Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

'Ghost' filmed on eerie woodland path in Essex

52 posts in this topic

the13bats
Posted (edited)

George as long as all we have are mists. Smoke, orbs, and all the other things true belivers say are proof of ghosts that actually can are all explained in down to earth prosaic terms i will remain where i stand on it.

Edited by the13bats

papageorge1
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

George as long as all we have are mists. Smoke, orbs, and all the other things true belivers say are proof of ghosts that actually can are all explained in down to earth prosaic terms i will remain where i stand on it.

Well many ghost sightings are materialized far beyond mists into looking solid with details. 

Habitat
12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well many ghost sightings are materialized far beyond mists into looking solid with details. 

This is true, clothing, hairstyles, etc. And luminous. Such has been reported to me by another, but not solid , the ghost disappeared through a solid timber wall.

DragonFire22
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, moonman said:

I can't think of a single video that wasn't either an obvious fake or easily explained. Still looking for that single good video 

How can you ALL be SURE what's faked and what isn't though, in this day and age?

I keep reading a lot of these ghosts videos are fake, but what I didn't hear is WHY people think are fake with a DETAILED EXPLANATION disproving these as ghost videos.

I mean, Hollywood movie-wise we are very GOOD with CGI now days, so anything can be faked like when you go see Alita Battle Angel, Star Wars, Avengers, etc you can hardly tell what's real people and what isn't... EVERYTHING looks seamlessly real but they are actually CGI... see where I am coming from?

But that does it mean if these ghost videos are in FACT real, you guys have perhaps misjudged it to be fake (SINCE it's so hard to tell apart nowadays)?

Again, I come to this site cuz I really have a very OPEN mind! I am definitely not the denier who thinks ghosts, monsters, UFOs, aliens most likely doesn't exist and still come to this site. I WANT to believe, like Mulder.

So, what makes this video definitely fake? DETAILED EXPLANATION, PLEASE!

Edited by DragonFire22

Farmer77
29 minutes ago, DragonFire22 said:

Im not a skeptic nor am I a video expert but this video is simply too good to be true IMO. The perfect creepy conditions on the perfect creepy trail and a "ghost" that looks a helluva lot like what you can get in an app just happened to show up? It just smells like a fake to me.

• Like 1

moonman
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DragonFire22 said:

How can you ALL be SURE what's faked and what isn't though, in this day and age?

I keep reading a lot of these ghosts videos are fake, but what I didn't hear is WHY people think are fake with a DETAILED EXPLANATION disproving these as ghost videos.

I mean, Hollywood movie-wise we are very GOOD with CGI now days, so anything can be faked like when you go see Alita Battle Angel, Star Wars, Avengers, etc you can hardly tell what's real people and what isn't... EVERYTHING looks seamlessly real but they are actually CGI... see where I am coming from?

But that does it mean if these ghost videos are in FACT real, you guys have perhaps misjudged it to be fake (SINCE it's so hard to tell apart nowadays)?

Again, I come to this site cuz I really have a very OPEN mind! I am definitely not the denier who thinks ghosts, monsters, UFOs, aliens most likely doesn't exist and still come to this site. I WANT to believe, like Mulder.

Because of the intense foggy conditions and how it looks. If it looks like fog and acts like fog...the simplest explanations are always the best.

It's not actually human shaped, it's just a long tendril of shifting mist. I don't think it's faked, just misidentified. Add a creepy story about the site and what would likely be ignored becomes a "ghost".

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

the13bats

Demanding Proof ghost videos are fake, well prove they are real, the burden isnt on me, read the full thread all kinds of more plasable explanations are given and none will wash with a true believer, you see examples of that when i mention orbs and mists etc and a true believer drags out human form ghosts because i included them under "etc" i didnt overlook them, dont sell me short.

No, i certainly do not buy that if ghosts existed as entities that they would appear as a scene from Disney's haunted mansion,

Movie special effects and how good they look, yet how do we still know which is effect and which isnt? Mostly our senses or common sense,  for me same applies to alleged ghost videos i go in open minded but not so open common sense pours out,

And btw, mulder kept his objectivity, like he said "i want to believe, trust no one, the truth is out there"

Even when the truth isnt what the true believer hoped for.

• Like 1

esoteric_toad

The problem with ghosts, crpyto, alien and virtually all other 'paranormal' videos is that if it can be attributed to anything mundane then that MUST be considered first and most likely.

Unless it is from a position of belief ghosts and the gaggle of other supernatural/paranormal/unexplained haven't been proven to exist beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Something 'strange' on video shouldn't be classified as anything until everything else has been ruled out. The same goes for all evidence and claims. 

That is if anything is going to ever be considered seriously. 

