Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Ajay0

Interesting correlation between God and light

66 posts in this topic

Horta
1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Time continues to pass and it takes the particle a certain time to travel a certain distance  even at light speed.   

From our perspective yes, it travels at the speed of light.

Are you  arguing that if i could travel 500 million light years at the speed of light i wouldn't notice any time and would arrive the same age as when i left?    

Hypothetically, yes. An observer would see you travelling at the speed of light for 500 million years, but you would get there instantly. There is no time for something travelling at the speed of light nor is there any distance (in direction of travel). Afaik. Though in practice it can't happen.

When i have considered this as part of instantaneous teleportation i have been howled  down 

That's because anything with mass can't travel at the speed of light. No matter how fast you go you will never reach it because your mass would keep increasing forever as well as the required energy.

Afaik it takes enormous amounts of energy to just accelerate protons to anywhere near light speed. I did read somewhere it takes about the same power as several cities would draw.

Of course the matter of matter(increased mass)  would have to be solved  

I have a strange feeling that Einstein is as wrong on this as were those who said that travelling faster than a horse could travel would put such strains on the human body that you would die 

I don't know, could be other ways to do it though, who knows, maybe one day?

Edited by Horta

Horta

ps. I just looked it up, the LHC draws about 1/3 the power of the city of Geneva.

• Thanks 1

Horta

An interesting talk on muons. Afaik it was muon experiments that originally validated time dilation/length contraction of special relativity, experimentally.

Edited by Horta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Mr Walker
16 hours ago, Horta said:

From our perspective yes, it travels at the speed of light.

Hypothetically, yes. An observer would see you travelling at the speed of light for 500 million years, but you would get there instantly. There is no time for something travelling at the speed of light nor is there any distance (in direction of travel). Afaik. Though in practice it can't happen.

That's because anything with mass can't travel at the speed of light. No matter how fast you go you will never reach it because your mass would keep increasing forever as well as the required energy.

Afaik it takes enormous amounts of energy to just accelerate protons to anywhere near light speed. I did read somewhere it takes about the same power as several cities would draw.

I don't know, could be other ways to do it though, who knows, maybe one day?

My point was that teleportation may not involve the movement of mass, but rather of data (a total coded template of a human being)  The data could be sent and then reintegrated at the end point This could happen at light speed

The result would be two beings, one on either end of the transmission; and  transmission at light speed.

This would SEEM instantaneous to the participant but it would still take years for him /her to travel light years   

Today energy is a limiting factor but as we evolve into a class/type 1 or 2 galactic civilization in the next century or so,  we will have all the energy from  the sun and the system to utilise 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale 

In the end, of course, i t ink we will simply find other ways to travel which circumvent the limitations of light speed eg bending space and time, or folding it, so we can step through an artificial wormhole on one side of a galaxy and out again on the other side.   

Nasa has been working on such a faster than light space drive for at least a decade  I think its based on Alcubierre's theoretical warp drive from  last century 

Alcubierre proposed a new kind of technology that would allow us to travel 10 times faster than the speed of light without actually breaking the speed of light. That seems a bit contradictory, after all, we’ve been told by Dr. Einstein and others that light is the galactic speed limit – nothing in the cosmos can travel faster than it (much less 10 times faster) and herein lies the key to the Alcubierre drive: When you use it, you aren’t actually moving through space.

This technology would not actually propel the ship to speeds exceeding light; instead, it uses the deformation of spacetime permitted by General Relativity to warp the universe around the vessel. Essentially, when the drive is activated, the spacetime behind expands, while in the front it contracts. In this respect, the path taken becomes a time-like free-fall –a propulsion system that manipulated space-time by generating a so-called “warp bubble” that would expand space on one side of a spacecraft and contract it on another. In this way, the spaceship will be pushed away from the Earth and pulled towards a distant star by space-time itself,” Alcubierre wrote.

march 2019 quote

There have been hints the past few years that NASA may be on the path to discovering warp bubbles that could make the local universe accessible for human exploration. NASA scientists may be close announcing they may have broken the speed of light. According to state-of-the art theory, a warp drive could cut the travel time between stars from tens of thousands of years to weeks or months. They say they have found a way to configure the hypothetical negative energy matter so that the warping could be accomplished with a mass equivalent to the Voyager spacecraft.

