Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Borderland Phenomena Volume 1: Spontaneous

macqdor

Louis Proud is an Australian writer specializing in Fortean literature recounting weird anomalous experiences and events that, if true, lie at the borderland of scientific understanding and often stretches credibility to its limits. Proud is the author of Dark Intrusions (2009), The Secret Influence of the Moon(2013) and Strange Electromagnetic Dimensions (2015). This account, written in the first person, carries enthusiastic endorsements from Whitley Strieber ‘sparkles with brilliance’, Mitch Horowitz ‘Proud is, hands down, one of today’s brightest and most gleaming intellects in the area of anomalous phenomena’ Gary Lachman ‘fascinating excursion into the not-yet-known’ and Jeffrey J. Kripal ‘Able and trustworthy guide through this strange, liminal realm where almost anything is possible and nothing quite adds up.’

Borderland Phenomena Volume One: Spontaneous Combustion, Poltergeistry and Anomalous Lights, by Louis Proud

https://www.spr.ac.uk/book-review/borderland-phenomena-volume-one-spontaneous-combustion-poltergeistry-and-anomalous

• The title was changed to Borderland Phenomena Volume 1: Spontaneous

Louis Proud explores the phases and movements of the Moon along with its ancient and mysterious features—its craters, maria, rilles, tunnels, and domes. He examines several of NASA’s Apollo missions, showing not that NASA faked the Moon expedi­tions but that they concealed what the astronauts found there.

He explains the many holes in the commonly accepted “Giant Impact” theory of the Moon’s origins and reveals the evidence for a hollow, artificial Moon placed in orbit eons ago to observe Earth.

• Investigates the Moon as the home of an alien intelligence who controls humanity

https://louisproud.net/the-secret-influence-of-the-moon/

Louis is truly a "trustworthy" source. :yes:

– Do human beings possess a magnetic “sixth sense” similar to that of homing pigeons?

https://louisproud.net/strange-electromagnetic-dimensions/

Why yes, they have. Louis hasn't done any anatomical or anthropological reading. It has nothing to do with "powers".

https://anthropology.net/2006/11/21/the-tiny-magnetite-compass-in-the-human-nose/

@Piney

can you show me where your book is or website?

you seem to have an opinion on everything (which is cool) just curious what works you have done or may have coming out soon?

Its EZ to criticize others, arm chair quarterback while not offering up nothing.  

a bot can do that.  

1 minute ago, macqdor said:

You know that's against Native American ethics. I am not permitted to profit as a Shaman and technically not even allowed to explain as much as I do here. You've been told that not just by me, but many other's here. 

2 minutes ago, macqdor said:

just curious what works you have done or may have coming out soon?

I'm not out to make money conning people like you.

6 minutes ago, macqdor said:

arm chair quarterback while not offering up nothing.  

I'm actually pretty well known for being "in the field" and helping people with their problems. There's many other members here who will tell you that too. 

Alright! Another callout of our friend in the OP book review

Sometimes, however, it seems that such unwanted physical phenomena attaches itself to someone much older and not apparently suffering from mental trauma as in the present Keith Linder (2018) case, occurring in Washington, USA (see Sugg, 2018a, 2018b). This personal relationship seems confirmed when such phenomena, as with Linder, actually moves with them to new addresses both at home and work.

I am not permitted to profit as a Shaman and technically not even allowed to explain as much as I do here. You've been told that not just by me, but many other's here. 

there's all kind of ways to avoid profiting.  Simply donate the revenue one receives from book sales to a cause you believe or furthering research about the very topic you believe in.

We're not talking sales in the Harry Potter levels.  Just a thought.............and observation on my part.  

I'm actually pretty well known for being "in the field" and helping people with their problems. There's many other members here who will tell you that too

im just curious to know where your published works are. no big deal. 

@papageorge1

the information from case has started to filter down into the para orgs and channels.

Last Wednesdays meeting in the UK was huge.  

Event Administrator

people were very interested and supportive, and asked some shrewd questions. They all recognized it as a major 21st century case; and there were some very real veterans there, one of them over 90.

a lot of "geist" knowledge was in that room.  When I get the actual podcast, i'll let you know.

The conversation about the poltergeist is on-going. various circles.  what a unbelievable time and moment we live in.

Edited by macqdor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, macqdor said:

@Piney

you seem to have an opinion on everything (which is cool) just curious what works you have done or may have coming out soon?

Its EZ to criticize others, arm chair quarterback while not offering up nothing.  

a bot can do that.  

If you did not want opinions you should never have posted the thread...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

im just curious to know where your published works are. no big deal. 

Algonquian Shamanism is kept strictly in families. We do not teach practices to outsiders. This is a non-argument.

1 hour ago, macqdor said:

there's all kind of ways to avoid profiting.  Simply donate the revenue one receives from book sales to a cause you believe or furthering research about the very topic you believe in.

There's quite a few pictures of me and a newspaper article about me lecturing on Native culture and archaeology. It's right in 'Rogues Gallery'. There's pictures of me carving spirit masks and talking about legends to Boyscouts  in 'Crypto'. There is pictures of artifacts I unearthed in 'Archaeology' and all over the web.  

