Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apatheism: your opinion/facts?

ant0n

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Wait a sec! Are you telling me that The People didn't live in complete tranquility with nature and each other? That they didn't/don't have the secrets to life, the Universe, and Everything?????

If we were still allowed to follow Tribal Law I would be the one roasting Newage shaman on a spit while carving chunks off of them and throwing them to the camp dogs.

While they were still alive. :yes: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Douglas Adams wrote the book on that.

I have an autographed copy. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

If we were still allowed to follow Tribal Law I would be the one roasting Newage shaman on a spit while carving chunks off of them and throwing them to the camp dogs.

While they were still alive. :yes: 

no!! 

When I worked DEEP undercover for global world powers as an assassin:

I was told to eat the body- ya know, the ultimate way of getting rid of evidence.

After about 10 jobs I realized human flesh tastes much better when left a few days= just some friendly advice there;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

for me= no

Yeah, me neither. If someone says something dumb, or asks a dumb question it's better just to take it for what it is. Address it or ignore it. That is saying something out of 'ignorance', which is forgivable because they didn't know any better.

But if someone says something just to be 'ignorant', then... yeah, I might want to strangle them. :hmm:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

After about 10 jobs I realized human flesh tastes much better when left a few days= just some friendly advice there;)

I'm Algonquian. We don't imbibe.........Although my great grandpa was Mohawk so there could be some tendencies there.:unsure2:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

But if someone says something just to be 'ignorant', then... yeah, I might want to strangle them. :hmm:

i'd just laugh

13 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I have an autographed copy. ;)

YOU *****!

I mean that in the nicest way possible. :blush:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

When I worked DEEP undercover for global world powers as an assassin:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>BREATHE<

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

.>DEEP BREATH<

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry Dejarma, but if you aren't joking, I have lost all respect for you, or anything you say from here on out.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

i'd just laugh

I'm more of a "disgusted look, shakes head and walks away" type guy myself.

It doesn't work well here in the forums though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Sorry Dejarma, but if you aren't joking, 

no joke.... the reason no one can find lord lucan is because i ate him= actually i left him to fester for over a week! very nice with a curry source

• Haha 1

no joke.... the reason no one can find lord lucan is because i ate him= actually i left him to fester for over a week! very nice with a curry source

images.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

images.jpeg

yep all true= basically i used to eat people for a living... it paid well;)

8 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

You got it wrong. It's with "some fava beans and a nice chianti".

*shakes head*

Edit: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-secret-joke-hidden-in-silence-of-the-lambs-most-famous-line-10011561.html

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

yep all true= basically i used to eat people for a living... it paid well;)

I'm sorry, sometimes it's hard for me to tell when people are actually serious or joking.

Just consider me an idiot and tell me in 100% all seriousness whether you are serious about this or not. And if you're joking, don't come back saying it in a joking manner because I will legit take it seriously and not have a single clue. Again, just treat me like I'm an idiot and explain it to me.

Are you being serious right now, yes or no?...

Just now, Likely Guy said:

You got it wrong. It's with "some fava beans and a nice chianti".

*shakes head*

no.. no= have you ever eaten a human? much better with a curry source.. though i've lately started to use a nice sweat chilly source... helps to digest toe-nails because they're rather like sweat-corn= if you get my drift;)

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I'm sorry, sometimes it's hard for me to tell when people are actually serious or joking.

what?? are you honestly telling me you were not sure if i  were actually serious or joking== really?

what?? are you honestly telling me you were not sure if i  were actually serious or joking== really?

Buddy, there have been people on here who claim to have seen dragons, turn into alien lizard people, and even claim to be were-dolphins. Nothing surprises me here anymore.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I was going to give my opinions, but I couldn't be bothered. :( 

The religious are on one side, the atheists are on the other while the agnostics sit on the fence.

The apatheist is out somewhere else playing with his dog.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Buddy, there have been people on here who claim to have seen dragons, turn into alien lizard people, and even claim to be were-dolphins. Nothing surprises me here anymore.

yeah sure but you asked me if it's true== yeah it's true! now what?

my code name was cannonball, given to me by my highly intelligent bosses...

i didn't have the heart to point out their mistake

Edited by Dejarma

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Well, anyways... back on topic.

54 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Well, anyways... back on topic.

Sticking to the topic :) 

it it does seem to fit my dad and my siblings. 

They do not believe in any god/gods or higher power/powers and don’t discuss it with people. 

I think some do need that threat of a higher power ready to punish them if they do wrong, because it helps them try to be better people 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

You are conflating the term 'apatheist'. It only regards the belief or disbelief, in gods. An apatheist, really doesn't care, one way or the other.

It has nothing to do with how an apatheist feels about any other issue.

It's like saying "Oh, you are an atheist, you must believe in the Big Bang!" One has nothing to do with the other.

Ok so you think im conflating because i said they dont care... And then followed by saying the exact same thing. I think you are confusing yourself reading too much into what was a very basic statement.

3 hours ago, Aquila King said:

No, it means we don't care about any god(s)/goddess(es). Thus the theist in apa-theist.

i was referring to the opening statement. They dont care if it exists or not, and they dont care what you think about it. They are supposedly non-judgemental of opinions, as in they dont care.  

4 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

I've been summoned!

No. Apatheists vary by degree, as all people do. While an apatheist doesn't care about the debate of whether or not God exists, we can still very much care about our fellow human beings, including their belief systems.

While not religious I find religion to be a benefit to most people. Most religious people I know are kind and caring. It's the people that abuse religion I find offensive. Deep down inside I believe Muslims, Jehovah's Witnesses, Hindus, etc. to be decent people, as most people are. I guess maybe being an apatheist I have no concept of 'us' versus 'them'. We're a big stew, if you like, and the pot would be blander if something was taken out.

And has been said, if the existence of God were proven tomorrow, I wouldn't live life any different the day after. If this 'God person' chose to throw me into a lake of fire for my few transgressions, I'd be glad that I didn't waste my earthly time in worship.

I agree, i fall into this category as well... But cripes i understand that nobody got what i meant but everybody telling me no! And then claiming to be apatheist is pretty silly. The whole point is to reserve judgement, its a pragmatic trait, not one of assuming all types of notions in a simple statement. I get that it was too brief for anybody to grasp the avenues of the thought i was portaying but i assure you i wasnt inferring they dont care about being decent people or anything else that was insinuated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aquila King said:

What i missed all these ones :lol: were-dolphins?

• Like 4