Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No link between autism and MMR vaccine found

Imaginarynumber1

2 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

Its recently again become the go to thing along with “calm” birthing. 

Calm birthing..Meh! When they're running late I give her a ride in the brush truck. :yes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

To summarize for anyone reading this thread who might be an anti-vax person.

If you believe vaccines cause autism then you either have to believe

a) that the preservative elements approved by the FDA in vaccines cause autism, which means that all types of vaccines cause autism because they all have those same and similar preservative elements

or b). you believe that specific vaccines cause autism, which means that you believe it is the exposure to the disease cells in the vaccine, the disease is what makes vaccines unique and specific from one another.

If you believe a) that vaccines cause autism from the FDA approved preservative elements then you should believe that it is all vaccines because they all have those preservative elements, which means that the OP study of this thread on the MMR vaccine is valid and shows that vaccines do not cause autism lol.

Okay, so maybe you do not believe the OP study because you think that it is just specific vaccines,

then you must believe b). that the exposure to the disease in vaccines cause autism. If you believe that then you believe the disease itself causes autism which means you should vaccinate to become immune to that disease, therefore preventing autism lol

Either way being anti-vax makes little sense lol. There is so much research out there on the safety of vaccines. 

(I hope this logic seemed as clear to others as it did in my head lol)

You also must believe that your child is better off dead than autistic 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Piney said:

Calm birthing..Meh! When they're running late I give her a ride in the brush truck. :yes:

It’s where you don’t get induced baby comes when ready (despite over 42 weeks is bad), have zero pain relief, just mediate while repeating how your body is made to give birth, be in whatever position. 

Then there’s me I’ll be using the pain killers at my hospital birth and likely induced

• Like 2

On 07/03/2019 at 7:35 PM, ouija ouija said:

I wouldn't describe myself as being 'mislead'. The belief that subjecting a tiny baby (who already has so many new things to contend with), to a barrage of alien substances injected into it is just plain wrong, originates from within myself.

Hundreds of millions of people are living proof that you're wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 3/7/2019 at 3:01 PM, spartan max2 said:

I don't understand why the antivax movement is biggest in Oregon

There was just a measles outbreak in southern Washington.... reason was still hippies. According to an article I read, southern Washington is one of the most unvaccinated areas in the USA. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/02/08/692665531/measles-cases-mount-in-pacific-northwest-outbreak

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/6/2019 at 9:07 AM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The ENTIRE reason this anti vax **** started is becuase Wakefield faked a study that said MMR caused autism so he could sell scared parents "diagnostic kits" to test for the medical condition he invented, autistic enterocolitis. 

Basically, you dont trust vaccines because some con man wanted to make money.

Hmmm... even if you are conned you're still confronted with the risk of death versus (some fantastic) risk of autism.

Who would choose death?

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 5:40 AM, Piney said:

I was a ARC warzone medic and PMC. I have 4 vaccine scars and they hit you in one shot with so many ( I think it was about 6 if I remember)  the ****'s running down your arm. I don't remember any side effects

Memory loss;)

Damn @Noteverythingisaconspiracy....

"Simpsons did it!"

Edited by Golden Duck

Meanwhile, everyone else spins their wheels trying to debunk the theories, as if more information actually makes a difference. To try to stem the rising tide of kids coming down with measles because their parents are scared of the autism boogeyman, science has been forced to pump money into researching this issue again and again and again, coming out with study after study that shows no link. That's money that could have been used to research cancer cures of for developing better vaccines or even a serum to inject directly into Jenny McCarthy's brain to kill the stupid directly. But instead it's funding studies to debunk that same old autism/vaccine trope that's already been debunked. And it's all pointless, because to conspiracy theorists all of that new "evidence" is just further proof that The Man is working against them. "If there's nothing to it, why are scientists studying it so much?"

http://www.cracked.com/article_21341_5-ways-every-conspiracy-theory-makes-world-worse.html?fbclid=IwAR38GXHAMQOUKfbITT5El1aDZQOnwBzfqxsa_b_lMJxSJqDZeI-GOVb3Vd0

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

As a person who used to work in the water treatment industry and a parent of a child with autism. I’m fairly certain the truth is in you’re drinking water. 
Medication people take and have taken the last 30 years can’t be removed from water. We can blast it with chlorine and filter it with every known method but medication makes it through all that. Powerful tranquilizers and anti depressants end up coming right out of you’re tap water. In small enough doses you would never know but you’re unborn child gets it during the development process and here’s Autism

