Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man discovers 'Bigfoot tracks' in Washington

UM-Bot

Just now, Dejarma said:

that's the same as i said:rolleyes: be original mate;)

I couldn't be f bothered

3 hours ago, Timothy said:

The postholing explanation is unrelated to the snowshoe comment.

The term postholing is used to more specifically explain when snow shoes are not being worn too.

So it does hold up.

Well in that case it still doesn’t hold up because that snow was 3 feet deep. Nobody in snow that deep is taking steps that long without leaving more behind than just foot holes. The snow would be near up to your crotch. I say fake feet strapped to the boots of a hoaxer. I’ve seen it done on a documentary. You strap these huge fake soles on and they hold you near the surface and you run to make the stride long.

2 hours ago, Seti42 said:

"I'll be a believer until they prove he's not and I don't think that's ever going to happen," 

That's some really unscientific thinking, there pal. The burden of proof is on the one who makes the amazing claim, not the other way around.

Yeah you probably never believe as an adult unless you’ve had personal experience with the phenomenon.

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

or a haggis- you need to have an open mind, Sir

Intestines don’t leave tracks 

:lol:

• Haha 1

In the 80s when my dad was big into taxidermy he askes me one day so what do these bigfoot prints look like, ( he wasnt a believer )

I gave a run down and next time i saw him he had made a pair of hard but some flex rubber bigfoot prints that went on the bottom of boots he had made the heel toes ball etc very pronounced as to leave a good print, and he did walk around some in them, all in good fun of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Well in that case it still doesn’t hold up because that snow was 3 feet deep. Nobody in snow that deep is taking steps that long without leaving more behind than just foot holes. The snow would be near up to your crotch. I say fake feet strapped to the boots of a hoaxer. I’ve seen it done on a documentary. You strap these huge fake soles on and they hold you near the surface and you run to make the stride long.

That’s part of the point. The snow was not that deep when they walked in it

Make sense yet?

They seem too perfect and not natural. No streaks in the snow or other anomalies. Almost like someone placed each one very carefully

• Like 2

What it boils down to is zero, it proves nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:21 AM, Timothy said:

That’s part of the point. The snow was not that deep when they walked in it

Make sense yet?

What are you talking about?  Are you from around here?  If so you know damn well central Washington received well over 3 feet of snow and closer to 4 feet in just the last couple of weeks.  Hell here it is spring and if memory serves they're expecting 3 to 6 inches tonight.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:18 PM, the13bats said:

In the 80s when my dad was big into taxidermy he askes me one day so what do these bigfoot prints look like, ( he wasnt a believer )

I gave a run down and next time i saw him he had made a pair of hard but some flex rubber bigfoot prints that went on the bottom of boots he had made the heel toes ball etc very pronounced as to leave a good print, and he did walk around some in them, all in good fun of course.

That's what I'm talking about.  And when you strap a pair of those on they keep you pretty much near the top of the snow too leaving a really clean prints without drag marks around them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

What are you talking about?  Are you from around here?  If so you know damn well central Washington received well over 3 feet of snow and closer to 4 feet in just the last couple of weeks.  Hell here it is spring and if memory serves they're expecting 3 to 6 inches tonight.

No, I’m from Kangaroo land. No snow in my parts recently. 

But that has nothing to do with it. You’re the one bringing all this other stuff into it. 

We don’t know how deep the snow was when the prints were made. 3 feet may have fell, but it doesn’t happen instantly.

Yes of course if someone walks through 3 feet of snow, they will leave more that a neat set of prints. 

You brought up snowshoes when what you were actually posting about didn’t mention snowshoes, just postholing. I just wanted to clarify that as your comment was misleading. 

To some degree a fake foot print boot will be like a snow shoe effect,

im from fl yet the times ive been in snow i noticed some you sink in some is like ice,

But i find this moot as these arent even really footprints in this thread just marks in the snow which might be tracks of ?

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

You brought up snowshoes when what you were actually posting about didn’t mention snowshoes, just postholing. I just wanted to clarify that as your comment was misleading. 

That's because it was mentioned on the video.  (I think, Haven't actually watched since the original comment.)

I don't recall but does anyone know if he followed those tracks to see where they tailed off at?

• Like 1

Can we say "postholing" on UM?

I tend to agree this guy is seeing what he wants to see.

I didn't even see anything to give scale. These could be regular sized prints  with a regular sized stride. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alien Origins said:

I don't recall but does anyone know if he followed those tracks to see where they tailed off at?

