Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apatheism: your opinion/facts?

ant0n

7 hours ago, Piney said:

That's the difference between a "Worker" and a "Believer". I was born into a "Worker" family. Taught since I was old enough to understand how to manipulate people's beliefs but not believe them myself. Native psychology.

All "Spirits" and "Gods" are nothing more than the personification of nature and human nature. I carved the Masks, portrayed one of the spirits and that of a shapeshifter. But I knew myself it was only a big "dog and pony puppet show" to keep the masses in line. Just mostly psychology. But I do believe in the spiritual energy in all things and have seen other members of my former Society create full on Tulpas (Thought Forms) that actually tore up a Medicine Lodge.  

Tulpas are no joke 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Simbi Laveau said:

Tulpas are no joke 

Tulpas!  LOL!  :P   :rofl:    :lol:    :w00t:    :tsu:

...........:unsure:.......:unsure2:.......:cry:.......:ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Simbi Laveau said:

Tulpas are no joke 

Thought Forms created out of Maanituu are really no joke and when you created one and use it as a Chiipai (Djab) you better know what your doing, be in full control and ready to extinguish it completely when your done. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Thought Forms created out of Maanituu are really no joke and when you created one and use it as a Chiipai (Djab) you better know what your doing, be in full control and ready to extinguish it completely when your done. 

Yep!  Like...in a crowded theater for instance...release the thought form of 'FIRE'.....chaos and the ensuing violence could actually result in said theater burning down!

Edited by joc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, joc said:

Yep!  Like...in a crowded theater for instance...release the thought form of 'FIRE'.....chaos and the ensuing violence could actually result in said theater burning down!

You would be surprised what one little mental seed would do to a superstitious mind. The Power of Suggestion and the Power of Intention are the only "tools" a good Shaman needs. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

You would be surprised what one little mental seed would do to a superstitious mind. The Power of Suggestion and the Power of Intention are the only "tools" a good Shaman needs. 

I was swimming once out in the Gulf of Mexico....way out from the shore line.  Way too far out....

I was never in danger of being attacked by sharks....but the mental seed I grew in my own mind created a situation in which drowning very well could have been a reality.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 6:09 AM, sci-nerd said:

I wish believers could see the world with my eyes for just 5 minutes, then the world would truly be saved. Saved from folly.

Not for me... I'm neither prophet nor messiah.

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Not for me... I'm neither prophet nor messiah.

Neither am I. What's your point?

On 03/03/2019 at 1:11 PM, Dejarma said:

no!! 

When I worked DEEP undercover for global world powers as an assassin:

I was told to eat the body- ya know, the ultimate way of getting rid of evidence.

After about 10 jobs I realized human flesh tastes much better when left a few days= just some friendly advice there;)

Have you read Roald Dahl's Lamb to the  Slaughter?

• Like 1

On 04/03/2019 at 4:39 AM, Aquila King said:

That's why I usually claim to be an Agnostic Apatheist. I don't know and I don't care.

Since the thread topic was mainly focusing on Apatheism though, I simply focused on that. I'm totally open to the idea that there might be a 'god' of some sort. I just have no clue. Nor do I see myself changing anything about my life if I did know.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Atheism is a religion (it's not). But I will say that many Atheists will often treat their own list of scientific theories that they use to justify their atheism (such as Materialism, Naturalism, etc.) as their own sort of "religion" so to speak.

They assert that they have the absolute truth, that all other views are wrong, and they actively pursue their own version of evangelism to persuade people to their side.

This doesn't in any way apply to all Atheists, just a certain brand of Atheist that many would call the 'militant' type.

That's in large part why I don't take the title of Atheist.

Perhaps ignostic is a better description. That is, you can't know.

I don't believe in Karma. It implies that you know why, at least some, things happen. 

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

Neither am I. What's your point?

See post 132.  Unlike you, I'd never claim I can save anyone in just five minutes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

See post 132.  Unlike you, I'd never claim I can save anyone in just five minutes. 

yeah, it might take 6 or 7 minutes depending on who it is...

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Perhaps ignostic is a better description. That is, you can't know. 

No, actually it isn't. 

I never said I think you can't know. I said I simply don't know and don't care. 

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I don't believe in Karma. It implies that you know why, at least some, things happen. 

Not sure how this is in any way related to my post you quoted, but whatever...

33 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

No, actually it isn't. 

I never said I think you can't know. I said I simply don't know and don't care. 

Not sure how this is in any way related to my post you quoted, but whatever...

Karma is, imo, the opposite of ignosticism.

31 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Karma is, imo, the opposite of ignosticism.

Whatever man. Neither concept is akin to my view.

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I don't believe in Karma

Why does it seem I have always known that.

Just now, GoldenWolf said:

Why does it seem I have always known that.

Probably, because you think you know everything.

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Probably, because you think you know everything.

No, it is the aura your personality gives off.

8 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

No, it is the aura your personality gives off.

Auras, huh?  

QED:rolleyes:

Edited by Golden Duck

More useless words.

For the believers, you have numerous different names you have created to depict your belief, but as a non believer i just need the 4 simple words which describe my stance

I do not believe.

You can not get much clearer than that.

I am not

An appy

An athy

An anthy

An agny

Or a igny.

Thankyou very much. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, freetoroam said:

More useless words.

For the believers, you have numerous different names you have created to depict your belief, but as a non believer i just need the 4 simple words which describe my stance

I do not believe.

You can not get much clearer than that.

I am not

An appy

An athy

An anthy

An agny

Or a igny.

Thankyou very much. 

12km5w.jpg

• Haha 1

On 03/03/2019 at 12:07 PM, Dejarma said:

a god or whatever appearing to me= this has never happened in the 60 years of existing on this planet-- why is that do you think?

You've just been incredibly unlucky, I guess. :) 

On 03/03/2019 at 12:39 PM, Aquila King said:

Usually it only comes up for me in realation to religious folks trying to use their religion for nefarious purposes.

When the religious start poking their nose in the affairs of others, that's when I care.

Anyone who cares about others inevitably pokes their nose in.

Would you truly  rather, that no one cared about you enough to try and help you,     or  about anyone but themselves. 

On 03/03/2019 at 7:37 PM, danydandan said:

Good God Piney,!!!

Its ok All ethics and moralities are cultural rather than absolute. Piney's quite safe to pat  :)