• Like 1

the13bats

To me in my thinking some criteria is laid out perhaps not cut in stone but a genera idea, 

Bigfoot is a bi pedial hominid so its easy,  ufos are mostly "flying saucers" ideas they vary some what, so they are harder but alleged ghost videos are all over place zero continuity, orbs, mists, specks, flashes, etc, a long list, in fact seems anything odd in a picture some true believer will claim is a ghost and is adamant thats all it can be,

So for me its at the moment a waste of time unless im just bored or procrastinating.

Jr 1

Could be natural water vapour rising up from the stream.

zygote_myles

Hmm. Interesting. :mellow:

ChrLzs
On 3/6/2019 at 12:58 AM, moonman said:

why are they filming that spot in that way in the first place? Sure got lucky to have a ghost show up in frame while out filming nothing. Almost as if they expected it to show up right then and there...

THIS.

Wannabe believers, did you really not ask yourself why the person was filming in that way before the 'figure' appeared?  If you still think this looks legit, you really are the intended audience for the paranormal scammers, of which there are quite a few..  This is certainly a deliberately induced reflection as explained above, or a CGI creation using a program like After Effects.

And it's this sort of obviously faked rubbish that soils the whole paranormal topic, such that many of us no longer take any sighting or report seriously.

• Like 2

Manwon Lender
On 3/5/2019 at 8:25 PM, UM-Bot said:

A faint human-like form has been captured on film in woodland near the village of Stansted Mountfitchet.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/326037/ghost-filmed-on-eerie-woodland-path-in-essex

I like it, it's what a ghost should look like. It's creepy, see through, and does look like the outline of a person. But I beleive in some manner the image has been manipulated, I don't think it's a real ghost.

• Like 1

Matt221

must be somthing about that area cause about 10 miles away from there as the crow flys is a place I used to fish for carp it's Gosfield place there's a cold pocket of mist that appears from the ground I never saw it but then again I wasn't looking for it

• Like 1

karkev

I keep seeing Jack Skellington's body movements when I look at the ghost on the path.

• Like 1

the13bats
On 10/5/2019 at 2:02 PM, Matt221 said:

must be somthing about that area cause about 10 miles away from there as the crow flys is a place I used to fish for carp it's Gosfield place there's a cold pocket of mist that appears from the ground I never saw it but then again I wasn't looking for it

I have no idea what the cause and I doubt paranormal but here in Florida all my life I have experenced "cold pockets" i would be out in wee hours for a trike ride in the country and would drive through patches that the temp seemed perhaps in some cases 5 to 10 degrees cooler, some patches are larger and some just a snap your fingers as you ride through them, and not common some do have mist or fog,

Oddly i do not recall a heat pocket.

• Like 1

Patient Zero

Thinking about all these videos, it's not the skeptics that have ruined the belief in the paranormal, it's the hoaxers that are at fault.

These losers that want attention, likes and hits on their FB page and YT videos have only served to reinforce the stance of the skeptical.

• Thanks 1

Dejarma
On 3/5/2019 at 11:35 AM, esoteric_toad said:

Yeah that doesn't look like it is manipulated in any way shape or form

it's real! you need to open your mind

XenoFish
22 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

Thinking about all these videos, it's not the skeptics that have ruined the belief in the paranormal, it's the hoaxers that are at fault

I'm stealing this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dejarma
26 minutes ago, Patient Zero said:

Thinking about all these videos, it's not the skeptics that have ruined the belief in the paranormal

I like that.. Though I feel one should give a little credit to those silly skeptics when they use logic, rational thinking, basic common sense & at times feel the need to point out the bleeding obvious when discussing the paranormal.
We can't have too much of that, can we- perish the thought 

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 2

the13bats
On 10/18/2019 at 6:31 PM, Patient Zero said:

Thinking about all these videos, it's not the skeptics that have ruined the belief in the paranormal, it's the hoaxers that are at fault.

These losers that want attention, likes and hits on their FB page and YT videos have only served to reinforce the stance of the skeptical.

So where do illusionist fall in, copperfield for example makes a living putting one over on people this makes him evil?

If i toss a hoax out there its not my fault someone is gullible enough to fall for it,

Lots of hoaxes are posted on here and lots of true believers buy it hook line and sinker, no matter how much proof its a hoax is presented   i dont see anyone much attacking the hoaxer, is that going to be the new trend?

Perhaps the lack of evidence and proof didnt ruin paranormal but hasn't helped it either.

Edited by the13bats

ChrLzs

Hoaxes are useful in their own way.

They teach people about their own gullibility.

They teach people that people like to hoax, often for no apparent reason.

They teach people (once busted and exposed) the techniques by which events and claims *should* be researched.

• Thanks 1

Free99

Creepy

ThereWeAreThen

I wonder...if they didn't mention the ghost at all and just played the video...would people see the alleged ghost at all?

• Like 1

the13bats
4 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I wonder...if they didn't mention the ghost at all and just played the video...would people see the alleged ghost at all?

When clickbait of ghosts bigfoot whatever has to point it out with lines, arrows, circles what have you what they want you to see then i dont rate it high, not that i rare clickbait high to start with.

• Like 1