Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man discovers 'Bigfoot tracks' in Washington

UM-Bot

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

agreed but we're running out of choices.

"we're" no, you might ne not me and not lots of others thinking wider.

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yes. I don't at all lay responsibility for that on the naturalist who wandered upon these marks, but a volunteer BF org has said they will investigate.

Here's what I predict they will find: the tracks go on and on and suddenly... no more tracks! no big footed tracks, no human tracks, no NOTHING. *poof*

PS: Does anyone in here know what the expected value is of a BF stride?  

how long ago were the prints found when did the bforg  person 0la  to go investagate...pretty darn worthless if it been more than a few hours.

since bf are unproven unstudied there is zero proven stride value.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2019 at 4:22 PM, the13bats said:

"we're" no, you might ne not me and not lots of others thinking wider.

how long ago were the prints found when did the bforg  person 0la  to go investagate...pretty darn worthless if it been more than a few hours.

since bf are unproven unstudied there is zero proven stride value.

Even google translator gave up on you. NO IDEA!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Even google translator gave up on you. NO IDEA!

i am not sure which is the bigger mystery to me, how i got so many phone induced typos in one post,  or the fact i posted it that way or that you couldn't figure it out,

Google might suck but here you go...

"we're" ? no, you might be, not me and not lots of others thinking wider.

how long ago were the prints found when did the Bigfoot.org  person to go investagate...pretty darn worthless if it been more than a few hours.

since bf are unproven unstudied there is zero proven stride value

On 4/4/2019 at 4:36 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

PS: Does anyone in here know what the expected value is of a BF stride?  

Somewhere around the stride length of Bob Hieronimus would be a good start.

As to the distance between the tracks themselves, it depends whether they're made with the Wallace method of following a vehicle, or the Patterson method of laying them individually. They can vary wildly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, the13bats said:

i am not sure which is the bigger mystery to me, how i got so many phone induced typos in one post,  or the fact i posted it that way or that you couldn't figure it out,

Google might suck but here you go...

Well, if you feel so strongly that no creature exists maybe you shouldn't waste your time in here.

I think  I might change my methodology in here and talk to people who have not entirely blown off BF. Maybe I'll be the only one but, every particular issue one wishes to discuss gets hung up on - "since it doesn't exist... blah blah blah".

What will you ever do if it is found out that no human foot prints were found at the beginning and end of this path of prints?  Still thinking hoaxer?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Horta said:

Somewhere around the stride length of Bob Hieronimus would be a good start.

As to the distance between the tracks themselves, it depends whether they're made with the Wallace method of following a vehicle, or the Patterson method of laying them individually. They can vary wildly.

ha ha ha. you're so funny

• Thanks 1

The prospect of the creature actually existing becomes less and less likely as the years pass with no verifiable evidence or proof.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For sure, Trelane. Don't know if that window of opportunity has closed but the BF investigative group *hopefully* did something.

Th guy that found these prints, he says he followed them until the snow got too deep. Tres interesting, if true. 

10 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, if you feel so strongly that no creature exists maybe you shouldn't waste your time in here.

I think  I might change my methodology in here and talk to people who have not entirely blown off BF. Maybe I'll be the only one but, every particular issue one wishes to discuss gets hung up on - "since it doesn't exist... blah blah blah".

What will you ever do if it is found out that no human foot prints were found at the beginning and end of this path of prints?  Still thinking hoaxer?

if not being a blind true believer is to you a waste of time here then i guess im in the same boat as 98% here, but as ego driven and ridiculously assuming your statement was i dont find my time here wasted, like right now, im just winding down after a tiring day of organizing the basement and im beat, i find the forum entertaining so not a waste of time and when i get bored i log out and come back later, when i get done here im gonna do some laptop designing of wheelie bars for my trike im very ADD OCD.

blah blah blah is right, with you threatening a playground boycott and like an angry spoiled kid you wont talk to anyone who doesnt agree with you, to me that would be a true definition of wasting ones time here, im sure im on your list of those not to talk to so if you need that to feel comfortable so be it.

what will i ever do if other prints are not found at the start or finish of the track wave? i wont care at all, you need to study more about real known creatures and their tracks and how tracks can have no definitive start or finish.

your snarky remark is moot, look how long its been for any valid research to have been conducted it would have to had taken place within hours of finding the prints, and with an unbiaed eye who is savvy of the prints in the area and how they can morph in the snow,

sorry, this case is done, it yielded zero with the exception it again proves some true believers will grasp onto anything.