Well they seldom do, in another thread a "ghost hunter" gets a headlight glare on flim that shoots past him, doesnt even turn the camera,.

I believe a bored fellow saw a way to get a little attention so he ssys, bigfoot prints.

Martin, It's all psychological. You yell 'deer,' everybody says 'Huh? What?' You yell 'bigfoot' we've got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July.

• Like 1

Well it seems to me that if I saw tracks I did not recognize or ever seen before I would follow them to see where they lead. I agree. Attention ***** at best. At worst just another hoax that has fooled some else into yelling Bigfoot!

• Like 2

I recall back on my old vhs collection was a show where a group of true believers checked out paranormal subjects on little themed field trips, i guess seeing wayne newton singing judy garland covers in branson wasnt exciting enough for them.

So this one lady is talking about chupracabra and while admits no clue what it is or if its even real states if she encountered one she would run up grab it touch it see what its made of.

I might not go that far but i sure wouldnt just go on about my day, i would investigate the hell out of the encounter,

That always stood out to me with patterson and gimlin, the idea was already in their circles to capture a bigfoot dead oe alive and they didnt try to track into the woods nope, they hurried back to get paster for the footprint casts, that patterson boasted to krantz he knew how to fake because he had done it before.

I really believe those guys not shooting it or at the very least trying to track it was very atypical and suspicious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

I recall back on my old vhs collection was a show where a group of true believers checked out paranormal subjects on little themed field trips, i guess seeing wayne newton singing judy garland covers in branson wasnt exciting enough for them.

So this one lady is talking about chupracabra and while admits no clue what it is or if its even real states if she encountered one she would run up grab it touch it see what its made of.

I might not go that far but i sure wouldnt just go on about my day, i would investigate the hell out of the encounter,

That always stood out to me with patterson and gimlin, the idea was already in their circles to capture a bigfoot dead oe alive and they didnt try to track into the woods nope, they hurried back to get paster for the footprint casts, that patterson boasted to krantz he knew how to fake because he had done it before.

I really believe those guys not shooting it or at the very least trying to track it was very atypical and suspicious.

The Patterson Gimlin film is a particular favourite of mine. It's a badly thought out hoax using a man in a crap suit but it's got charm. 

P&G did claim to have tracked the animal into the woods for some time until the country became too rough. I don't recall now how long they claimed to have done this for. 

15 minutes ago, oldrover said:

The Patterson Gimlin film is a particular favourite of mine. It's a badly thought out hoax using a man in a crap suit but it's got charm. 

P&G did claim to have tracked the animal into the woods for some time until the country became too rough. I don't recall now how long they claimed to have done this for. 

I am ashamed to admit the time ive put into the pgf and correct P&G did claim to have tracked it however they also claimed to have hurried back to get supplies to make the prints and they also somehow got the film in the air mail all that afternoon with some changes telling to telling, but there was a huge flap in the day because of all the mystic and lack of details on development of the film, it even upset their proponents.

have you seen the second video of  them making prints, its really a mess of inconsistencies.

At this point only a few very die hard true believers still hail the pgf as real, meldrum leads that camp.

• Like 1

Those right there are typical mothman tracks. Snow was too deep, so he needed a run up before he could lift off.

Simple logic would have that as the most likely explanation, so I'm going to believe it 'til they prove otherwise.

Couldn't have been a person, they wouldn't have needed a run up because they can't fly.

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

I am ashamed to admit the time ive put into the pgf and correct P&G did claim to have tracked it however they also claimed to have hurried back to get supplies to make the prints and they also somehow got the film in the air mail all that afternoon with some changes telling to telling, but there was a huge flap in the day because of all the mystic and lack of details on development of the film, it even upset their proponents.

have you seen the second video of  them making prints, its really a mess of inconsistencies.

At this point only a few very die hard true believers still hail the pgf as real, meldrum leads that camp.

Me too. 

Yes they did claim to have gone ba k to get plaster etc, and as you say claimed to have, at about 18:00 Friday, posted it to Deatley in Yukama ready for the film's debut on the Sunday. I belueve the ckaims of it being sent by air were later when they were called on it? 

The greatest mystery posed by the PG film is how anyone can accept any of the above, plus sll the other details.

One of the drawbacks for me was never having been able to see the second reel, can I ask you where you found it. I'd love to see it. Segments if it have surfaced recentky in an old BBC documentary, which popped up fir sale on Ebay. 

• Like 1