I'm ver passionate about my culture and was very active promoting education on it. I served as a Tribal Culture Resources Officer ( Archaeologist's token shaman) and been on digs all over the Eastern U.S.

@Alien Origins

opinions are welcome. I asked a question.  

@Piney

There's quite a few pictures of me and a newspaper article about me lecturing on Native culture and archaeology. It's right in 'Rogues Gallery'. There's pictures of me carving spirit masks and talking about legends to Boyscouts  in 'Crypto'. There is pictures of artifacts I unearthed in 'Archaeology' and all over the web.  

Links?

URLs?

Papers?

Writings?

Book Title?

Etc?

Have you brought that stuff here?

if you have. can you point me to it.  i'd love to read it.

17 minutes ago, macqdor said:

if you have. can you point me to it.  i'd love to read it.

Too lazy to do a search?  Not all experts are authors. Then again not all authors are experts. There are plenty of journalists who think they're archaeologists yet their books are a  flow of  pure ****. More non-argument. 

But this is not about me. Who you are personally attacking. This is about Louis Proud, who's bad science your not defending. Which means there is no debate here.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Too lazy to do a search?  Not all experts are authors. Then again not all authors are experts. There are plenty of journalists who think they're archaeologists yet their books are a  flow of  pure ****. More non-argument. 

No one said authors are experts?

i just asked if you could provide me some URL's, etc.    That's all @Piney

I'll google PINEY and see what hits I get.  Thanks !

1 minute ago, macqdor said:

I just did. Everything else is on this site. 

3 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Mask carving for boyscouts...

10318718_10203338786372189_592637722_n.jpg.b6499c3ddd5445ba88e859b81873a911.jpg

15 minutes ago, macqdor said:

Archaeology lecture for the University of Pennsylvania

2009_0821Meetingdisplay0075.jpg.b0a103375ad9cafc6a7a665cfe8a2d8b.jpg

8 minutes ago, macqdor said:

I was hoping for reading materials? great carvings! BTW

I do field work and lectures. I didn't publish anything.  My sister has been on my case though. 

@macqdor

I've known @Piney for more than 30 years. The man doesn't bull**** and I can back everything he says as can many others here.

Just a thought....I'm not seeing the same for you on here.

Many of us have asked him to write books over the years. His respect for his tribe (although they do not deserve his loyalty!) has kept him from doing so although he risks threats from many first Nations people for what he does discuss and disclose on this site.

But seriously, if you think to attack my friend and not get called on it, think again! Back off of someone extremely well respected and loved! 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jenn8779 said:

he risks threats from many first Nations people for what he does discuss and disclose on this site.

Words are simply words, guns and other weapons are "cuddle toys" to cowards who can't and won't use them and It's more backbiting trash talk by those aforementioned cowards than threats. :yes:

• Like 1

@Jenn8779

Calm down. No ones attacking anybody.  "Why so serious?" 

We all got our zealots.  I just asked for some writing material is all.

PINEY said he was "lazy" I take him at his word. 

No need to throw a hussy fit.

I eagerly await your writing PINEY.

As you were.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, macqdor said:

@Jenn8779

Calm down. No ones attacking anybody.  "Why so serious?" 

We all got our zealots.  I just asked for some writing material is all.

PINEY said he was "lazy" I take him at his word. 

No need to throw a hussy fit.

I eagerly await your writing PINEY.

As you were.

Actually I was calm.....till I just saw your "hussy fit" comment. Was that a typo or are you seriously attacking my moral character? On International Women's day to boot.... you need to address that and quickly because I don't play and I will report you

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Then again not all authors are experts. 

So true! 

In this day and age ANYONE can self publish books. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Piney said:

Words are simply words, guns and other weapons are "cuddle toys" to cowards who can't and won't use them and It's more backbiting trash talk by those aforementioned cowards than threats. :yes:

I know they just talk... your skills, knowledge, background and reputation will keep it from going further :lol::yes:

• Haha 1

I'm pretty sure Louis Proud knows like a lot of authors esp in the paranormal field (discussing the machinations of the poltergeist) that individuals such as him are going to be subject to all kinds of ridicule, personal attacks,  Google searched to kingdom come, debunked, scorned and spoke ill-about.  Especially by those who say the "Geist" phenomena isn't real.   I think he knows that going in.  Doesn't seem to deter them.  AMEN!

I respect men and WOMEN who regardless of the characteristic assassinations(sure to be thrown their way) still stay dedicated to their belief. Their craft. Their calling.  It beats being on the sidelines all the time which IMO is what critics are.  

Anybody can criticize.  That's EZ.  The internet makes that so EZ to do.    Not everybody can write a book.  Writing a book is hard. ANY BOOK.  Write a book about the paranormal.  About poltergeist?  I hope you have thick skin. I hope you're used to cynicism.   That and more are what you going to get.   I get an email from Google every time my name is searched.  I'm pretty sure Louis Proud got a few alerts today as well (the minute I posted about his book).     

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I'm reading his book and I'm reading "Ghost and Poltergeist" by Leonard R.N Ashley( recommended last week by a member here)........I'm pretty sure Leonard was criticized too.

His motives questioned.     All of that comes with the territory.  I'm sure Louis Proud knows that. 

@Piney

@SecretSanta