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Th guy that found these prints, he says he followed them until the snow got too deep. Tres interesting, if true. 

Hi Earl

13 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Could you clarify just how he knew that there were no human tracks at the beginning and end if he only followed it until it got too deep?

jmccr8

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

if not being a blind true believer is to you a waste of time here then i guess im in the same boat as 98% here, but as ego driven and ridiculously assuming your statement was i dont find my time here wasted, like right now, im just winding down after a tiring day of organizing the basement and im beat, i find the forum entertaining so not a waste of time and when i get bored i log out and come back later, when i get done here im gonna do some laptop designing of wheelie bars for my trike im very ADD OCD.

blah blah blah is right, with you threatening a playground boycott and like an angry spoiled kid you wont talk to anyone who doesnt agree with you, to me that would be a true definition of wasting ones time here, im sure im on your list of those not to talk to so if you need that to feel comfortable so be it.

what will i ever do if other prints are not found at the start or finish of the track wave? i wont care at all, you need to study more about real known creatures and their tracks and how tracks can have no definitive start or finish.

your snarky remark is moot, look how long its been for any valid research to have been conducted it would have to had taken place within hours of finding the prints, and with an unbiaed eye who is savvy of the prints in the area and how they can morph in the snow,

sorry, this case is done, it yielded zero with the exception it again proves some true believers will grasp onto anything.

First of all, I'm not a "true believer" as you put it, I am looking for the truth. That means, keep an open mind. I am also not angry at people who don't believe in BF. What I get angry at are people that respond to my earnest questions and comments with the "there's no such thing blah blah blah" - like re-education for the 10 thousandth time. Well obviously I am not aiming my questions at such a person but they have to snark me anyway. THAT p***es me off. 

If one starts a thread that talks about the possible existence of BF, of course I will talk to all. But in a thread that is about a possible BF case, why the frebolie do I Want to hear someone's diatribe on how BF does not exist for the 99th time,, especially from someone who KNOWS that I am aware of his non belief. Ok, I get it, I heard it from you 99 times, you don't believe. I really don't need to hear it from you for the 100th time.

Hope that clears it up.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Could you clarify just how he knew that there were no human tracks at the beginning and end if he only followed it until it got too deep?

jmccr8

He didn't know that. I suggested that the investigators go *look* for just that. It'll suck if they can't follow the prints due to deep snow, too.

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

First of all, I'm not a "true believer" as you put it, I am looking for the truth. That means, keep an open mind. I am also not angry at people who don't believe in BF. What I get angry at are people that respond to my earnest questions and comments with the "there's no such thing blah blah blah" - like re-education for the 10 thousandth time. Well obviously I am not aiming my questions at such a person but they have to snark me anyway. THAT p***es me off. 

If one starts a thread that talks about the possible existence of BF, of course I will talk to all. But in a thread that is about a possible BF case, why the frebolie do I Want to hear someone's diatribe on how BF does not exist for the 99th time,, especially from someone who KNOWS that I am aware of his non belief. Ok, I get it, I heard it from you 99 times, you don't believe. I really don't need to hear it from you for the 100th time.

Hope that clears it up.  

i never called you a true believer i might have written in a way that gives the reader the impression i, at that moment felt you were exhibiting traits of the "true believer". i cant speak for others but i do not see calling a person a "true believer" as an insult at least i dont mean it as one.

I hope that clears that.

I too am looking for the truth not with any biases of what i desire the truth to be but rather the truth based on evidence that is available on the case at hand, and for me ancedotal isnt evidence and that does deeply butthurts some true believers.

you know that there are pretty well defined camps here, the true believer who blindly goes on their beliefs to come to their biased conclusions that this case as example the only possible explanation is bf exists then the otherside the side that rightly makes you angry that slams the door with the disclaimer, bf doesnt exist, period end of story, and many times it includes that lecture about how can anyone be so stupid to believe.

I would be very excited if bf was proven to exist, we all know that will take a living creature, a dead creature, a body part or perhaps only a picture would do depending on source and providence of the picture.

it hasnt happened and its not the 70s where it seemed likely it would be proven at any moment, no, the evidence that we have points away from it being a living creature, still possible? sure, probable? sadly nope.

so did i just do what makes you angry in stating my opinions did i give that same diatribe and go from 99 times to 100?

i could say because i dont get emotinal over forums i get bored with all the true believers trying to push their beliefs as facts. i dont say that because i dont really care it doesnt hurt or bother me what a person believes or says to me on a forum, its not personal to me.