According to recent reports, NASA scientists are currently researching the feasibility of warp drive (and EMdrive and a number of other modes of faster than light travel); however, most scientists think that such forms of space travel simply aren’t viable, thanks to the fundamental physics of our universe.

https://dailygalaxy.com/2019/03/warp-bubbles-nasa-manipulating-spacetime-to-achieve-faster-than-light-travel-weekend-feature/

Clearly there is a lot of doubt, yet money is being put into research, and there is Always doubt about future technologies 

According to posts on NASASpaceFlight.com, a website devoted to the engineering side of space news, when lasers were fired through the EmDrive’s resonance chamber, some of the beams appeared to travel faster than the speed of light. If that’s true, it would mean that the EmDrive is producing a warp field or bubble.

But “How?” If the laser beams are moving faster than the speed of light, then it would indicate that they are creating some sort of warp field, or bubble in the space-time foam, which in turn produces the thrust that could, in theory, power a spaceship bound for the center of the Milky Way or one of its dwarf galaxy satellites.

The bubble would contract space-time in front of the ship, flow over the ship, then expand back to normality behind it. It’s inaccurate to describe the spaceship as moving faster than the speed of light, but rather spacetime is moving around the ship faster than the speed of light.

Edited by Mr Walker

Horta
On 2/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, Mr Walker said:

My point was that teleportation may not involve the movement of mass, but rather of data (a total coded template of a human being)  The data could be sent and then reintegrated at the end point This could happen at light speed

The result would be two beings, one on either end of the transmission; and  transmission at light speed.

This would SEEM instantaneous to the participant but it would still take years for him /her to travel light years   

Today energy is a limiting factor but as we evolve into a class/type 1 or 2 galactic civilization in the next century or so,  we will have all the energy from  the sun and the system to utilise 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale 

In the end, of course, i t ink we will simply find other ways to travel which circumvent the limitations of light speed eg bending space and time, or folding it, so we can step through an artificial wormhole on one side of a galaxy and out again on the other side.   

Nasa has been working on such a faster than light space drive for at least a decade  I think its based on Alcubierre's theoretical warp drive from  last century 

Alcubierre proposed a new kind of technology that would allow us to travel 10 times faster than the speed of light without actually breaking the speed of light. That seems a bit contradictory, after all, we’ve been told by Dr. Einstein and others that light is the galactic speed limit – nothing in the cosmos can travel faster than it (much less 10 times faster) and herein lies the key to the Alcubierre drive: When you use it, you aren’t actually moving through space.

This technology would not actually propel the ship to speeds exceeding light; instead, it uses the deformation of spacetime permitted by General Relativity to warp the universe around the vessel. Essentially, when the drive is activated, the spacetime behind expands, while in the front it contracts. In this respect, the path taken becomes a time-like free-fall –a propulsion system that manipulated space-time by generating a so-called “warp bubble” that would expand space on one side of a spacecraft and contract it on another. In this way, the spaceship will be pushed away from the Earth and pulled towards a distant star by space-time itself,” Alcubierre wrote.

march 2019 quote

There have been hints the past few years that NASA may be on the path to discovering warp bubbles that could make the local universe accessible for human exploration. NASA scientists may be close announcing they may have broken the speed of light. According to state-of-the art theory, a warp drive could cut the travel time between stars from tens of thousands of years to weeks or months. They say they have found a way to configure the hypothetical negative energy matter so that the warping could be accomplished with a mass equivalent to the Voyager spacecraft.

According to recent reports, NASA scientists are currently researching the feasibility of warp drive (and EMdrive and a number of other modes of faster than light travel); however, most scientists think that such forms of space travel simply aren’t viable, thanks to the fundamental physics of our universe.

https://dailygalaxy.com/2019/03/warp-bubbles-nasa-manipulating-spacetime-to-achieve-faster-than-light-travel-weekend-feature/

Clearly there is a lot of doubt, yet money is being put into research, and there is Always doubt about future technologies 

According to posts on NASASpaceFlight.com, a website devoted to the engineering side of space news, when lasers were fired through the EmDrive’s resonance chamber, some of the beams appeared to travel faster than the speed of light. If that’s true, it would mean that the EmDrive is producing a warp field or bubble.

