Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No link between autism and MMR vaccine found

Imaginarynumber1

This will be helpful to a lot of concerned (but rational) parents in the future,
but when it comes to busting the myth and convincing the conspiracy nuts, if will hardly make a dent, unfortunately...

• Like 5

They're part of the conspiracy.

• Like 1

not really helping at all, mmr 1st dose is injected at 12mo. 

at 2, 4, 6mo 6, 6, 5 different vaccines injected at the same time basically, those are most concerning, not 1 vax at 12 mo, even if every shot on their own are harmless, who is to say 6 together are not? mixing meds does not always end up good at any age.

here is a vax schedule for anyone who cares to see big pic  ,https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html

keep in mind i'm no antivaxer, but i do not blindly believe what pharma tells me either. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

This will be helpful to a lot of concerned (but rational) parents in the future,
but when it comes to busting the myth and convincing the conspiracy nuts, if will hardly make a dent, unfortunately...

As further posts show...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

not really helping at all, mmr 1st dose is injected at 12mo. 

at 2, 4, 6mo 6, 6, 5 different vaccines injected at the same time basically, those are most concerning, not 1 vax at 12 mo, even if every shot on their own are harmless, who is to say 6 together are not? mixing meds does not always end up good at any age.

here is a vax schedule for anyone who cares to see big pic  ,https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html

keep in mind i'm no antivaxer, but i do not blindly believe what pharma tells me either. 

I agree with what you say; I don't believe the debate is as simple as 'MMR causes autism' vs 'MMR does not cause autism'. Looking at the vaccination schedule in your link (for birth to 15 mths), it seems impossible to separate out what combination of vaccines could have an adverse effect on an individual child, given other negative factors that may be in their life at any moment.

I was about to start a thread on this, but now I don't have to.

However I will contribute a few links to this new study:

https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2727726/measles-mumps-rubella-vaccination-autism-nationwide-cohort-study

https://en.ssi.dk/news/news/2019/no-association-between-mmr-vaccine-and-autism

I have a few questions for those who believe vaccinations may cause autism:

- Does a study like this in any way shape your opinion on this ? 

- If no, what would concievably change your mind ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I agree with what you say; I don't believe the debate is as simple as 'MMR causes autism' vs 'MMR does not cause autism'. Looking at the vaccination schedule in your link (for birth to 15 mths), it seems impossible to separate out what combination of vaccines could have an adverse effect on an individual child, given other negative factors that may be in their life at any moment.

The ENTIRE reason this anti vax **** started is becuase Wakefield faked a study that said MMR caused autism so he could sell scared parents "diagnostic kits" to test for the medical condition he invented, autistic enterocolitis. 

Basically, you dont trust vaccines because some con man wanted to make money.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

They're part of the conspiracy.

My grand father worked for Statens Serum institut for 42 years. I suppose in some peoples mind he was part of the conspiracy.  :no:

• Thanks 1

there is no conspiracy really,  shots work, but in some kids, some shots, and mixes of them cause adverse effects, including but not limited to autism.  we have no clue what and how, and this is no conspiracy either,

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

there is no conspiracy really,  shots work, but in some kids, some shots, and mixes of them cause adverse effects, including but not limited to autism.  we have no clue what and how, and this is no conspiracy either,

They absolutely do not cause autism in any way shape or form. This has been proven experimentally time and time again.

This article explains it better than I can

http://www.howdovaccinescauseautism.com/fbclid=IwAR3iaXVqwy5dpziB5hNQMz48FgQWM6tF9OXk_3S2Qi8d6WyTM62I-e-OjX4

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, aztek said:

Autism is a symptom. Not a condition and whatever causes it happens before birth. It's somethings aggravated by a head trauma. But it was always there. Most times it's a symptom of a chromosomal or genetic disorder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

Autism is a symptom. Not a condition and whatever causes it happens before birth. It's somethings aggravated by a head trauma. But it was always there. Most times it's a symptom of a chromosomal or genetic disorder.

The only side effect that i have heard of that may have been caused by swine flu vaccine was narcolepsy. Oink oink zzzzZzzZZZZ

Antivaxxers and conspiracy freaks will still claim MMR or some other vaccination causes Autism. 

We do not know what causes Autism, however we do know that it’s not the MMR vaccination. 

Yes the vaccine shedule has increased over the years, however that is because more vaccinations have been created. 

My child will be getting vaccinations done when due, I also had the TDaP shot done to protect my child until she can get vaccinated at 6 weeks old. 

I had had a reaction to the MMR shot as a child, however it was only mild and also had normal side effects after it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, aztek said:

You are absolutely incorrect. Multitude of studies have shown otherwise.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How in the hell can people still be so damn uneducated and gullible in this day and age?

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

How in the hell can people still be so damn uneducated and gullible in this day and age?

Retardation? 

It's about trust, and some people just don't trust science. The worse thing about this movement we know who started it, and that he lied in studies. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Willfully, I believe it takes some effort.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simbi Laveau said:

Nahhh. It just kills and maims. 

Stupidity kills more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Because a “Dr” wrote a paper and a former Playboy model blindly believed it because she like any parent wanted some kind of reason (although false) for why her son has it. 

If a celebrity and a “Dr” say it it’s true :rolleyes:

Forgetting Drs also used to suggest smoking or there was the morning sickness medication that lead to horrible birth defects. 

Plus Dr Google says it on some pages 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Because a “Dr” wrote a paper and a former Playboy model blindly believed it because she like any parent wanted some kind of reason (although false) for why her son has it. 

If a celebrity and a “Dr” say it it’s true :rolleyes:

Forgetting Drs also used to suggest smoking or there was the morning sickness medication that lead to horrible birth defects. 

Plus Dr Google says it on some pages 

That that person got his Dr revoked too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The study was funded by Novo Nordisk Foundation a Danish multinational pharmaceutical company.

Whether or not vaccines cause autism relying on a study funded by a pharmaceutical company is THE definition of gullible.

That's like the fox educating the farmer on how to better secure his chicken pen

Would you believe any study funded by Exxon or any other oil corporation about climate change?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

The study was funded by Novo Nordisk Foundation a Danish multinational pharmaceutical company.

Whether or not vaccines cause autism relying on a study funded by a pharmaceutical company is THE definition of gullible.

That's like the fox educating the farmer on how to better secure his chicken pen

Would you believe any study funded by Exxon or any other oil corporation about climate change?

If the data were correct and the science sound, then yes. The fact that anyone believes there is a correlation between vaccines and autism shows just how little the average hill person understands science.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1