Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral projection during sleep paralysis???

peachgrrl

Hi, I'm completely new to all of this and have no idea what's been happening to me as of late. I'm writing to see if anyone has any idea or clarification of what's going on.

I've been getting sleep paralysis for years, since I was a kid. Sometime last year, I woke up to the sound of a whistle in my ear. I'm overly afraid of ghosts and what not, so of course I googled this to see if it meant anything. I got a bunch of results telling me the different signs that someone is astral projecting, and I realized I had experienced some of them. There have been two times when I felt heavy vibration in my body during sleep paralysis and it kind of felt like someone was lifting up half of my body. Sleep paralysis has always been terrifying for me so I'm sure I fought off any type of accidental projection my body was trying to do. Is accidental astral projection even possible? 

I have read and heard tons of people say that they say "god" or "jesus" during sleep paralysis, and they wake up immediately. I have tried doing this several times, and it never works. If anything it makes me more afraid. Recently, I have started asking spirit/god to protect me from any evil when I wake up paralyzed. Every time I do this, I feel very hazy? It's a hard feeling to describe, but it feel like some sort of weird energy is attacking my body. It's very scary or sort of disorienting. 

I don't know if any of this means anything to anyone, but if you have any type of guidance, it will be greatly appreciated!

The heavy vibration is a seizure. Not a attempt at projecting. If it starts to feel like someone is punching you in the head you have real problems.

I started having them after my stroke during SP. You need to see a neurologist. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

The heavy vibration is a seizure. Not a attempt at projecting. If it starts to feel like someone is punching you in the head you have real problems.

.....I'm not having seizures, but thanks for your input. 

1 minute ago, peachgrrl said:

.....I'm not having seizures, but thanks for your input. 

How do you know? Did a doctor tell you this? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wiggle your toes or make a fist, that could help you break the paralysis.

You’re probably experiencing a hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucination. Hearing sounds is not uncommon.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/symptoms-of-sleep-paralysis-3014781

Some people with sleep paralysis describe tingling, numbness, or a vibrating sensation.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SecretSanta said:

Wiggle your toes or make a fist, that could help you break the paralysis.

You’re probably experiencing a hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucination. Hearing sounds is not uncommon.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/symptoms-of-sleep-paralysis-3014781

Some people with sleep paralysis describe tingling, numbness, or a vibrating sensation.”

I didn't know vibrating was related to sleep paralysis. That makes more sense than astral projection, for me. Thank you. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 1:08 AM, peachgrrl said:

I didn't know vibrating was related to sleep paralysis. That makes more sense than astral projection, for me. Thank you. 

The vibration definitely has to do with sleep paralysis. It also happens to be your sign that you are ready to astral project. The two go hand in hand. With just a little information from that stage you can get out of body, so to speak, very easily. 

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

The vibration definitely has to do with sleep paralysis. It also happens to be your sign that you are ready to astral project. The two go hand in hand. With just a little information from that stage you can get out of body, so to speak, very easily. 

I get sleep paralysis pretty often, sometimes even as I'm falling asleep. But I've only ever felt the vibrating a few times. Any idea why my body is trying to astral project or is this just a normal thing?? Is astral projection just easily accessible? 

28 minutes ago, peachgrrl said:

I get sleep paralysis pretty often, sometimes even as I'm falling asleep. But I've only ever felt the vibrating a few times. Any idea why my body is trying to astral project or is this just a normal thing?? Is astral projection just easily accessible? 

For those who get SP often yes, you are a natural at astral projection. Your biggest obstacle though, if you chose to try projection is overcoming your fear. I know that is easier said then done, but it must be.

• Like 1

Why you ask? I have no idea why some get this and others don't. From my POV you are just lucky, strange as that may sound.

If you ever want to take a trip down the rabbit hole just let me know. I can give you the how's, that part is easy. Well easy for you and folks like yourself anyway. Again the hard part for you, from what you have expressed in your OP, is overcoming your fear.

Oh lastly, if you just want to stop the paralysis, roll your eyes up into your head hard as you can. That will usually break the paralysis.

On 3/10/2019 at 7:01 AM, preacherman76 said:

Oh lastly, if you just want to stop the paralysis, roll your eyes up into your head hard as you can. That will usually break the paralysis.

wow, okay thank you so much for all the help! i'm very fearful of dark spirits in the astral world so i don't know if i'll ever go that far but i'll be sure to reach out if i do. 

3 minutes ago, peachgrrl said:

wow, okay thank you so much for all the help! i'm very fearful of dark spirits in the astral world so i don't know if i'll ever go that far but i'll be sure to reach out if i do. 

I stop in here most days. Feel free to hit me up. 

Understand though that what you have is a gift. It would be an honest shame to waste it because of fear. Good luck to you peachgrrl. 

• Like 1

"What Can I Do About Sleep Paralysis?

There's no need to fear nighttime demons or alien abductors. If you have occasional sleep paralysis, you can take steps at home to control this disorder. Start by making sure you get enough sleep. Do what you can to relieve stress in your life -- especially just before bedtime. Try new sleeping positions if you sleep on your back. And be sure to see your doctor if sleep paralysis routinely prevents you from getting a good night's sleep." - from webMD

It's sleep paralysis, just sleep paralysis. Do a google search. It is one of the few things that can happen to a person that mostly doesn't have some truly horrible underlying health conditions. It's strange and can be very disturbing. I had a few bouts with it, mostly due to over exhaustion. Stress in the real world will contribute. 

On 2/28/2019 at 4:11 PM, peachgrrl said:

Hi, I'm completely new to all of this and have no idea what's been happening to me as of late. I'm writing to see if anyone has any idea or clarification of what's going on.

