Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lawyer persists but woman just wants to sleep

ant0n

A woman and a lawyer are seated next to each other on a flight from Los Angeles to London. The lawyer asks if she would like to play a fun game.

The woman, tired, just wants to take a nap. She politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks.

The lawyer persists and explains that the game is easy and a lot of fun. He explains: "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5, and vice versa."

Again, she declines and tries to gain some sleep.

The lawyer, now agitated, says: "Okay! If you don't know the answer, you pay me $5, and if I don't know the answer, I pay you $500."

This catches the woman's attention and agrees to the game, figuring there will be no end to this torment unless she plays,

The lawyer asks the first question: "What's the distance from the Earth to the Moon?"

The woman doesn't say a word, reaches into her purse, pulls out a $5 bill and hands it to the lawyer. "Okay", says the lawyer. "Your turn."

She asks the lawyer: "What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four legs?"

The lawyer, puzzled, takes out his laptop computer and searches all his references: no answer. He taps into the air phone with his modem and searches the Net and the library of congress: no answer. Frustrated, he sends emails to all his friends and coworkers, to no avail. After an hour, he wakes the woman and hands her $500. The woman says: "Thank you." and turns back to get some more sleep.

The lawyer, who is more than a little miffed, wakes the woman and asks: "Well, what was the answer?"

Without a word, the woman reaches into her purse, hands the lawyer $5 and goes back to sleep.

~~~

Edited by anton00
  • Haha 8