'll plead insanity, and get sent to Dykbar...where, in turn, he will soon be released back into the community, unwatched, on good behaviour, and go on another rampage.

My good friend did

He was a lifer and has came out a few years ago and never been in trouble once

He is from glasgow

Did he walk around town randomly stabbing people he didn't even know in the back whenever the chance presented itself?

No and i know where you are comming from...he was going to get a doing over so carried a blade around with him for protection

After a few days he bumped into this guy who was after him,they started brawling and my friend lost it ..blanked out you could say ,the next thing he knew the guy had been stabbed 4 or 5 times but on was through the heart which done the damage

This is pretty scary...I was ON Lochfeild road at around half four, if not just before it  Hell, walking into Uni today, I'd have to pass very near three of those places to get there...like running a bloody guantlet.

*realises that, if she'd gone out immedietly when she meant to, instead of staying in and having an early dinner first, she'd have been out around the time of the stabbing....finds that extremely scary*

I know, scary isn't it

Well, there's a huge difference between something like that happening during a fight, and wandering around town, for no reason whatsoever, stabbing people in the back.

Someone certainly can regret an incident like that (that happened in the heat of the moment)...but a premeditated attack on a chain of complete strangers...that's something different altogether.

Carrying peppar spray in scotland is the same as carrying an illegal gun

getting caught with it would end you up in jail

The police say it is a controled weapon

Has anyone in the Parliment introduced legislation to ban knives? wink2.gif

Pepper spray is illegal in Canada too. I wouldn't have minded carrying some around for myself.

It's all about this stuff getting into the wrong hands.

Wrong hands? wacko.gif But you guys do have grizzly bears!

Has anyone in the Parliment introduced legislation to ban knives?

It'll illegal to carry knives too, Mr Joc...it's in the exact same boat as pepper spray. Guns are considered something of a class all by themselves though, and the laws that govern and control them are far more strict.

I guess it's safe to say that Sera wouldn't last one day here in the U.S...... well at least in large cities or down here in the South! tongue.gif

Just joking with ya Ser... innocent.gif

As I've said many times, if I lived in the US, one of the first things I'd do is buy a lot of locks for my front door, and then get a gun...the last thing I'd want to be is the only person on my block that didn't have one.

Fortunately, I do not live in the US, and do not have to deal with the gun culture that exists there tongue.gif Handguns have been banned over here for some time and get this...we do not, in fact, have gangs roaming around with their illegal handguns blasting away at we poor unarmed sods, as some Americans seem to think would happen if guns were more tightly controlled over there.

Well then I guess we will all just have to agree to let us do things our way... and you guys can do things your way.

I am not saying your way is wrong ... but here in America, gun ownership is a right... and I practice my right as an American! thumbsup.gif

Well, in that case, I'll practice my right to think that the easy access to guns, in the face of the US' overwhelming gun related crime as a direct result, is sheer lunacy tongue.gif

Fair enough wink2.gif

And I will not think anything bad at all... cause you have your right to believe as you wish! tongue.gif