Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First gun control bill passed in over 20 years

Still Waters

4 hours ago, aztek said:

I back nra with my money and so do millions of americans

The "American Cancer Society" of gun owners who take your money and run.  :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

The "American Cancer Society" of gun owners who take your money and run.  :lol:  

they take my money and bribe liberals\dems, and i'm fine with that,  if that is what it takes.  

10 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

To which the answer came back "how are you going to enforce it" (it's an unenforceable law)?

GOOD ON'EM!  Exactly the same strategy will be used all over this country when the Progs manage to regain sufficient power to ram such rules through.  Where the rubber meets the road though, these rules simply will be unenforceable.  No violence or rioting or conventional disobedience even required.  We'll just take a page from their playbook and IGNORE and nullify Federal laws we disagree with.  Sauce for the goose, and all that... :w00t:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aztek said:

it is pretty much how it was for decades,  gun dealers always call nibc line.when you buy a gun, or transfer.   what is new about it exactly???

Oh, it's definitely new.  They want every private sale between citizens to be recorded and background checks be done.  IOW, if I wanted to sell a rifle or handgun to someone in my area, I would be required to get a background check on them and wait ten days before the sale could be finalized.  They know that this isn't going to change the overall numbers of gun crimes or mass shootings because most of those are committed with weapons that were acquired legally and usually with background checks.  They want to weaken 2A by any means they can and since they introduced the validity of nullification (Sanctuary laws) they just aren't going to be able to get it done.  People in my part of the country will laugh in their face.  Even the local PDs would wink and nod.  They just won't want to deal with the headache.

16 hours ago, Piney said:

I had to jump through hoops to get my permits and private security license in New Jersey, which is one of the hardest states. Yet members of the Crips and Bloods were armed to the teeth in my one time hometown, Camden.

The NRA is a pack of racist hypocrites. But I don't consider them terrorists. Just asses. 

If the NRA took foreign money, especially in large amounts, and then gave money to candidates, it’s a crime.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Still Waters said:

The House of Representatives on Wednesday passed significant gun control legislation for the first time in more than two decades, a move that Democrats hope will intensify a pressure campaign for a vote in the Senate.

The universal background check bill, H.R. 8, requires background checks on all firearm sales in the country. Currently, only licensed gun dealers must perform background checks for anyone seeking to purchase a firearm. Most unlicensed sellers do not; H.R. 8 would make that illegal. There are exemptions to the law like "gifts to family members and transfers for hunting, target shooting, and self-defense," according to the House Judiciary Committee website.

The measure passed 240-190. Eight Republicans voted for the bill, and two Democrats, Jared Golden of Maine and Collin Peterson of Minnesota, voted against it.

Selling guns for self-defense and target shooting are exempt too? Am I reading that right? Hell, that is the most likely reason people buy guns from the sellers anyway. I don't get this? Seems like another feel good bill with a lot of loopholes in it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

If the NRA took foreign money, especially in large amounts, and then gave money to candidates, it’s a crime.

I sure hope so. I'd like to see them crash and burn. :yes:

14 hours ago, and then said:

Oh, it's definitely new.  They want every private sale between citizens to be recorded and background checks be done.  IOW, if I wanted to sell a rifle or handgun to someone in my area, I would be required to get a background check on them and wait ten days before the sale could be finalized.  They know that this isn't going to change the overall numbers of gun crimes or mass shootings because most of those are committed with weapons that were acquired legally and usually with background checks.  They want to weaken 2A by any means they can and since they introduced the validity of nullification (Sanctuary laws) they just aren't going to be able to get it done.  People in my part of the country will laugh in their face.  Even the local PDs would wink and nod.  They just won't want to deal with the headache.

why would anyone do it with a rifle\gun that has no paper trail linking it to that person?   people will not.  unless you selling a rifle that has paper trail linking it to you, like gun store receipt, or an application. in that case anyone will do ffl transfer, with  paperwork proving you no longer have it., as they do it now.  

this is totally unenforceable law.  

Edited by aztek

14 hours ago, and then said:

well, when they go for changing 2A they open a floodgate, i want more amendments repelled, changed than anti gunners who only after 2nd,  i want to see 8th, 9th, 14th 27th, and that is just of the top of my head, let them open a floodgate. 

