Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Story Behind Notorious Polaroid

the13bats

I recall that pix from when it came out, and seems they still dont know who it was or if it was a crime or hoax,

Anyone hear anything i missed?

https://people.com/crime/tara-calico-polaroid-photo-true-story/

According to the story the police seem to suspect possible hoax,

I find it chilling there is no answer yet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• The title was changed to Story Behind Notorious Polaroid

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

According to the story the police seem to suspect possible hoax,

The woman doesn't look distressed or really tied in the picture. The boy does. I don't think it's a hoax but I think there is more to it. My cop brain is telling me the woman is involved with the photographer. The boy the actual victim .....but instinctive guesses aren't facts. 

Ill add,

What bugs me about this one is i would expect it should have been solved, real or hoax, it is bone chilling for me to even consider its not a sick hoax...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

The woman doesn't look distressed or really tied in the picture. The boy does. I don't think it's a hoax but I think there is more to it. My cop brain is telling me the woman is involved with the photographer. The boy the actual victim .....but instinctive guesses aren't facts. 

Hah, we was a typing at the same time, you might be on to something, both shirts have writing and she has a book,

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Hah, we was a typing at the same time, you might be on to something, both shirts have writing and she has a book,

The book is one giveaway. The fact that her shoulder muscles are not rolled is another.  Her eyes too. Something really not right about her eyes. 

9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Meh, just waking up...

Neither of them are flushed.....

vc-andrews.jpg.95a10273ceed935db11db13eaa2e3838.jpg

The book seems in the pic on purpose.

i went rooting around google seems the pic is now forever connected to the tara calico disappearance, im not at all convinced the pic girl is calico, and kind of seems a distraction to both cases to link them so tightly.

Seems the pic has been all over the web on talk shows etc and no answers very odd to me,

Here is a fuller version,

polaroid.jpg.b593361b2aaf6a2372087f231dc3ccfc.jpg

Neither really look hands tied to me, and it might be reaching but their skin tone looks like they have been in the sun, not hid in the dark...hum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Neither really look hands tied to me, and it might be reaching but their skin tone looks like they have been in the sun, not hid in the dark...hum

And not flushed. When people are under duress, they are always flushed.  I still really can't tell with the kid though, and the fact it's a crappy pic. He could be flushed or tan. 

You know how i get very OCD over the unknown, the mystery of it, ive been trying to track down any info, and like with other topics here there is myth and embelishment,

I have that odd feel its a hoax, but still someone somewhere should have that missing piece to prove it.