I've been getting sleep paralysis for years, since I was a kid. Sometime last year, I woke up to the sound of a whistle in my ear. I'm overly afraid of ghosts and what not, so of course I googled this to see if it meant anything. I got a bunch of results telling me the different signs that someone is astral projecting, and I realized I had experienced some of them. There have been two times when I felt heavy vibration in my body during sleep paralysis and it kind of felt like someone was lifting up half of my body. Sleep paralysis has always been terrifying for me so I'm sure I fought off any type of accidental projection my body was trying to do. Is accidental astral projection even possible? 

I have read and heard tons of people say that they say "god" or "jesus" during sleep paralysis, and they wake up immediately. I have tried doing this several times, and it never works. If anything it makes me more afraid. Recently, I have started asking spirit/god to protect me from any evil when I wake up paralyzed. Every time I do this, I feel very hazy? It's a hard feeling to describe, but it feel like some sort of weird energy is attacking my body. It's very scary or sort of disorienting. 

I don't know if any of this means anything to anyone, but if you have any type of guidance, it will be greatly appreciated!

I totally forgot about these guides I made a few years ago to help all the people that come to this forum for this. I hope it helps. All the normal advice is good too, but for some people none of it works, so by taking control, you can change with the nature of the experience. Some people even look forward to it after gaining some mastery. 

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 4:44 PM, Piney said:

Incorrect. It’s a very normal stage as you transition between certain levels of consciousness. Lots of people experience it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, White Crane Feather said:

Incorrect. It’s a very normal stage as you transition between certain levels of consciousness. Lots of people experience it. 

Piney had some medical problems awhile back regarding sleep paralysis and seizures. So from his POV, I can understand his concern. 

How have you been brother? Hope all is well. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Piney had some medical problems awhile back regarding sleep paralysis and seizures. So from his POV, I can understand his concern. 

How have you been brother? Hope all is well. 

Aaaa well I can certainly understand that. I’m doing okay... it’s been like five months now that I closed the school and I’m very restless, but since I can’t stay still and I’m older, im creating all kinds of things the will come to fruit. Im writhing still, big on business and and other things related to PR and and economics. I have more to say here too, But I feel like I have said a lot over the years and it’s like repeating yourself. ( I know you know what I’m taking about.) pm me. 

Edited by White Crane Feather

On 01/03/2019 at 10:41 AM, peachgrrl said:

Most of these things are generated by your mind. It is difficult but not  possible to find a personal solution.to them.

As a young child I saw snakes filling my room every time the light was turned out.

i knew the y weren't real but i had to pull the covers over my head to stop them getting me. I decided id had enough and trained my mind not to see them. As a result I lost the abilty to see any thing in my mind, but it solved the snake problem.

Same with nightmares; if you can reach a point where you  know you are dreaming you can control and dismiss any monster  or fear. You can even use dreams to overcome other real fears

Your fears are in your mind and you are generating them YOU can stop them but it takes will and determination The first step is simply to understand  what they are and that you can control or eliminate them  eg sleep paralysis can be caused by fear of sleep, which began as a child with nightmares,  and the loss of control of your thoughts  which occurs when one falls asleep.

Learn to love and embrace your sleep time, and your dreams,  and the paralysis, should disappear

another tip As you try to fall asleep, try to concentrate on building something in your mind I construct a portal which takes me into the dream world.
For me now this is a placid pool of emerald green water surrounded by green lawn, then bamboos and willows which hide it from sight 

However you can use anything.

This gives your mind a conscious purpose and helps you transfer peacefully from  being awake to being asleep.

When i was badly affected by painkillers in hospital and had terrible nightmares as i fell asleep i constructed a hedge with a gate on one side.

It took a lot of mental effort  and discipline, but by walking to the correct side of the hedge, then going through the gate i could fall asleep without entering the nightmare part of my subconscious caused by the drugs   In other words i consciously built a barrier  to the nightmare and an easy access to  the  normal sleep  This fooled my mind and stopped the nightmares, where i was being killed in many horrible ways . :)     

Anxiety feeds on anxiety. You have to consciously break the cycle, without concentrating on what is making you anxious.  

While all the causes are not fully  known, and some may be genetic, anxiety trauma and srtess are contributors 

Youth seems to be a factor in the occurrence of sleep paralysis. According to the Mayo Clinic, this disorder is more likely to happen to people between the ages of 10 and 25. Sleep paralysis is also more prevalent in those with post-traumatic stress disorder and panic disorder, according to a 2017 report published by the National Institutes of Health.

According to a study in 2011 by Pennsylvania State University, 7.6 percent of the general population has problems with sleep paralysis. People with mental disorders such as anxiety and depression are more likely to experience sleep paralysis.

https://www.livescience.com/50876-sleep-paralysis.html

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

On 20/03/2019 at 2:38 PM, White Crane Feather said:

Aaaa well I can certainly understand that. I’m doing okay... it’s been like five months now that I closed the school and I’m very restless, but since I can’t stay still and I’m older, im creating all kinds of things the will come to fruit. Im writhing still, big on business and and other things related to PR and and economics. I have more to say here too, But I feel like I have said a lot over the years and it’s like repeating yourself. ( I know you know what I’m taking about.) pm me. 

Nice to see you here. Ive been wondering what you were up to, and thinking about you. 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 3:35 AM, Mr Walker said:

Nice to see you here. Ive been wondering what you were up to, and thinking about you. 

I was in southeeast Asia last year again. Air Asia flights are pretty cheap to Australia. I thought about visiting. 

• 3 weeks later...

The vibration you’re feeling is what happens right before you leave your body for astral projection. It’s happened to me many times, and while I’m getting pulled out of my body I feel the vibrations. It’s usually way too intense for me so I hate when it happens. And when it happens I hear a high pitch white noise type of thing.