On 2/28/2019 at 9:08 AM, RoofGardener said:

Oh wait, they havn't DONE anything, have they ? 

LOL lets let the investigations and trials play out before writing that answer in ink shall we?

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2019 at 7:15 AM, Piney said:

I had to jump through hoops to get my permits and private security license in New Jersey, which is one of the hardest states. Yet members of the Crips and Bloods were armed to the teeth in my one time hometown, Camden.

Guns don't kill people...people with guns kill people...and when the people with guns kill people...we should hastily, swiftly, and without much reservation kill them back!  

That....is gun control!

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 1

Down with this bill. If anything gun laws should be seriously drawn back, and over reaching states should be brought to heal. 

I’m in NY, and can’t get a handgun cause of some minor crimes I committed as a young man. Not that those crimes would lawfully stop me from getting a permit, but because I can’t get the paperwork on them for full disclosure. 

I drove 3 hours one way to attain the paperwork, and was told they never happened. That there was no record of them. Yet I was denied, even after writing a letter explaining the situation. That’s what I get for being honest on why I needed said paperwork. 

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Down with this bill. If anything gun laws should be seriously drawn back, and over reaching states should be brought to heal. 

I’m in NY, and can’t get a handgun cause of some minor crimes I committed as a young man. Not that those crimes would lawfully stop me from getting a permit, but because I can’t get the paperwork on them for full disclosure. 

I drove 3 hours one way to attain the paperwork, and was told they never happened. That there was no record of them. Yet I was denied, even after writing a letter explaining the situation. That’s what I get for being honest on why I needed said paperwork. 

If you crimes were violent because you lost control of your temper, then that's probably a good thing.  If it was for shop lifting, maybe not so much so.  But it does seem to be a state rule.  Just come to Iowa and get it.  We give gun permits to blind people.  We also have reciprocity to 33 states including your home state of New York. 

15 hours ago, Gromdor said:

That amendment passed and it only passed because of Democrat support.....

The amendment was approved on a 220-209 vote, with 26 Democrats joining the GOP in support. Only one Republican voted against it.

so 200+ dems do not believe ICE should be notified when an illegal trys to buy a gun.  

Edited by aztek

On 3/1/2019 at 5:51 AM, Piney said:

I sure hope so. I'd like to see them crash and burn. :yes:

It's tough for me.   They are really the only organization with the power to fight for the 2nd amendment.   I don't agree with all they do, but understand why they do it.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, aztek said:

The amendment was approved on a 220-209 vote, with 26 Democrats joining the GOP in support. Only one Republican voted against it.

so 200+ dems do not believe ICE should be notified when an illegal trys to buy a gun.  

That's correct.  Without Democrats the measure would have failed. 

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

so only 26 out 235 iirc though it was a good idea to report illegals trying to buy a gun, hmm

1 minute ago, aztek said:

so only 26 out 235 iirc though it was a good idea to report illegals trying to buy a gun, hmm

Well to be blunt, it's a pointless amendment.  Illegals don't go and submit themselves to background checks in order to buy firearms.  The 26 are the ones that said, "Well, if anyone ever was that stupid, I guess we could make a law to catch and deport that one guy........."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Well to be blunt, it's a pointless amendment. 

well to be blunt, gun laws pushed and passed by dems in last 10 years  or so are all pointless,  

16 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The ones that voted for it are on AOC's "list' now. :lol:

Typical bully tactics.

i wonder if they give a damn about her list, they all can make their own list and put her on it.

Edited by aztek

1 minute ago, aztek said:

i wonder is they give a damn about her list, they all can make their own list and put her on it.

I think she's already on a few.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

If you crimes were violent because you lost control of your temper, then that's probably a good thing.  If it was for shop lifting, maybe not so much so.  But it does seem to be a state rule.  Just come to Iowa and get it.  We give gun permits to blind people.  We also have reciprocity to 33 states including your home state of New York. 

It wasn’t because of the crimes. It was because in NY you have to produce paperwork on any arrest you have ever had to get a permit. I couldn’t provide that cause I was told they had no record of it. Which was a lie.

I had two. One for shoplifting, and one was a trespass charge after being invited to a party in the middle of the woods, that turned out to be someone’s property. I was new in town and just looking to make friends. Which I did. 

Edited by preacherman76