But “How?” If the laser beams are moving faster than the speed of light, then it would indicate that they are creating some sort of warp field, or bubble in the space-time foam, which in turn produces the thrust that could, in theory, power a spaceship bound for the center of the Milky Way or one of its dwarf galaxy satellites.

The bubble would contract space-time in front of the ship, flow over the ship, then expand back to normality behind it. It’s inaccurate to describe the spaceship as moving faster than the speed of light, but rather spacetime is moving around the ship faster than the speed of light.

I agree that firstly, assuming it is possible and not against the principles of the universe itself, and secondly... assuming our modern societies don't collapse first...things like teleportation and even time travel are probably inevitable. It might not be a human invention though, artificial intelligence might soon be responsible for our best discoveries.

Mr Walker
22 hours ago, Horta said:

I agree that firstly, assuming it is possible and not against the principles of the universe itself, and secondly... assuming our modern societies don't collapse first...things like teleportation and even time travel are probably inevitable. It might not be a human invention though, artificial intelligence might soon be responsible for our best discoveries.

I agree and such a collapse is at least a medium possibility 

It is absolutely certain tha t  (barring a major disaster ) advanced AI's will enable a rapid increase in the advancement of human sciences and technologies However I consider those as part of human achievements

(The AI's might differ of course) :)  

Scientists in this field   seem to agree that teleportation of inanimate matter will be done by around 2050 and teleportation of humans by around 2100 

The chinese teleported photons back in 2016 and for at least a distance of 300 miles Thts been extended to 7000 kilometres In 2019 two separate teams teleported a qutrit

For the first time, researchers have teleported a qutrit, a tripartite unit of quantum information. The independent results from two teams are an important advance for the field of quantum teleportation, which has long been limited to qubits—units of quantum information akin to the binary “bits” used in classical computing.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/qutrit-experiments-are-a-first-in-quantum-teleportation/

And yep i know, this is still a long way from beaming people around the place, but television was basically begun in the late 1880s early 1900s   The first real Tv using a mechanical scanner and a cathode ray tube was invented in 1907. and the first working electronic TV in 1927  Fifty years later Tv came to our home in rural  South australia.

It was often "snowy,"  ( fuzzy)  black and white, and required an antenna on a 50 foot tower, but  it changed everyone's lives forever.  I think a similar timeline for teleportation is quite likely  

Wepwawet
On 2/25/2019 at 4:52 PM, Ajay0 said:

Hi All, :)

I have come across some observations which depict an interesting correlation between God and light....

In Hinduism, the Vedas and Hindu scriptures consider the Shivalinga as representing a cosmic pillar of light. The Dharmic monotheistic sect the Prajapita Brahmakumaris consider God to be a point of light.

In Islam, Allah has 100 name's, and one of them is Alnoor ( the Light).

“God is light,” says 1 John 1:5, in the Bible in Christianity.

In Judaism, Psalm 76:4 says of God, “You are radiant with light.”

So this correlation between God and light, is a common denominator in these four major world religions.

Imo, the fire worship in Zoroastrianism may be illustrating this correlation between God (Ahura Mazda ) and light as well, light being emitted by the fire.

If you find any further proofs or evidences in this regard, please do share it here. smile.gif

Thanking you all in advance.

I'm quoting the OP not because I expect an answer from Ajay0, but for context.

It's rather surprising that the name of Akhenaten does not appear once in this thread about a correlation between God and light. In his religion, God was light, for he was not worshipping just the Sun as we see it in the sky, but the light of the Sun, as Erik Hornung puts it in the title of his book on Akhenaten, Akhenaten and the religion of Light. Remove the light of the Sun and there is no life, and Akhenaten should be given credit for, in an age that believed explicitly in magic and the supernatural, understanding this very simple fact, and so realising that the vast menagerie of gods can be reduced to just one, the Aten, the Sun and it's light.

Edited by Wepwawet
typos
  • Like 2

Wepwawet
1 minute ago, Wepwawet said:

Edited by Wepwawet
double post

joc
On 2/6/2020 at 4:43 AM, Horta said:

An interesting talk on muons. Afaik it was muon experiments that originally validated time dilation/length contraction of special relativity, experimentally.

Silly question:

What about the friction of the Earth's atmosphere?