If all you want is to hear from others who in in this example see an unidentified track wave as likely proof of the existance of bf its not going to happen you need to understand this is a public forum for anyone to post their views and opinions not just the ones we like or agree with but all opinions. it makes it fun keeps it interesting.

perhaps just ignore posts and replies that would cause you anger, this should be fun for you.

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

He didn't know that. I suggested that the investigators go *look* for just that. It'll suck if they can't follow the prints due to deep snow, too.

Hi Earl

Snowshoes offset that problem so it's not likely that they were looking for answers over excuses. The way you presented your statement it gave the impression that it was a known and accepted fact that there were no human footprints at either end.

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

do bigfoot investorgators go on uour suggestions? i would have thought and hoped they knew what they were doing on their own.

if the prints are anything but fresh then its moot to go try to follow them, and with investagators following whats there they are adding and destroying any possible evidence.

this one is done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

i never called you a true believer i might have written in a way that gives the reader the impression i, at that moment felt you were exhibiting traits of the "true believer". i cant speak for others but i do not see calling a person a "true believer" as an insult at least i dont mean it as one.

I hope that clears that.

I too am looking for the truth not with any biases of what i desire the truth to be but rather the truth based on evidence that is available on the case at hand, and for me ancedotal isnt evidence and that does deeply butthurts some true believers.

Anecdotal evidence is not the end all but it is interesting. In this case, it is not yet clear.

you know that there are pretty well defined camps here, the true believer who blindly goes on their beliefs to come to their biased conclusions that this case as example the only possible explanation is bf exists then the otherside the side that rightly makes you angry that slams the door with the disclaimer, bf doesnt exist, period end of story, and many times it includes that lecture about how can anyone be so stupid to believe.

Yup on both. Now, if someone in here wants  to show me why this case is not a case of BF - such as showing a hoaxer confess to it, fine. but just saying it can't be  bf because bf does not exist, well, that's just a big waste of time.

I would be very excited if bf was proven to exist, we all know that will take a living creature, a dead creature, a body part or perhaps only a picture would do depending on source and providence of the picture.

it hasnt happened and its not the 70s where it seemed likely it would be proven at any moment, no, the evidence that we have points away from it being a living creature, still possible? sure, probable? sadly nope.

so did i just do what makes you angry in stating my opinions did i give that same diatribe and go from 99 times to 100?

As long as I know that you are not a "true disbeliever", we will converse.

i could say because i dont get emotinal over forums i get bored with all the true believers trying to push their beliefs as facts. i dont say that because i dont really care it doesnt hurt or bother me what a person believes or says to me on a forum, its not personal to me.

If all you want is to hear from others who in in this example see an unidentified track wave as likely proof of the existance of bf its not going to happen

No! What I want are objective comments from people who are trying to prove it *one way or the other* based on evidences. I am not here to listen to delicious lies as much as I am not here to  listen unsubstantiated propaganda from the true disbeliever 

you need to understand this is a public forum for anyone to post their views and opinions not just the ones we like or agree with but all opinions. it makes it fun keeps it interesting.

perhaps just ignore posts and replies that would cause you anger, this should be fun for you.

Pretty hard to ignore when the gun is aimed at your head. "tin foil hatter"  bs. there's no need of that.  you've seen it. 

Please can someone explain to me, why are people on a site if they don't believe? Why be negative and smug people who believe or has had there own experience? Why can't BF be real? Do you have proof he is not real? One thing I learned in life when skepticism comes around they always want the believers to prove it is real well for believers like me in crypto and ghost and U.F.O PLEASE PROVE US WRONG. So then proof we are wrong, till then please stop being ignorant and calling ppl lier's 

Edited by Abilityperson
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Abilityperson said:

Please can someone explain to me, why are people on a site if they don't believe? Why be negative and smug people who believe or has had there own experience? Why can't BF be real? Do you have proof he is not real? One thing I learned in life when skepticism comes around they always want the believers to prove it is real well for believers like me in crypto and ghost and U.F.O PLEASE PROVE US WRONG. So then proof we are wrong, till then please stop being ignorant and calling ppl lier's 

AbilityPerson, I personally am not sure-sure that BF exists however, I feel it could exist and does, and I want to know what the truth is, and all views should be acceptable in here . In the meantime, I understand why the skeptics put the onus on us to prove it, that is not a problem for me.

