Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

we will overcome, yet never forget

Homer

September 11, 2001 terrorism struck the United States. Four airliners were hijacked that morning. One plane smashed into one of the World Trade Center buildings at 8:45am, 15 minuted later one of the other planes smashed into the other World Trade Center building. Shortly after that another plane smashed into a section of the Pentagon. Thousands of people have died. Only the fourth plane didn't reach it's destination.

The passengers on board, those brave heroes who sacrificed their own lives to save hundreds, perhaps thousands of more lives, wouldn't let that happen. After the terrorists on board that aircraft killed the crew members, it was those courageous passengers who overpowered their captors, forcing the plane to crash in such a location that only the people on board would die.

What was terrorism thinking? That after such a devasting attack America would be crushed, paralized, and scared to do anything about it, for fear of further attacks on our own soil? And that America would be in chaos, our American friends and family paranoid and our country divided? If that was what they were thinking, they thought wrong. America is united and stronger than ever. Or perhaps they are thinking that this was just the first phase of a protracted war on our homeland, and we should live in fear for years to come. They are wrong in that thinking as well.

Terrorists do not understand America. The world knows that America is the strongest, richest and most envious nation in the world. Now terrorists know, along with the rest of the world, that the Americans are the proudest in the world, too.  That knowledge has come too late for terrorism, for the United States, with the full support of our almost 300 million citizens, will take this war to them.

Japan woke up a sleeping giant in 1941, and that sleeping giant, with the help of our allies, went on to defeat Japan along with all of Japan's allies. The sleeping giant has awoken again, and again the world is on our side, and again we will defeat the enemy by bringing the war to them, wherever they are, anywhere in the world.

September 11, 2001 and the horrific bloodshed that occured that day will never be forgotten. And when this war on terrorism is over, America will still be standing tall and standing proud. I understand that this war could go on for years, but America's resolve and perseverance are known throughout the world and our strength, along with our allies around the world that will fight with us, will put fear in any nation that has previously harbored terrorists.

This could have happened to any country, and still could. I pray the world will stay united to crush the parasites that continue to plague our homelands.

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reese92

• Homer

• odinsupreme

• Jamie

Man, your post is ok, but some pieces of it SUCK! You said:

The world knows that America is the strongest, richest and most envious nation in the world.

That is why people hate america (not me by the way) but I don't like those words either. All Americans, well al lot of them are always syaing thatnthey are the best, the biggest, well that is america they think that they are so good! >:( >:( It is awfull what happend, I agree, but why do you always have to say that the USA is the best? The first Americans were all poor people that had nothing, they made the USA on the shoulders of millions of slaves and indians! Ever thought of that?

Odin Supreme  8)

Odin,

I never said, nor even implied that America was the best. Those are your words. What I said America is the strongest, richest and most envious nation in the world. You should know that since you just quoted it yourself.

My statement is a fact and I stand by it. Nobody who contemplates this can argue that fact. Sure there will be those who will argue about it anyways, but that's only because they enjoy to argue.

Simply put, no other country has the freedom, opportunity, space, and different climates that America has to offer. No offense is meant to any other nation, but facts are facts Odin.

Besides, I think when our first President led a ragtag army to defeat the worlds greatest power, that said something about American resolve and tenacity. That's not to downplay any slave involvement, as you brought up, but slavery was practiced throughout the world, and even to this day is practiced throughout much of the world.

Odin, the true meaning of my post was an outlet of the pain I felt(and still feeling) from this tragedy. Please take no offense, and understand the facts I just posted.

Odin,

I see what you are saying with that, and believe me not everyone thinks that way.  Every nation and all different kinds of people have their own greatness.  

I find little comfort in war, and what it 'proves' to others'.

Reese  :-*

Let's all just step back and think about this.

Homer, what makes a country 'rich' and powerful might be things that you like, but not for another.  What Odin, percieves as his 'perfect' place to live, might be something totally different.  What you said Homer, are YOUR facts.  And, you are entitled to the way you feel.  But, I have to admit that I don't see us as the 'greatest' nation.  I love America, but honestly, when our country pays it's actors, and sports stars more than they pay the teachers and fire fighters and true hero's then I see a problem.  We may be rich and powerful, but all that comes with a price.  We have hurt alot of people to get where we are at, and that should be something that ALL people remember for a very long time.  I won't ever forget, and I certainly won't let ego form an untrue opinion of what is really happening.

Teresa,

I understand what you are saying, and I agree with your general line of thought. However, this is a capitalist country, and like all capitalist countries, teachers and firefighters wont make as much as actors and the like. It's called supply and demand. You are one of the reasons why actors get paid so much.

But again, my words are getting twisted by those who simply enjoy to argue. I never mentioned a perfect or greatest country, as you seem to imply that I have.

As I stated before, only those who enjoy to argue(even an arguement they can't win) would argue this, for it is fact.

You did say that, fourth paragragh.  I am not trying to argue, simply voice my opinion, if you are allowed, am I not? And, when there is an argument based on opinion instead of fact, how can anybody either win or lose?

If you didn't mean it like we are percieving it, then explain to me, how you meant that paragraph, please.

What is fact?  You said in your last sentence to me, that it is fact.  

Everyone in the world knows that this is the greatest, richest country.  That is the fact?  That is not a fact, that is an opinion.  It might be the overwhelming opinion, but it doesn't make it fact.  Someone's paradise might be living in a huge city, and someone else's paradise might be living in a forrest surrounded by nothing but silence.  So, ofcourse the perception of what makes a country the best can differ from person to person, nation to nation.