Because of the interaction with Earth's atmosphere...i.e. friction...the Muons slow down...and therefore their life expectancy is increased?  In the lab results, there is no friction with the atmosphere...so...is there really a paradox at all...or just the same miscalculations made that the weathermen always make when storms are supposed to be here on a particular day, but don't actually arrive until much later because the weathermen fail to take into consideration the Rocky Mountains?

Mr Walker
12 hours ago, Wepwawet said:

It's rather surprising that the name of Akhenaten does not appear once in this thread about a correlation between God and light. In his religion, God was light, for he was not worshipping just the Sun as we see it in the sky, but the light of the Sun, as Erik Hornung puts it in the title of his book on Akhenaten, Akhenaten and the religion of Light. Remove the light of the Sun and there is no life, and Akhenaten should be given credit for, in an age that believed explicitly in magic and the supernatural, understanding this very simple fact, and so realising that the vast menagerie of gods can be reduced to just one, the Aten, the Sun and it's light.

There is some evidence that this belief/religion contributed to the evolution of the judaic concept of god .

Nothing conclusive and quite arguable/disputable,  but interesting. 

Mr Walker
10 hours ago, joc said:

Silly question:

Because of the interaction with Earth's atmosphere...i.e. friction...the Muons slow down...and therefore their life expectancy is increased?  In the lab results, there is no friction with the atmosphere...so...is there really a paradox at all...or just the same miscalculations made that the weathermen always make when storms are supposed to be here on a particular day, but don't actually arrive until much later because the weathermen fail to take into consideration the Rocky Mountains?

Why is there no friction in the lab? Are the experiments conducted in a vacuum? 

Ps I know nothing about this but i don't quite get your point . 

Wepwawet
8 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

There is some evidence that this belief/religion contributed to the evolution of the judaic concept of god .

Nothing conclusive and quite arguable/disputable,  but interesting. 

It is of course very tempting to see "Atenism" as being a precursor for the Hebrew God, but I think that the considerable gap in time between the death of Akhenaten and the first documented accounts of the Hebrew God is too great for there to be a connection. If even the Egyptians had forgotten him, I doubt if a people not yet formed, in the religious sense, would have even the slightest knowledge of Akhenaten. If there is a link  between the Egyptians and the Hebrew God, and I think there is, then we see it in the creation as told in Genesis, for the Hebrew God creates ex nihilo by speaking the words, which is how Ptah created the world several millennia before the Hebrews existed. But, linking Akhenaten to the Hebrews provides a good living for a number of authors, Ahmed Osman for instance.

Horta
On 2/10/2020 at 11:58 PM, joc said:

Silly question:

Not sure what you're saying here joc, how would slowing muons down decrease their decay rate? Wouldn't they decay at 2.2 microseconds regardless (on average)?

If the muons slowed substantially, wouldn't that make it far less likely that they would ever reach earth? They should decay even further in the upper atmosphere if that were so. Far too many reach earth even allowing for them travelling almost at the speed of light. Unless SR and time dilation/ length contraction are taken into account, then it works out fine apparently (or so I'm told lol).

• Thanks 1

Horta
On 2/11/2020 at 10:50 AM, Mr Walker said:

Why is there no friction in the lab? Are the experiments conducted in a vacuum? 

Ps I know nothing about this but i don't quite get your point . 

Afaik the particle accelerators where muon/ fundamental particle experiments in general take place, are in a vacuum. For seemingly obvious reasons. Though I'm certainly no particle physicist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

joc
On 2/18/2020 at 8:14 AM, Horta said:

Not sure what you're saying here joc, how would slowing muons down decrease their decay rate? Wouldn't they decay at 2.2 microseconds regardless (on average)?

If the muons slowed substantially, wouldn't that make it far less likely that they would ever reach earth? They should decay even further in the upper atmosphere if that were so. Far too many reach earth even allowing for them travelling almost at the speed of light. Unless SR and time dilation/ length contraction are taken into account, then it works out fine apparently (or so I'm told lol).

I told you it was a silly question! B)

I watched the video again.  I get it.  If not for time dilation, they wouldn't be able to reach the surface of the Earth.  Thanks.

Festina
On 2/10/2020 at 3:21 AM, Wepwawet said:

The Sun of God —Light.  And .....the Christians worship on Sunday, not Satur(n)day.  

Edited by Festina