Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Science conquers Egyptology

Skygod

52 minutes ago, Skygod said:

https://patents.google.com/pa https://https://patents.google.com/patent/CA1060839A/en/en tent/CA1060839A/

More interesting than the article... Is the fact that these russian scientists choose to keep things quiet... again from a business point of view Egyptology keeps the cash flowing... It would be against policy to suggest anything that could cut off funding for there research... I don’t think there is a need for scientific journalist... That would be like donald trump going to work for a fencing company... Donald just isn’t qualified to do that... Of course a scientist or researcher that specializes  in electromagnetic energy... certainly knows that patents exist in regards to using electromagnetic radiation for the process of  electrolysis... effectively... efficiently and at the highest scale possible... However they don’t mention the H word in the article because that undermines Egyptology... doing that is currently bad for business... 

Why precisely would the biggest trolls (aka the Ruskies) on the global stage keep quiet such a scientifical discovery?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Why precisely would the biggest trolls (aka the Ruskies) on the global stage keep quiet such a scientifical discovery?

Aliens?

• Haha 3

Most likely illegal aliens too ...

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

Most likely illegal aliens too ...

~

Bloody Irish.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Bloody Irish.

So a guy has a little blood on him they could be from tears of the Virgin Mary she cries blood all the time so I have heard and that would be like a blessing right.

jmccr8

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

So a guy has a little blood on him they could be from tears of the Virgin Mary she cries blood all the time so I have heard and that would be like a blessing right.

jmccr8

Doubt it.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Doubt it.

Your kinda starting to sound like an Engish man now.:lol:

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
emoji for clarification
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Your kinda starting to sound like an Engish man now.:lol:

jmccr8

OMG. I've never been so insulted! 

My Celtic blood is boiling.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, danydandan said:

OMG. I've never been so insulted! 

My Celtic blood is boiling.

Hi Dany

Sorry, you know you are one of my favourite members here but it pains me that you reject the blood of the virgin theory.:innocent:

jmccr8

• Haha 4

So much for science conquering anything here ...

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Dany

Sorry, you know you are one of my favourite members here but it pains me that you reject the blood of the virgin theory.:innocent:

jmccr8

Well J, you are my favorite member here. 

Rejection is just hard to take, I know. But if you develop your theory and give me enough money I'll reconsider.

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Skygod said:

https://patents.google.com/pa https://https://patents.google.com/patent/CA1060839A/en/en tent/CA1060839A/

More interesting than the article... Is the fact that these russian scientists choose to keep things quiet... again from a business point of view Egyptology keeps the cash flowing... It would be against policy to suggest anything that could cut off funding for there research... I don’t think there is a need for scientific journalist... That would be like donald trump going to work for a fencing company... Donald just isn’t qualified to do that... Of course a scientist or researcher that specializes  in electromagnetic energy... certainly knows that patents exist in regards to using electromagnetic radiation for the process of  electrolysis... effectively... efficiently and at the highest scale possible... However they don’t mention the H word in the article because that undermines Egyptology... doing that is currently bad for business... 

Didn't I read that tourism at the pyramids has fallen off? And wouldn't some new discovery such as this create a stampede, increasing 'cash flow' and 'business' one hundred (or more) fold?

• Like 1

Patience, grasshoppers.  If the Discovery Channel and Zahi get on board, it's real.  Oh wait...

• Haha 4

More so that there are less and less qualified Archeology Graduates year to yea and excavations all across the world are grabbing them all away from Egypt where there are no characters like Hawass involved

~

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Skygod said:

Was this written by a pseudo-history sentence generator?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Gaden said:

Didn't I read that tourism at the pyramids has fallen off? And wouldn't some new discovery such as this create a stampede, increasing 'cash flow' and 'business' one hundred (or more) fold?

Nope.  It's an obscure paper in an obscure journal and most people going to Egypt will never have heard of it.

Main tourism is from Europe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Best post by anyone here in ages. Worth starting another ridiculous thread.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

I thought the History Channel had sole rights to that generator?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

This pyramid-power is a harmless eccentricity.  My first introduction to this was in a Gideon Oliver book Dead Men's Hearts where the fictional skeleton detective goes to Egypt to appear in a documentary.  His benefactors are wealthy, amiable believers in the mystical powers of the pyramid (sharpens razors, sources energy, preserves food indefinitely, and the like).  It was an enjoyable read and it was not being passed off as science.  Just entertainment -- much like the linked news article.     

Edited by Megaro
clarification
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, danydandan said:

I thought the History Channel had sole rights to that generator?

Last I heard they did. They have a bit of a thing for "alternative" (Read: fake) science. 

22 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Nope.  It's an obscure paper in an obscure journal and most people going to Egypt will never have heard of it.

Main tourism is from Europe.

I wasn't giving credence to the paper, simply pointing out that his 'cash flow' claim is invalid since any real discovery of this nature would increase tourism.

3 hours ago, Megaro said:

This pyramid-power is a harmless eccentricity.  My first introduction to this was in a Gideon Oliver book Dead Men's Hearts where the fictional skeleton detective goes to Egypt to appear in a documentary.  His benefactors are wealthy, amiable believers in the mystical powers of the pyramid (sharpens razors, sources energy, preserves food indefinitely, and the like).  It was an enjoyable read and it was not being passed off as science.  Just entertainment -- much like the linked news article.     

Harmless til some sap hands over his life savings for a pyramid-shaped cure for terminal cancer. 

It benefits no one to tolerate such obvious foolishness. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Megaro said:

Just wish more people saw it that way.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EnderOTD said:

Just wish more people saw it that way.

Me, too. I could give up this teaching gig and focus solely on my grifting and conning.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

On 3/9/2019 at 9:58 AM, Harte said:

Big Alan Parsons Project fan, was she?

Harte

glad you asked that question... i really don't know who or why they built the pyramids other than maybe they were more ceremonial in nature than functional. you don't really build a massive structure, in plain view for 10's of kilometres advertising 'dead Pharaoh and treasure inside' and provide pathways and chambers to the mother-load.