Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Mysterious stranger saves man's life in Turkey

19 posts in this topic

Nnicolette

Its weird how the stranger doesnt even seem to be looking toward the gate at all. Also that guy should be more careful... Obviously the gate is there so why stand in its way?

• Like 3

ExpandMyMind

God walks among us.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

mdbuilder

Anonymous intervention.

AllPossible

He was just putting his cigarette out on his shoulder

• Haha 2

Susanc241

That gate doesn�t seem to hinge in the same place when it is being pushed back the way it came. Was it a sort of tail gate on the vehicle, an animal truck maybe? If no-one else sees what I am seeing, please do say.

• Like 2

ExoPaul

Pure coincidence. The stranger was either drunk or familiar with the guy and tapped him on the shoulder as a prank as he passed.
I have done it to people myself. It was working as a prank too, if it weren�t for that pesky gate..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nnicolette
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Susanc241 said:

That gate doesn�t seem to hinge in the same place when it is being pushed back the way it came. Was it a sort of tail gate on the vehicle, an animal truck maybe? If no-one else sees what I am seeing, please do say.

I think it is in the same place the camera has just moved. Note the objects on the ground in relation to the placement. But that does raise questions to me on the authenticity of the reporting because that camera sure is moving a lot for a cctv stationary camera.

Edited by Nnicolette

Robotic Jew

Saying he "saved his life" is a bit of a stretch. More than likely he would've just wound up a little sore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chookaburra
2 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I think it is in the same place the camera has just moved. Note the objects on the ground in relation to the placement. But that does raise questions to me on the authenticity of the reporting because that camera sure is moving a lot for a cctv stationary camera.

Hi @Nnicolette, my take on the video is that we're viewing imagery that has been recorded from a TV screen with a hand held device (camera phone) or alike, hence the movement. As for the gate, it's definitely the tailgate on the vehicle that hasn't been closed and latched securely.

Cheers Jason.

• Like 4

Jon the frog

Wow that's a near miss, lucky boy !

• Like 2

InconceivableThoughts

Why must it be a

aniknonymous
Posted (edited)

there are a few problems with this. first of all nobody was in danger. not only was the truck not speeding but even if it was it would at most be painful since it would go back to it's place from the hit. then you see the guy turn right instead of left when touched on the left shoulder. nobody does that unless they actualy expect it to be done by a friend that tries to play a trick. not sure, maybe it was an attempt to bring more people around otherwise i don't see how this made the news.

Edited by aniknonymous

Podo

It's neat and good timing, but I don't see anything really mysterious about it. People stop bad stuff from happening all the time.

• Like 1

woopypooky

Its the same man. Younger less bald version of him time travelling to save himself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

MissJatti

fake, i mean the cctv moves down so the audience can see the stranger touching the man. cctv do not move like that.

BettyTheYeti

That was Bill Murray, Turkish Groundhog Day.

• Haha 1

jmccr8

I have to wonder what the intent of the person doing the recording initially was, they were there recording a guy setting up his display and just by chance catches the video we see. 

jmccr8

Earl.Of.Trumps

Coincodence, IMO.  The guy who tapped I think was spoofing and had no clue that the gate was coming.