Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost' filmed on eerie woodland path in Essex

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to 'Ghost' filmed on eerie woodland path in Essex

Yeah that doesn't look like it is manipulated in any way shape or form.... /s

It looks as though they are filming through a pane of glass at the very beginning. Likely someone behind the camera reflecting off the glass in front, pretending to be a "ghost". 

Edited by esoteric_toad
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Obviously that is a cloaked Grey. :rolleyes:

With a Emo haircut. :yes:

No doubt. Completely bogus.....

• Like 3

Moisture on the lens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

Yeah that doesn't look like it is manipulated in any way shape or form.... /s

It looks as though they are filming through a pane of glass at the very beginning. Likely someone behind the camera reflecting off the glass in front, pretending to be a "ghost". 

It does look like that, there appear to be reflections at the bottom - not to mention, why are they filming that spot in that way in the first place? Sure got lucky to have a ghost show up in frame while out filming nothing. Almost as if they expected it to show up right then and there...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, moonman said:

It does look like that, there appear to be reflections at the bottom - not to mention, why are they filming that spot in that way in the first place? Sure got lucky to have a ghost show up in frame while out filming nothing. Almost as if they expected it to show up right then and there...

The article says the video was taken by a  man investigating this alleged ghost case. So I would think we are just being shown the interesting part of a lot more video.

Papameter ,,,,,,,,,,62% Paranormal

Notes: Chances increased by claims of repeated sightings.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 2

The ability to detect motion is key to survival from predators and we possess that ability through a specialized retinal cell. When the investigator discovers perceived motion at a later time when reviewing video, I always question why the investigator did not initially perceive this when/where it was supposed to have occurred especially so because there is also the expectation of being hyper-vigilant.

• Like 2

Actually the more I watch it, the more it just looks like a random plume of rising fog with no real shape. What I thought were reflections could just be other fog.

Edited by moonman

I'm with moonman. I was raised in a2wet marchy place and in the morning a thick fog will develop right on the surface of the water.  The least bit of breeze will make it sort of tear and then pieces will drift up creating a VERY solid looking drifting mist that can look a lot like almost anything just like clouds do. It can be very unsettling until you get used to it and even then sometimes it can startle you.  I liked to fish in the early morning hours is why I was there to see it so often. As soon as the sun finishes rising it just fades out.

• Like 3

It looks like it's fake

• Like 2

Just looks like mist in a breeze mixed with pareidolia to me...Cool location, though. I'd hike there.

If the guy instantly got brown pants and ran like hell i would say maybe, if found after reviewing a tape it's just fog or a frog fart.

• Like 1

Peppers ghost effect

• Like 1

I'm actually originally from a village just outside of Stansted Mountfichet. There is something odd about the way the individual is filming... maybe I should go ghost hunting with Robert Wakefield and promote the use of a tripod? 

• Like 2

If this is judged as fake... are there ANY ghost videos that appears REAL?

It seems to me that overwhelmingly majority on this site don't believe much in ghosts, but one reason I come to this site is the fact I keep a very OPEN mind about the existence of ghosts, so I am asking are there anything you guys believe MORE than this footage?

Edited by DragonFire22

5 mins I won't get back...  eeurgh.

10 hours ago, DragonFire22 said:

It seems to me that overwhelmingly majority on this site don't believe much in ghosts, but one reason I come to this site is the fact I keep a very OPEN mind about the existence of ghosts, so I am asking are there anything you guys believe MORE than this footage?

I can't think of a single video that wasn't either an obvious fake or easily explained. Still looking for that single good video 

Edited by moonman

11 hours ago, DragonFire22 said:

I keep coming to this site because i too have a very open mind i want to see proof i just never get said Proof, i like that others here feel as i do...show me the body.

Ghosts are tricky, not like bigfoot or ufo pix and videos which all of those suck too,

While i do not believe in ghosts or spirits as conscience or any kind of entity, if they do exist i would jump that by nature they couldn't be photographed, not even by chance,  perhaps if someday we can photograph a dream then we will be able to capture pics of ghosts too, as both resign in the minds of the believers.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, the13bats said:

While i do not believe in ghosts or spirits as conscience or any kind of entity, if they do exist i would jump that by nature they couldn't be photographed, not even by chance,  

I also suspect spirits themselves can not be photographed HOWEVER I believe temporary materializations and semi-materializations can be observed through our material senses. The ghost suggested in this thread may have some beyond the normal psychological draw still to the physical plane and can use physical energy to still be slightly apparent temporarily. Again, we may not be seeing the spirit but actually the temporary semi-materialization of a spirit.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

I think the question should be, why did they have the camera out recording at that particular time?  It was pretty creepy footage though.

• Thanks 1