Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who or what do you see before you die ?

UM-Bot

The same apply with some other psychotropic substance, livid hallucination. Our brain just try to diminish the fear. Sad that it end with nothing else than a dim light in the universe. Puny human.

Would be interesting to know if people with Alzheimer disease remember what they forgot when they die, would be warm to the heart. 

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 2

I kinda of believe, my hubby was seeing people around him at a awake, before he died. I kept saying to him maybe they are angels .:)  

• Like 3

On 03.03.2019 at 5:22 PM, Jon the frog said:

The same apply with some other psychotropic substance, livid hallucination. Our brain just try to diminish the fear. Sad that it end with nothing else than a dim light in the universe. Puny human.

Would be interesting to know if people with Alzheimer disease remember what they forgot when they die, would be warm to the heart. 

I think that a person falls into a kind of oblivion at first when life goes out and then he leaves the body that served him life and is no longer able to work for him. Anyone who knows what life after death firmly does not make of this tragedy. This is a logical liberation from the terminated mechanism.Since man is immortal just like God, he always lives in the universe or outside it.

• Like 1

My uncle saw the front of a bus just before he died.      ....

(sorry,.  couldn't resist)    :o)

• Haha 4

These are not hallucinations. There are healthy ppl coming from accidents describing similar experiences. In their case we cant say the brain has consciously produced such images.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

These are not hallucinations. There are healthy ppl coming from accidents describing similar experiences. In their case we cant say the brain has consciously produced such images.

If your body has undergone so much trauma that it almost dies, I don't know that you can really declare someone "healthy and in sound mind." The brain does all kinds of weird stuff during trauma.

• Thanks 1

I had terrible car accident about seven years ago. During the ambulance ride to hospital I reportedly died twice. After arriving at the hospital I was induced into a coma for twelve days.

All I recall from my near death experience is pain and blood. I do have several strange and difficult to reconcile memories from during my coma, however I am mostly convinced they were just created by my brain to fill the unusually long gap.

I certainly don't think my anecdote is worth anymore than anyone else. But it was a fairly major event in my life.

I have always been a fairly apathetic kind of atheist so perhaps my brain was just giving m what I was expecting. Nothingness.

I would be curious to know how many people who have seen St Nick and JC or fire and brimstone have done so after expecting to do so either in their formative years or later in life.

Do devout Hindus see what they have been led to expect?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AtlantisRises said:

I had terrible car accident about seven years ago. During the ambulance ride to hospital I reportedly died twice. After arriving at the hospital I was induced into a coma for twelve days.

All I recall from my near death experience is pain and blood. I do have several strange and difficult to reconcile memories from during my coma, however I am mostly convinced they were just created by my brain to fill the unusually long gap.

I certainly don't think my anecdote is worth anymore than anyone else. But it was a fairly major event in my life.

I have always been a fairly apathetic kind of atheist so perhaps my brain was just giving m what I was expecting. Nothingness.

I would be curious to know how many people who have seen St Nick and JC or fire and brimstone have done so after expecting to do so either in their formative years or later in life.

Do devout Hindus see what they have been led to expect?

That is very interesting and somewhat aligned to my observations and projections about what's after death. I believe that good ppl. living a positive life or thinking positively can project an imaginary fabrication like world, a mirage outside space and time in which they can live forever while the negative and bad ppl. can project a nightmare in which they could end up being tormented an eternity. 

Heaven and hell in other words can be in our mind. There are others like you in between for which the Bible simple describes them to be forever death with no heavens or hell.

Edited by qxcontinuum

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

The Borg Queen....

Assimilation is fun