Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Honduras man's death blamed on 'Chupacabra'

UM-Bot

"Drained of all his blood' it says. Can any known animal do that?

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Well not tje nightjar anyway, soi the Chupacabra is out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oldrover said:

Well not tje nightjar anyway, soi the Chupacabra is out. 

No idea what you are talking about??? nightjar??

The chupacabra is a Mediterranean story. And it concerns the nightjar alledgedly suckiling from goats at night. Milk not blood.  It was taken ti the Americas by the Spanish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

The chupacabra is a Mediterranean story. And it concerns the nightjar alledgedly suckiling from goats at night. Milk not blood.  It was taken ti the Americas by the Spanish.

I’ve noticed the word ‘chupacabra’ has been used for considerably different creatures.

But this Honduran one has me intrigued now. I saw a drawing of this alleged creature on the internet. I wet my undies thinking what might have occurred to this hombre.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

There is a vampire bat whos food source is blood but they can hardly drain a dog from blood. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_bat

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

There is a vampire bat whos food source is blood but they can hardly drain a dog from blood. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_bat

We have a real mystery here then. I hope to hear more but I probably won’t.

• Like 1

Me and a friend saw an animal that i always called a chupacabra because it resembled that honduran chupacabre. I am from the woods and grew up in a forest service family so i am pretty adept at animal identification. It ran across the road in front of us when we were driving between Burney and Redding. It looked like a mangey coyote with maybe a shorter snout. I just assumed it was one until it got across the road it jumped up a 20 ft retainment wall and pulled itself over the top. I was a bit in shock because it ran like a dog but when it pulled itself over it used its hands and climbed up more like a primate. My friend said "did you just see that thing spiderman over the wall?". I have always wondered what the **** that was but jokingly dubbed it a chupacabra. No bloodless animals around though.

• Like 3

A bald raccon would look a bit dog like with monkey like hands,

I loved it when the orginal chupra popped up,

Never pictures just dead animals and anedotes,

11424690_10100260190014607_975544564_n.thumb.jpg.8735956a64b95e21a6d24af06c316df9.jpg

It was convinced by description it didnt exist and the fact sightings started right after the sci fi flick species was released with aliens which looked alot like it that all nailed it for me,

It was a trend for a spell, t shirts , trinkets even fast food joints took its name,

Then profiteer attention seekers around Texas stole the name for some mangy coyote type and every other odd ball creature was labled a chupra, for shame,

But hey i saw a stuffed one from texss on ebay for 10k

• Like 4

22 hours ago, the13bats said:

A bald raccon would look a bit dog like with monkey like hands,

I loved it when the orginal chupra popped up,

Never pictures just dead animals and anedotes,

11424690_10100260190014607_975544564_n.thumb.jpg.8735956a64b95e21a6d24af06c316df9.jpg

It was convinced by description it didnt exist and the fact sightings started right after the sci fi flick species was released with aliens which looked alot like it that all nailed it for me,

It was a trend for a spell, t shirts , trinkets even fast food joints took its name,

Then profiteer attention seekers around Texas stole the name for some mangy coyote type and every other odd ball creature was labled a chupra, for shame,

But hey i saw a stuffed one from texss on ebay for 10k

The illustration you have up there is what I've always associated with the Chupacabra since I first heard of it back in 1995 coming out of Puerto Rico.  It was a fairly fantastic creature as it could also fly or jump great distances as well as use the tongue somehow to drain the blood of its victims.  I saw a fairly recent story on the news that someone had caught a Chupacabra here in S. Texas but again it turned out to be some kind of sick coyote or something and nothing like the reptilian thing in the image.

• Thanks 1

Mantis,

Descriptions even of the orginal varied so that was fun, and many did as you say have wings or flaps of some sort. No wings but my figure is close to my idea of it.

20190301_191548-222x300.jpg.2f7d178ba2c60790b684f7e77b81e155.jpg

I recall when i first heard of the original chupracabra, my grandmother was still around she liked this stuff and being its description was basically a zoological hodge podge she chimed right in with did i think it could be a one off,  something that escaped or was turned loose from a lab, and at the risk of furor from die hard skeptics its possible but of course unlikely,

The interesting they would still blame anything on any even the texas version as they are fairly played out.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, the13bats said:

Mantis,

Descriptions even of the orginal varied so that was fun, and many did as you say have wings or flaps of some sort. No wings but my figure is close to my idea of it.

