Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"America First" Takes Last Place

Dark_Grey

48 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Good luck.  I am on the manufacturing side of things.  My last big project was design and layout for a 10k expansion to our wax molding area. Getting the building up was easy compared to the rest.  I was smart enough to order the machinery a year in advance and it got here on time.  The mechanical and electrical guys were hard pressed and running almost 3 weeks behind by the end of the project.  The electrical guy is great, I have dealt with him on a number of projects, but he was short about 10 electricians for his project load.  We brought in a second mechanical contractor to help finish.  Both are  good, reliable guys with some history at our plant.  Same story, short journeymen in both their shops.  Tool and die shops I deal with for our injection tools tell the same story, can't hire enough young people who want to train in a craft.  I guess everybody wants to be an investment banker or an internet influencer.

It is not a joke. While the pols flap their gums and wave their arms and talk about it, we need action on technical and craft training.  Some good publicity wouldn't hurt either..  Young people don't realize how much money they can make in a craft, or that is is a very respectable and often challenging  career to master a trade.  This whole economy will sputter out if we don't supply those folks.  We do need computer people and design engineers, but we also need the guys that can wire up their computers and program and operate a 5-axis milling machine to make what they design..

Kinda off topic, but best of luck. Nice to be a hero when you can.

Yeah, that's why I know so many felons.  The local unions started a "jobs for felons" program a few decades back.  Construction is rough and tumble enough to suit them, it's one of the few places that will take them, we pay a hell of a lot more than almost all the other places, and it actually has a future.  Sad thing is that we've actually had (regular) people quit to do other things because their wives/family thought that construction was "beneath" them. One guy with a college degree left to a minimum wage job in the campus bookstore.

On the down side, we did have a guy join the local pipefitters that ended up a serial killer.  https://qconline.com/news/iowa/man-arrested-in--year-old-hotel-slaying/article_ecd01c7f-4b0a-53df-a993-032170cfa3d9.html

Quite a few ended up back in jail, some wandered off, but many are still in to this day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Sad thing is that we've actually had (regular) people quit to do other things because their wives/family thought that construction was "beneath" them. One guy with a college degree left to a minimum wage job in the campus bookstore.

I quit cooking as a kid because of that very reason. I am very proud of the career I have put together but damn I miss working in kitchens and in hindsight wonder what I could have accomplished if I hadnt listened to those voices.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Great empires aren't murdered, they die by suicide. Cultural collapse is the precursor to Imperial collapse. Read up on Russian troll farms and their impact on Western culture over the last few years. It's fascinating stuff. They have been creating memes, organizing events and manipulating polls on both sides in an effort to create division among Americans. I'll be damned if it didn't work like a charm. The media came in and dumped gas on the fire cause it's good for page views and they hate Trump. It was the perfect storm. Now people are attacking each other in the streets over hats, refusing service over political views, etc. The country is deeply divided and this opens the door for a real radical to become POTUS or for foreign powers to take advantage of America's weakened state. I wouldn't say "Russia helped Trump get elected" as that's only half the story. Russians also posted pro-Hillary and pro-Bernie propaganda. They didn't care about choosing "a side", they just kept throwing poking Americans with sticks to agitate them

As an example, these trolls would organize a Black Lives Matter rally across the street from a Blue Lives Matter rally for no other reason that to create chaos. Hell, half the issues we argued over in the UM forums last year might have been manufactured. It's just such an effective way at getting us to fight.

We can thank Hillary for all of that, when she was the Secretary of State. If she hadn't started a public upheaval against Putin in his own country, most of that probably wouldn't have happened. Putin and his cronies are enjoying the payback now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Katniss said:

We can thank Hillary for all of that, when she was the Secretary of State. If she hadn't started a public upheaval against Putin in his own country, most of that probably wouldn't have happened. Putin and his cronies are enjoying the payback now.

Thats a little shortsighted view on history I think. Blaming Hillary for Russians performing intelligence operations on us would be like blaming Trump because Fat Kim is insane. Both of those status' were cemented long before Hillary or Trump came onto the scene.

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats a little shortsighted view on history I think. Blaming Hillary for Russians performing intelligence operations on us would be like blaming Trump because Fat Kim is insane. Both of those status' were cemented long before Hillary or Trump came onto the scene.

Well click on this link and scroll to where it says Putin Is Angry and then read on from there. If you read the section where Putin blamed Clinton for the turmoil, you'll notice some similarities of what happened in 2011 Russian parliamentary election compared to what happened in the 2016 U.S. election. Crowds were complaining that the parliamentary elections were rigged. That sounds familiar doesn't it? And there is Hillary getting involved in Russian elections.

There were of course other little things the U.S. did that ticked off Putin before and after that, but what Hillary did Po'ed him off to no end. Because he was worried there would be an insurrection and nobody fears insurrections like Putin does.

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Well click on this link and scroll to where it says Putin Is Angry and then read on from there. If you read the section where Putin blamed Clinton for the turmoil, you'll notice some similarities of what happened in 2011 Russian parliamentary election compared to what happened in the 2016 U.S. election. Crowds were complaining that the parliamentary elections were rigged. That sounds familiar doesn't it? And then there is Hillary getting involved in Russian elections.

