Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Science conquers Egyptology

Skygod

This is a very interesting article published by the new york times about high levels of Electromagnetism existing inside the great Pyramid... Unfortunately for scholars with common sense... We will have go by the impossible bogus views Egyptologist cling to... from a business point a view... It is apparently ok to teach nonsense as long as the cash keeps flowing... 

https://nypost.com/2018/07/31/incredible-discovery-made-inside-great-pyramid-of-giza/amp/

New York Post. That's academia at it's finest. Right up there with the Weekly World News.The don't even state a source. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skygod said:

This is a very interesting article published by the new york times about high levels of Electromagnetism existing inside the great Pyramid... Unfortunately for scholars with common sense... We will have go by the impossible bogus views Egyptologist cling to... from a business point a view... It is apparently ok to teach nonsense as long as the cash keeps flowing... 

https://nypost.com/2018/07/31/incredible-discovery-made-inside-great-pyramid-of-giza/amp/

Going by what the linked journal article says, its all theoretical rather than practically proven.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

New York Post. That's academia at it's finest. Right up there with the Weekly World News.The don't even state a source. 

Yes it did... Mark Hodge from The Sun. It’s in tiny letters at the top. WWN is more of archives of academia now a days :P

• Like 2

Due to the lack of information about the physical properties of the pyramid, we had to use some assumptions.”

You don’t say.

• Haha 4

We as scientists were interested in them as well, so we decided to look at the Great Pyramid as a particle dissipating radio waves resonantly.”

well.. wait, what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

scientists found that electromagnetic energy can be focused at its base. These scientists are from a Russian university and a Danish institute. So are they to pretend that the Great Pyramid doesn’t have these properties just so they don’t upset a couple of snowflakes?

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

scientists found that electromagnetic energy can be focused at its base. These scientists are from a Russian university and a Danish institute. So are they to pretend that the Great Pyramid doesn’t have these properties just so they don’t upset a couple of snowflakes?

Do these scientists have the chutzpah to give their names?

• Like 3

From the link :

"But scientists believe the unusual discovery about the electromagnetic energy in the pyramid is just a coincidence.

They believe it is highly unlikely that ancient Egyptians knew anything about the science behind it and would not have built it in this way deliberately."

Also :

"The pyramid took 20 years to build using around 100,000 slaves."

I'm pretty sure that's not the consensus anymore and hasn't been for a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_ancient_Egypt

• Like 5

Also, there's this:

Scientists have deduced that the pyramid concentrates this electromagnetic energy in its hidden chambers, which include rooms containing the remains of Pharaoh Khufu and his wife.

That's simply BS.

Harte

• Like 4

In the 70s my grandmother paid too much for a plastic pyramid said to keep fruit placed under it fresh longer,  razor blades sharp longer etc, it didnt work.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Skygod said:

Have to laugh at this reportage  It should be made clear that the researchers involved in producing this paper never took measurements at the Great Pyramid or even visited it. They describe their work as a 'theoretical investigation', and they never left their computers or desks to undertake it.

All their results are based on computer simulations and models of the Great Pyramid, virtual models that they acknowledge incorporated assumptions about our understanding of its internal structure and geometry and the homogeneity of the stone from which it was built. 

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, the13bats said:

In the 70s my grandmother paid too much for a plastic pyramid said to keep fruit placed under it fresh longer,  razor blades sharp longer etc, it didnt work.

My mother bought one of them stupid things. :lol:

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I've mentioned this guy before, someone I used to see around central London, but it's always worth bringing him up again

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/revealed-mystery-man-wears-pyramid-6796961

Edited by Emma_Acid
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I hate to admit it i was a kid in the 70s but i remember i saw more than one person wearing them ( pyramids )  as hats it was a big trend like mood rings

In the late 70s an elderly lady i would see all the time walking around would wear half a globe as a hat, i noticed she would switch which half.

Theres a few on this forum i bet wear tin foil hats.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is a prime example  with respect to the current lack of scientific journalism in the world.

We need more journalists, with a scientific background. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Mellon Man said:

We need more journalists, with a scientific background. 

Instead we have journalists with no scientific backgrounds coming up with lame brained theories. :mellow: 

• Like 1

well this is the problem with archeologists and historians pushing the myth that the Great Giza Pyramid served as a tomb when there have never been any royal mummies found inside or even any logical conclusion that they even housed a dead pharaoh. It leaves the door open for many different hypothesis. so why get upset when the current theory is so full of holes.  

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

Big Alan Parsons Project fan, was she?

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

I hate to admit it i was a kid in the 70s but i remember i saw more than one person wearing them ( pyramids )  as hats it was a big trend like mood rings

In the late 70s an elderly lady i would see all the time walking around would wear half a globe as a hat, i noticed she would switch which half.

Theres a few on this forum i bet wear tin foil hats.

Not me.

My hat is made out of the Sunday funny papers.

Harte

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Skygod said:

Hey, look!

Another brand new poster with a link that will overturn all previous knowledge of the past!

Who's going to tell them they're roughly 15,812th in line to get it wrong (this week)?

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

https://patents.google.com/pa https://https://patents.google.com/patent/CA1060839A/en/en tent/CA1060839A/

More interesting than the article... Is the fact that these russian scientists choose to keep things quiet... again from a business point of view Egyptology keeps the cash flowing... It would be against policy to suggest anything that could cut off funding for there research... I don’t think there is a need for scientific journalist... That would be like donald trump going to work for a fencing company... Donald just isn’t qualified to do that... Of course a scientist or researcher that specializes  in electromagnetic energy... certainly knows that patents exist in regards to using electromagnetic radiation for the process of  electrolysis... effectively... efficiently and at the highest scale possible... However they don’t mention the H word in the article because that undermines Egyptology... doing that is currently bad for business... 

5 minutes ago, Skygod said:

the fact that these russian scientists choose to keep things quiet...

:lol:........

....oh, your link is broken. :yes:

You don't let actual knowledge of academia get in the way of outlandish personal speculation, there, do ya?

--Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Skygod said:

I don’t think there is a need for scientific journalist... That would be like donald trump going to work for a fencing company..

:lol:

Bloody quote of the year here.....

• Haha 2