Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No link between autism and MMR vaccine found

Imaginarynumber1

25 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

So not only will she be covered but she can spread herd immunity to those who are medically unable to get vaccinated and unfortunately for the selfish anti vaxxers. 

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

she spreads immunity?? lol, ok  

Why are you laughing at what Ruby04 says ?

Herd immunity is very much a real thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

Herd immunity was responsible for eradicating small pox. It have littlerally saved millions of lives and yet you just say lol. :no:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Herd immunity is very much a real thing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

Herd immunity was responsible for eradicating small pox. It have littlerally saved millions of lives and yet you just say lol. :no:

He quite simply had no actual point and went with lol. 

Smallpox is always the first thing to come to my mind when it comes to herd immunity. 

I was born 8 years after Smallpox was officially eradicated, so thankfully never first hand saw how horrible it is. 

Closet thing to it I’ve seen with my own eyes in person (not books or online etc) was the double vaccination scar mom had as a child before coming to Australia. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Because he never did any research.......:mellow:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

Smallpox is always the first thing to come to my mind when it comes to herd immunity. 

That wiped out about 1/3 of us. I'm not sure on the numbers with Aboriginal Australians but I know it was high. Any zoonotic disease is dangerous to ehtnic groups who never had domesticated animals. Chicken pox put me in the ICU.

Vaccination was really important with my boys because of this and I'm sure with you for the same reasons. Many times the European immune factor doesn't pass on with mixed children.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Because he never did any research.......:mellow:

Don't you know that these days "I read it on the internet" and "somebody once told me" is widely considered to be research ? :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Piney said:

That wiped out about 1/3 of us. I'm not sure on the numbers with Aboriginal Australians but I know it was high. Any zoonotic disease is dangerous to ehtnic groups who never had domesticated animals. Chicken pox put me in the ICU.

Vaccination was really important with my boys because of this and I'm sure with you for the same reasons. Many times the European immune factor doesn't pass on with mixed children.

From what I know (again only read and and proper documentaries) on it, it was horrific. 

Very true, indigenous people who were never around animals that carry certain diseases never had the ability to build up immunity to them. 

A simple cold killed many to. 

Mom was German, came to Australia in 1968 and I’m Aussie born.

For me and my partner we want our daughter and future children to have as reduced chance as possible of catching preventable diseases. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Don't you know that these days "I read it on the internet" and "somebody once told me" is widely considered to be research ? :(

Yeah....Especially if you want to learn to be a instant Shaman or herbalist. :mellow:

My grandmother was a traditional herbalist and healer but she still went to Uni, had a RN certificate and read all the studies. Talked to her patients' doctors. My grandfather had a RN certificate and a EMT read every study they did, talked to his patients' doctors and even though I wasn't fully trained to be a healer he still made me get a EMT and I still read the studies and the journals.

5 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

A simple cold killed many to. 

They knock me on my ass every time. They might have killed a few of us. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Oh but never on CDC, WHO or other scientific based sides, instead on forums where people know better.

Also dont forget moms groups that know better, you just need to not give your kid added sugar, gluten because everyone can’t eat it (as opposed to those who truthfully cannot have it) food colouring etc and use essential oils etc :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

because i find it funny, why else?

and now that i read your posts i laugh even more, at you 3 who think they  know what i meant.  i wasn't actually arguing herd immunity concept, i loled for totally different reason, but seeing how entertaining your guesses are, i'll keep it to myself, i'll let you make more hilarious assumptions,

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

because i find it funny, why else?

and now that i read your posts i laugh even more, at you 3 who think they  know what i meant.  i wasn't actually arguing herd immunity concept, i loled for totally different reason, but seeing how entertaining your guesses are, i'll keep it to myself, i'll let you make more hilarious assumptions,

This isn't the first time you have done this in a discussion, so it's unfortunately pretty much the reaction I was expected from you. :no:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

This isn't the first time you have done this in a discussion, so it's unfortunately pretty much the reaction I was expected from you. :no:

Can’t expect much from someone who has Resident troll written 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

Also dont forget moms groups that know better, you just need to not give your kid added sugar, gluten because everyone can’t eat it (as opposed to those who truthfully cannot have it) food colouring etc and use essential oils etc :rolleyes:

Like I tell people "Are you gluten intolerant? No? Eat your gluten it's good for you". There is so much bad information out there and so many Newage flakes who won't listen to their doctors and come to me ( who I send them back to) I just kept some of my grandfather's old clients. Who are now all dead anyway. 

I have a large collection of herbal books. Half of them are in my woocrap section because the authors obviously didn't read the medical studies on them. I was thinking about starting a thread on herbal dangers but decided "Meh! why waste my time?" 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Piney said:

Like I tell people "Are you gluten intolerant? No? Eat your gluten it's good for you". There is so much bad information out there and so many Newage flakes who won't listen to their doctors and come to me ( who I send them back to) I just kept some of my grandfather's old clients. Who are now all dead anyway. 

I have a large collection of herbal books. Half of them are in my woocrap section because the authors obviously didn't read the medical studies on them. I was thinking about starting a thread on herbal dangers but decided "Meh! why waste my time?" 

I had (she and I fell out when I broke up with ex, she basically told me to find new friends) who she and her sister could not eat gluten with out getting extremely sick.