There were of course other little things the U.S. did that ticked off Putin before and after that, but what Hillary did Po'ed him off to no end. Because he was worried there would be an insurrection and nobody fears insurrections like Putin does.

Oh theres no doubt that Putin hated Hillary. But their elections were rigged long before 2011 How it was rigged  a farce but Vladimir Putin looks stronger ....from 2007   Again the historical longview is that Russia is simply a geopolitical opponent with dictatorial tendencies.

As for the Russian election interference, on the issues they chose to use, we can point to Russian Igor Panarin  and his 1998 paper predicting the internal dissolution of the USA  primarily due to social issues. I.E. the exact issues that the trolls have manipulated so beautifully from 2016 to present. 

Thanks for the link BTW been a good read thus far!

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

Oh, have we got a new sufferer from PDS (P*tin Derangement Syndrome), or, The Evil Denizen* of the Kremlin is to blame for everything? Well, welcome aboard. You'll get along with Farmer. 

* a word that's not used nearly enough these days 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Putin Is Angry

They ought to get some badges made with that slogan.  

11 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Well click on this link and scroll to where it says Putin Is Angry and then read on from there.

Man its funny how we can become so trained to look for "gotcha" facts in politics. Me too so its not a judgement but in the article you shared, before they even get to Hillary, Putin was angry over :

The Russian leader believed the United States had relentlessly sought to undermine Russian sovereignty and his own legitimacy. The United States had backed democratic, anti-Russian forces in the so-called color revolutions on Russia’s borders, in Georgia in 2003 and Ukraine in 2004. It had funded pro-democracy Russian activists through American organizations with millions in State Department grants each year.

Im pretty sure Hillary was a first term senator then , if she was anything at all, so its a little disingenuous to blame his anger on her.

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The Russian leader believed the United States had relentlessly sought to undermine Russian sovereignty

Like they did when the United States put an alcoholic oaf in office in the Kremlin in order to destroy Russia as a nation of any power and make sure (as they thought) that it would never again be able to challenge the g*d-given right of the United States to dominate the world? 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Like they did when the United States put an alcoholic oaf in office in the Kremlin in order to destroy Russia as a nation of any power and make sure (as they thought) that it would never again be able to challenge the g*d-given right of the United States to dominate the world? 

Exactly!!! Thanks Hillary <_<:D

Edited by Farmer77

11 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Oh, have we got a new sufferer from PDS (P*tin Derangement Syndrome), or, The Evil Denizen* of the Kremlin is to blame for everything? Well, welcome aboard. You'll get along with Farmer. 

* a word that's not used nearly enough these days 

Are you referring to me? Was it because of the link I posted?

2 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Are you referring to me? Was it because of the link I posted?

LOL yeah he has decided that anyone who reads or believes any global intelligence agency regarding Russia is a paranoid Russiaphobe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL yeah he has decided that anyone who reads or believes any global intelligence agency regarding Russia is a paranoid Russiaphobe

and Farmer believes everything he reads about the Demon in the Kremlin, even if it comes from the "intelligence" agencies that have devoted their entire time ever since the wrong President was elected to overthrowing him, rather than, for example, combating terrorism or anything trivial like that.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Man its funny how we can become so trained to look for "gotcha" facts in politics. Me too so its not a judgement but in the article you shared, before they even get to Hillary, Putin was angry over :

Im pretty sure Hillary was a first term senator then , if she was anything at all, so its a little disingenuous to blame his anger on her.

Well I did say "there were of course other little things the U.S. did that ticked off Putin before and after that", but I think he wanted to get back at Hillary most of all and so, when she ran for President, he saw an opportunity for payback to mess with her election.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

and Farmer believes everything he reads about the Demon in the Kremlin, even if it comes from the "intelligence" agencies that have devoted their entire time ever since the wrong President was elected to overthrowing him, rather than, for example, combating terrorism or anything trivial like that.

Oooooh he said terrorism I must stop and reevaluate my position because surely all patriots stand for the fight against terrorism.....dear god man toddlers kill more people than islamic terrorism in the US annually, hell the policy regarding mercury emissions from coal plants enacted by Trump will kill more people annually than terrorism will and will best case scenario equal 9/11's death total in just two years, worse case in under one. As admitted by the administration themselves.

Oh but yeah back to the intelligence agencies. We have what we have bro, they are the professionals who keep us safe. We can choose to wholly suspend what is reality for a version we prefer but that doesnt actually change reality.

All intelligence agencies are shady for their government. Which is part of what makes the allegations against Putin and his homies seem pretty reasonable.

Edited by Farmer77

24 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Ha-ha! Well I have no idea what that's about. Never heard of such a thing. But thanks for the link on "Russia's election: How it was rigged." It's very interesting read. ;)

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 11:52 PM, Farmer77 said:

It is obvious to everyone who isn't drinking your kool aid that the Russia truthers have gone down a conspiracy rabbit hole and turned into Glenn Beck.

0922-beckchart1.jpg

beckwilliams-20100721-chalkboard.jpg

lbxgqodi-1280.jpg

lWH48XC9-720.jpg

origin.jpg

maddow2017-1489678100.png?auto=compress,

Watching liberals turn into raving neo-McCarthyites with a deeply racist conspiracy theory has been breathtaking.

• Haha 1