20190301_191548-222x300.jpg.2f7d178ba2c60790b684f7e77b81e155.jpg

I recall when i first heard of the original chupracabra, my grandmother was still around she liked this stuff and being its description was basically a zoological hodge podge she chimed right in with did i think it could be a one off,  something that escaped or was turned loose from a lab, and at the risk of furor from die hard skeptics its possible but of course unlikely,

The interesting they would still blame anything on any even the texas version as they are fairly played out.

Look like a baby with harlequin disease... and that disease exist, awful and scary. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I first heard of the "goatsucker' or chupacabra, it was i think on the old tv show Sightings, or Unsolved Mysteries. According to what  I heard, back in the 1990s,early 200s, this was some creature that was created in a US government lab in Puerto Rico. The thing got loose and was attacking animals, mainly goats not  humans.

• Like 1

This thing is like Bigfoot, Nessie, Slenderman, Mothman and others. It will continue to be reported as long as there is a belief....Urban Legends often don't die the belief just expands. I have been to Honduras and never seen one that don't mean they don't exist I just never saw one.

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 1

It doesnt even take "belief" to keep it going just someone who wants to tell the tale.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

It doesnt even take "belief" to keep it going just someone who wants to tell the tale.....

Basically thats all Urban Legends are in the long run just tales that have expanded over the years, centuries etc...As the tale gets pass down to generation to generation it just gets more bizarre and twisted. But then agian for people that believe these tales it's often hard for them to separate fact from fiction.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Basically thats all Urban Legends are in the long run just tales that have expanded over the years, centuries etc...As the tale gets pass down to generation to generation it just gets more bizarre and twisted. But then agian for people that believe these tales it's often hard for them to separate fact from fiction.

The Jersey Devil started out as a parody and nut shot to the competition written by Ben Franklin. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

The Jersey Devil started out as a parody and nut shot to the competition written by Ben Franklin. 

Franklin wrote about the Jersey Devil? Or am I misinterpreting your post?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Franklin wrote about the Jersey Devil? Or am I misinterpreting your post?

He invented it. :lol:

• Haha 4

I'd go looking for some chaos cultists before looking for an actual reptilian chupacabra. 

Possibly someone who was murdered, then drained to thrown supersticousness into the mix. 

Ukrainian Chupacabra:

Spoiler

In Sumshchina, chupacabra again raids courtyards of villagers

This time the inhabitants of the village Aleksandrovka became victims of the creature.  They are sure that it is the chupacabra that sucks the brain in birds. Aleksandrovtsy claim that the animal that got into their yards was not a dog or a fox. One of the residents of the village, Olga Saenko, assures that she met the beast in her yard. "I see it goes so bare, thin, that's as long as my hand. Redhead and bald, and the tail is very long. The muzzle is so long, and the beard, ears jutting out," Olga described the strange beast. The pensioner has no doubt that it was the Chupacabra, because in all her life a woman has not seen such a nightmare. Even the dog was afraid of this creature. At first, the woman decided that she seemed to be frightened. But the creature had already visited them three times. It drank the water in their courtyard for half an hour, so they and the husband looked at the beast well, then scared them with pitchforks. "His legs are such that he walks like a rabbit, the back ones are longer than the front ones ... It jumps either a meter or maybe two forward," the woman assures. According to the descriptions, the animal was seen in three estates on the edge of the village. Tatyana Litvinova’s neighbors have strangled four hens. At the crime scene, people found the Chupacabra itself. “He sits in the hayloft and looks at me, we rather grabbed the pitchfork and ran after her, threw the brick, and she ran away in the gardens,” said Tatyana, an Alexandrovka resident.

4ypakabra.jpg

412408_image_large-284x211.jpg

787371.jpg

Edited by Coil

Another chupacabra like a dog and its victims:

Spoiler

699004_1460642.jpg?201606135115

699017.jpg?201809150623

699004_1460643.jpg?201606135115

1344103149_chu.jpg

4ba6a46cf9c091c66806fd49985f793d.jpg%D0%A7%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%

chupa61.jpg