Teresa,

Perhaps you should re-read the entire thread, for you are looking silly trying to prove your point. As I stated previously, I did not say America is the greatest, best, perfect country, as you said I said.

The fourth paragraph needs no further explaining. Please read it again, and try to understand the facts.

Just explain it then, if you don't mean it like it is being read, then try to reword it.  I am not looking silly, no more than you. I am voicing my opinion, and if that threatens you somehow, I am sorry.  Just because someone doesn't believe what you believe, that makes them silly?  Get the chip off of your shoulder, Adam, and quit forcing your views upon other people.  If what you say is fact, then let it be, don't get angry because someone questions what you are writing. If you don't want the critisim, then don't write what YOU feel publicly.

Teresa,

Your very funny ;D  chip on shoulder, forcing my views, angry...your hilarious ;D

But seriously, since you are the ONLY one in confusion, and the post should seem obvious to those with understanding, I will leave it as is, with no further explaining.

Again, attaching yourself to EVERYBODY..  That is very good. But, once again I just have to say, when two people are discussing something, which seems to be what we are doing, no one else has written with us today, on these subjects.  Then why wouldn't I be the only one in CONFUSION?  I mean you are hell bent that you are right, and then that of course leaves me to be the one in confusion.  If you mean out of all the people on this board, then you can't know that until you have gotten some responses to what has been written.  Just try to relax, and let people think what they want.  I might not always say the most popular thing, and at any time, everyone on this board can give me a spanking, but that is for them to judge, not you.  If they disagree, they will let me know.  No one on this board has a problem with letting me have it.  Everyone has a voice and an opinion, no one person has to be the voice for everyone.  Not even you.

Teresa,

You mean I don't have the voice of this board? Thank you for letting us all know that. You need to practice what you preach. Everyone here believes what they want and can post what they want. That is what I did, and you bit my head off. Not because I'm wrong, but because you enjoy to argue. Calm down Teresa, and don't get so angry just because you don't agree with someone.

Again, attaching yourself to someone else? (this time me)  Don't try to use what I say to your benefit. Find your own words, and use them.  I am not angry, and I am sorry that you 'percieve' me to be.

I wasn't talking about that.

'Attaching' is a selling method.  

A very effective one.  It can also happen when stating the way someone feels.  You try to 'attach' whatever is in question, with the strongest or most popular view.  You 'attached' yourself, by feeding the ego of others', that they would somehow agree with you, because to not, they would be 'confused' like me.  

That is 'attaching'.  Nothing physical.

Teresa,

Confused and funny, I like that. So if anyone has any further questions or problems about life, ask doctor Teresa. You see how silly you look ;D

I don't really see what was so funny or silly about what I have said.  Sorry that you are so threatened by me..

Like I really want to attach myself to you  

Whatever Teresa

Now, that was pretty silly.

Teresa,

If you have a disagreement about something on my original post, you have yet to say what it is. Instead, you have mentioned a false statement you claim I made then repeated it by stating where I mentioned that "statement". You are wrong on both parts. I have never mentioned the statements you claim I have, and if you've read what I wrote, then you would know that.

If you have a disagreement on a statement(on my original thread) that I ACTUALLY stated, then perhaps we can discuss it. If not, why are you grasping at straws, trying to hang on to something that isn't there?

I asked you to explain with further detail what you meant in paragragh four.  Instead of doing that, you got insulted that I did not agree. If you want to cut the crap, then just re- word it, or just try to explain it alittle better.  That is all.  In paragragh four, you say that everyone knows this is the greatest, richest nation.  By what views do you base this opinion?  I view greatness on a different level than you, so how can you say that this is the greatest nation, and everyone in the world knows it, if everyone else has their own opinion of what makes something 'great'?  

Teresa,

That's three times you put words in my mouth, and three times you have gotten it wrong. Perhaps it's because it's the SAME word. I never mentioned greatest, those are your words, not mine. How can I explain something to you in greater detail when you have exteme difficulty figuring out the words that I wrote?

Terrorists do not understand America. The world knows that America is the strongest, richest and most envious nation in the world. Now terrorists know, along with the rest of the world, that the Americans are the proudest in the world, too.  That knowledge has come too late for terrorism, for the United States, with the full support of our almost 300 million citizens, will take this war to them.

The above is your fourth paragragh, since you have been hesitant to copy and paste it.  Now, the second sentence, that is what I have a problem with.  You say you didn't say that, so how did it end up in your post?  And, what are we envious of?

I think you are trying too hard to make me look bad, and it only further discredits all the very valid points you may have.  

Teresa,

I don't have to do anything to make you look bad, you do a hell of a job on your own ;D

The fourth paragraph doesn't have the word greatest in it, furthermore it never ended up in my post. You never mentioned envious before, but since we are finally on the subject now. First of all the U.S. is unquestionably the strongest militarily(which is my meaning of "strongest"); second, the U.S. is unquestionably the richest, not per capita, but the richest none the less; third, the U.S. is arguably the most envious. I say arguably due to the fact that there are plenty of people world wide that dont feel this way. When I stated "The world knows", it wasn't meant to imply that everyone in the world agrees with this. However, America is the envy of the world due to our strength, wealth, opportunity and space. No other country in the whole world can offer all of these things, and everyone in the world knows this. I hope I cleared this up for you.