Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Eternal Employment' will pay you to do nothing

UM-Bot

5 hours ago, Michelle said:

I love physical work, which meshed very well with the little welding shop my husband and I have had for around thirty years. You never know what is going to come in on a daily basis and it's never mundane.

I do too.  This job actually delayed me getting a computer for my own use.  I've always been a woodworker as a hobby and I would go home and make sawdust.  This was in the age when people were just getting into PCs in large numbers and most of my coworkers just naturally assumed I had one too.  I told them that, to me, that would be like a plumber going home and playing with his wrenches.  At the end of the day I didn't want to hear another thing beep at me.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, pbarosso said:

WHY SHOULD BILLIONAIRS GIVE UP A LOT. THEY EARNED IT. SMH...COMMUNISM

I personally believe that each person should contribute the same towards their state.

So if the tax each person pays is set at $30,000 per year then there will be some who cannot pay. For these low earners they should be made to do additional work for the state in order to pay their tax bill off. They can be put to work maintaining motorways or performing desk jobs at the civil service. Or they can be sent to work for the police, emergency services, and army.

The sooner we stop burdening the rich of society and our corporations with high taxes to fund social security the sooner we can get an economic miracle going on.

This system is already in widespread use, except without the clocking-in and the payment (or any need for such). It's called off-grid breatharianism. Basically you live in a house built on a trailer (like this: fVw8RMuzFBc [type into youtube]), got solar panels on top and collect rainwater. No rent, no mortgage, no bills. No gas bill, no electricity bill, no water bill. Move and park as desired / needed. Being a breatharian you spend no money, time or effort shopping, cooking, eating, or washing dishes. You have more time, and more space (no cooker, no dishwasher, no pots and pans, no plates and no dishes, no cutlery, no dining table and no chairs). You are as free as a human being can be. Independent and self-sufficient (if that has any meaning left at all). Thousands of us live like that, while the rest remain blissfully oblivious and/or in denial. The rest thought they're so smart because they "realised" that "there is no spoon". I got news. There is no steak, and there never was.

It's tempting to sign up i dont live far from Gothenburg However it says that you have to be at at certain place everyday and im so lazy i cant be arsed to. Otherwise im a professor in doing just nothing :-) 

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 1:43 PM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

This isn't necessarily true. If 100 years ago you told families that had farmed for generations that automation would replace the need for workers, they would be rightly concerned about jobs for their children, grandchildren, etc. You wouldn't be able to explain to them that in 100 years their grandchildren will be writing the software or networking the servers for that automation. The loss of labor jobs to automation will make way for jobs that we don't even know about because they haven't been invented, yet.

generally, past examples reinforce what you say but in this case the whole premise of AI and robots is to do more with less. sure there will be other jobs created but i doubt that there will enough to replace those jobs that disappear on an equal basis.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

generally, past examples reinforce what you say but in this case the whole premise of AI and robots is to do more with less. sure there will be other jobs created but i doubt that there will enough to replace those jobs that disappear on an equal basis.  

I think it will take a while but after a generation or so of folks being freed up from having to focus all their energy on "survival" I think we'll see explosions in jobs and technology that we literally cant even dream of right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I think it will take a while but after a generation or so of folks being freed up from having to focus all their energy on "survival" I think we'll see explosions in jobs and technology that we literally cant even dream of right now.

maybe, but if the past is anything to go by then somehow logic says that the average worker will have at the very least more leisure time. at least i hope so. then again i don't think it will benefit me but definitely my kids and theirs. who really knows. 

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Risky said:

maybe, but if the past is anything to go by then somehow logic says that the average worker will have at the very least more leisure time. at least i hope so. then again i don't think it will benefit me but definitely my kids and theirs. who really knows. 

Oh thats totally what I was saying. Leisure time will lead to new thoughts and ideas which will eventually lead to new industries because we want to not because we have to.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Look at it this way; for over 90$ of our existence, humanity had survived by a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, always working, foraging, etc. Then one day some dude is like, hey, instead of finding all these random ass plants, let's grow them ourselves. Agriculture is born and suddenly everyone need not hunt and gather all day. You can artists, craftsmen, even politicians, etc. Things wholly alien and never dreamed of before the advent of agriculture. 

Same deal with automation, AI, robot sex slaves, etc.

• Like 1

It's a story of money flow... they want the money to flow in circle near Gothenburg. Will it go abroad, Don't know.. But  if it stay there, turning into help for local market and becoming taxes it could be interesting. Good experiment.

But at the same time... With all the government industry financing here in Canada, probably there's enough money to pay the worker of these industry to do nothing instead..

Edited by Jon the frog

12 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Look at it this way; for over 90$ of our existence, humanity had survived by a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, always working, foraging, etc. Then one day some dude is like, hey, instead of finding all these random ass plants, let's grow them ourselves. Agriculture is born and suddenly everyone need not hunt and gather all day. You can artists, craftsmen, even politicians, etc. Things wholly alien and never dreamed of before the advent of agriculture. 

Same deal with automation, AI, robot sex slaves, etc.

Robot sex slaves? Never thought of that. 

54 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Robot sex slaves? Never thought of that. 

Gotta be prepared 

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2019 at 9:12 AM, Dejarma said:

become a Lord

this remind me  "Time machine" , where people getting feed and do nothing