As for why they are here...? I have asked several of them that same question. It is strange. It should feel to them like it would for me to go to the Santa Claus boards to tell kids there is no Santa. Is that a way to have a good time??  very strange to me.

But they have the right to be here and can sometimes be Ok company.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1

do bigfoot investorgators go on uour suggestions?

Ridiculous question bats, c'mon. Do I have to waste time talking about this

i would have thought and hoped they knew what they were doing on their own.

Maybe. These are not pros, they are volunteers. no telling what the can do, or not.

if the prints are anything but fresh then its moot to go try to follow them,

Really? Prints in deep snow can last a long time. I wouldn't toss them out right off.

and with investagators following whats there they are adding and destroying any possible evidence.

If they could video a helicopter view that would be cool. but whatever, just don't walk all over the prints. take vids. measurements. But try to find the beginning and end of the prints at all costs

this one is done.

Likely done bun not known

On 3/9/2019 at 5:06 AM, third_eye said:

Maybe Sasquatch is running for the next election

~

Hi Third_eye

I was thinking Trump getting out to get some on the sly.

jmccr8

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Third_eye

I was thinking Trump getting out to get some on the sly.

jmccr8

Funny thing is , I have read that it was Melania getting away from 'tiny ' hands

~

• Haha 1

Just now, third_eye said:

Funny thing is , I have read that it was Melania getting away from 'tiny ' hands

~

Sooo,...the leprechauns are in on it too, what next Russians. :lol:

jmccr8

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

you know trump is sorta kinda built like the creature in the patterson gimlin film.

why am i here , why are disbeliever here who will or wont converse with me..anecdotal proves zip...etc ad nauseam .blah blah and big blah.

any and all that i have answered countless times and it doesnt matter how its repackaged its lame trollio bs and beating a dead horse for some to harp on it,

i as a person who doesnt believe in bigfoot due to the miriad of evidence against it but who still is open for proof i will again state the fact disproving means zip proving is what counts and that is not my burden, if belief is enough for a person more power to them, me, i need to see it.

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

you know trump is sorta kinda built like the creature in the patterson gimlin film.

why am i here , why are disbeliever here who will or wont converse with me..anecdotal proves zip...etc ad nauseam .blah blah and big blah.

any and all that i have answered countless times and it doesnt matter how its repackaged its lame trollio bs and beating a dead horse for some to harp on it,

i as a person who doesnt believe in bigfoot due to the miriad of evidence against it but who still is open for proof i will again state the fact disproving means zip proving is what counts and that is not my burden, if belief is enough for a person more power to them, me, i need to see it.

Love thy enemy unless it is the enemy of my enemy then were are a team and after them well it is a world domination thing so your next.:lol:

jmccr8

• Confused 1

On 4/6/2019 at 5:17 PM, Abilityperson said:

I think you have the idea a bit off.

The burden is on those trying to show something exists. There is no need to prove believers wrong. That is asking for evidence when the believer has no evidence. The onus is on the believer to provide evidence to support their case.

Telling believers that they have no evidence should be clear to the believer. That's not being negative but pointing out a simple truth. 

You asked why BF can't be real. The question is really what evidence supports the existence of BF?

Are there skeletal remains suggesting BF exists? No.

Is there a body? No.

Is there DNA that indicates an unknown hominid exists in North America? No.

So what is there? It all starts with anecdotes. There are lots of stories. There are a few photos and videos. There are also foot prints.

Stories are stories. There are plenty of stories of monsters under beds. Are you saying that there might be monsters under beds? So far there are just stories and the experiencers want everyone to accept their experiences as truth.

Photos and videos are often very poor. They are blobsquatches for the most part. There is the PG film which looks like a fake to me. To others it appears to be a genuine encounter with a BF.

Foot prints. They come in all varieties with differing numbers of toes and shapes.

What is interesting is that people have been looking for BF for 70 years, maybe longer. Why hasn't one been shot by a hunter, killed by a forest fire, flood, storm, lightning, car, etc.? 

You have to admit it is strange that not a single cryptozoologist has ever turned up a new species while real researchers have turned up thousands of new species a year.

• Thanks 1