She herself pointed out the ones who think oh but gluten free is healthier are wrong, because they often still eat a lot of sugar etc. 

I personally don’t doubt that herbal can help, but not all are safe. 

Currently Drs etc say not to drink or take herbal medications or teas while pregnant, few things are ok because they don’t know if they are safe and some are known to cause harm. 

The latest fad is Raspberry leaf tea from 37 weeks on, because there’s a chance it may help labour.

However the current studies are small and the amount needed is 7+ cups a day. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

She herself pointed out the ones who think oh but gluten free is healthier are wrong, because they often still eat a lot of sugar etc. 

Well, I try to tell Vegans. According to the Harvard study the reason the Japanese can eat so much soy without ruining their digestive system is because of the enzymes in the mostly raw fish they eat, and they eat a lot of it.

I had one vegan woman who came to me who couldn't digest certain foods anymore. She insisted on a herb. I tried to get her to eat fish. Did she want to listen? No! 

I'll stick with cleaning up "bad things"......Of course I'm getting tired there too....

As for herbal interactions and uses. People always over do it. The simplest herb can hurt or kill. One old man came to me for sassafras tea. I asked him "Are you on blood thinners or statins?" He said 'yes". I said I can't give you sassafras tea you'll bleed in your stomach and through your capillaries. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Well, I try to tell Vegans. According to the Harvard study the reason the Japanese can eat so much soy without ruining their digestive system is because of the enzymes in the mostly raw fish they eat, and they eat a lot of it.

I had one vegan woman who came to me who couldn't digest certain foods anymore. She insisted on a herb. I tried to get her to eat fish. Did she want to listen? No! 

I'll stick with cleaning up "bad things"......Of course I'm getting tired there too....

As for herbal interactions and uses. People always over do it. The simplest herb can hurt or kill. One old man came to me for sassafras tea. I asked him "Are you on blood thinners or statins?" He said 'yes". I said I can't give you sassafras tea you'll bleed in your stomach and through your capillaries. 

As a baby then a kid  I had soy formula and soy milk (GORD since birth) but can now tolerate some dairy, spicy etc most of the time (used to be on medication but currently haven’t needed it, other women have said the same thing, while pregnant they’ve been able to have things that used to make them sick) and now hate the taste of it. 

Before I got pregnant I used to drink chamomile tea either nightly or few times a week, for the hot drink and no caffeine side of it. 

A woman I was friends with used to swear by it for her endometriosis pain. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

I used to drink chamomile tea either nightly or few times a week, for the hot drink and no caffeine side of it. 

I drink it. I'm making some now with lemongrass and jasmine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

As a baby then a kid  I had soy formula and soy milk (GORD since birth)

I was a preemie and stuffed with horse milk. That's a Indian thing though. I was born in a house and not close to a hospital. My herbalist grandmother was the midwife. 

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I drink it. I'm making some now with lemongrass and jasmine.

I just finished reading a study outlining how certain chemicals in green tea and carrots have stopped/reversed the effects of Alzheimer's in rats genetically modified to have the illness. 

So my aim today is to buy some green tea, now I know it was specific chemicals they extracted from Green tea, but surely if I drink enough of it, it might help. No?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I just finished reading a study outlining how certain chemicals in green tea and carrots have stopped/reversed the effects of Alzheimer's in rats genetically modified to have the illness. 

So my aim today is to buy some green tea, now I know it was specific chemicals they extracted from Green tea, but surely if I drink enough of it, it might help. No?

Worse case it does nothing for it, but it’s still a good tea. 

Also don’t forget to eat the carrots those are good to. 

Just now, Ruby04 said:

Worse case it does nothing for it, but it’s still a good tea. 

Also don’t forget to eat the carrots those are good to. 

I'll probably stick to my Barry's Tea, if your not Irish you won't understand. 

But as far as the compound used in the experiment I'm pretty certain I'd need to drink green tea continually, like literally non-stop, to get the required dosage.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I'll probably stick to my Barry's Tea, if your not Irish you won't understand. 

But as far as the compound used in the experiment I'm pretty certain I'd need to drink green tea continually, like literally non-stop, to get the required dosage.

Aussie so never heard of it. 

Lol so like raspberry leaf to induce labor 

2500 years ago an idiotic Athenian wrote an innacurate and made-up story, and we've been discussing Atlantis ever since. 

I just hope that the made-up 'research' that Andrew Wakefield wrote doesn't echo around the conspiracy theorysphere for as long !! 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, danydandan said:

Green tea helps with a lot of things. It's all around good for you. But like everything else. Don't over do it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Green tea helps with a lot of things. It's all around good for you. But like everything else. Don't over do it. 

I don't want to go full green. One time my mate smoked alot of weed, he went full green. It F'd up for a bit.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Thank you. :) My child had no vaccinations until he was in his teens, when he chose to. He made that choice because he didn't want to be the odd one out. :(

Getting back on topic, perhaps I should explain a bit further. I had a very strong maternal instinct and my only concern was for my baby, not herd immunity. I instinctively knew, or rather, I had a premonition, that 'vaccines would kill' and I was not prepared to risk his life, especially as I knew he would be the only child I had. My premonition was correct; a 'rogue' batch of vaccine killed several babies in the county we were in ..... babies born around the same time as my son. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1