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free99 said:

As a person who used to work in the water treatment industry and a parent of a child with autism. I’m fairly certain the truth is in you’re drinking water. 
Medication people take and have taken the last 30 years can’t be removed from water. We can blast it with chlorine and filter it with every known method but medication makes it through all that. Powerful tranquilizers and anti depressants end up coming right out of you’re tap water. In small enough doses you would never know but you’re unborn child gets it during the development process and here’s Autism

I remember reading that fish who live in the ocean near the drains have stopped swimming away from predators because of all the anti-anxiety meds and antidepressants in the water.  So, this would not surprise me

• 4 months later...
On 8/10/2020 at 3:26 PM, aztek said:

Women who use marijuana during pregnancy are 1.5 times more likely to have a child with autism, according to the largest study of its kind.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/women-marijuana-during-pregnancy-1-163900422.html

i wonder how many of those who say their kids got autistic after a vaccine used weed, or other cannabis products, 

I came across this and it's the dumbest scientific finding I ever read, almost tied with the "MMR vaccines causes autism" theory that was later debunked. Some doctors now claim MMR vaccines can make a child become homosexual or transgender, another falsehood to scare parents who are homophobic and transphobic.   I guess Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Smallpox and Polio (the latter 2 now eliminated globally) is less scary than a child has Autism, Asperger's, mental disabilities, homosexuality and transgender identity (sarcasm). Coming from an adult with autism and identifies as male and female, but I managed to have a wife and 3 children as well graduated high school and held jobs in my 40-year adult life. And now these COVID-19 vaccine conspiracy theorists believe we're going to be tracked down by the New World Order after we receive shots? LOLWUT? Marijuana is sometimes used to treat pregnancy complications physically and psychologically though, but would it affect the unborn baby/child/fetus in some way instead of a risk of autism?

Edited by Solipsi Rai

7 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

I came across this and it's the dumbest scientific finding I ever read, ................

well, this is  how you see it, but it has no bearing on reality, now do you  have anything more than your opinion to contradict that?

• A large sample of women in Canada who used marijuana during pregnancy were 1 1/2 times as likely to have a child with autism as those who didn't, a new study has found.

• The retrospective analysis, involving more than half a million women, follows past research suggesting pot use is linked to lower birth weight.

• While the study does not prove cause and effect, the authors say it suggests pot use should be recommended against during pregnancy in the way alcohol is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

well, this is  how you see it, but it has no bearing on reality, now do you  have anything more than your opinion to contradict that?

• A large sample of women in Canada who used marijuana during pregnancy were 1 1/2 times as likely to have a child with autism as those who didn't, a new study has found.

• The retrospective analysis, involving more than half a million women, follows past research suggesting pot use is linked to lower birth weight.

• While the study does not prove cause and effect, the authors say it suggests pot use should be recommended against during pregnancy in the way alcohol is.

And in 2020-21, marijuana is promoted a lot more than tobacco which has increasingly became socially unacceptable and viewed as unhealthy. Many kinds of medications can't be given to pregnant people because of the risk of harm to the fetus. Marijuana is widely used as natural or alternative medicine like it's not harmful, esp during pregnancy and to the unborn. 

4 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

And in 2020-21, marijuana is promoted a lot more than tobacco which has increasingly became socially unacceptable and viewed as unhealthy. Many kinds of medications can't be given to pregnant people because of the risk of harm to the fetus. Marijuana is widely used as natural or alternative medicine like it's not harmful, esp during pregnancy and to the unborn. 

ok so how does that disprove the study?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

ok so how does that disprove the study?

It wouldn't disprove the study, but it can support claims of marijuana is not as safe like we thought as it's became accepted in the last 50 years. The study suggests marijuana or the proper botanical term cannabis might not be recommended to pregnant women like alcohol and tobacco (and plenty of medications) are. The Marijuana-Autism connection study reminds me of earlier anti-vax theory studies that later were debunked.

Just now, Solipsi Rai said:

It wouldn't disprove the study, but it can support claims of marijuana is not as safe like we thought as it's became accepted in the last 50 years. The study suggests marijuana or the proper botanical term cannabis might not be recommended to pregnant women like alcohol and tobacco (and plenty of medications) are. The Marijuana-Autism connection study reminds me of earlier anti-vax theory studies that later were debunked.

that i agree, it is not safe, but wouldn't it actually support the study?