Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Bug Crawled Out Of My Ear? How?

BuddingPsychic1111

All of a sudden, a literal insect just crawled out of my ear!  I have no clue how this was possible, but I can't help but think somehow it was in my head?!?!?!  How or if that's possible, I don't know, but I literally felt something crawling like inside of my ear, didn't feel it crawling in.  And then I flicked with my finger, and there's a bug?  Crawling out of my ear?  Where could it possibly have come from?  I mean, surely there has to be an explanation other than that it was inside my head.  But I just don't know what else to think.  This is just too weird

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111

It crawled into your ear earlier. I don't see how even you could miss this one.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

The real concern is when they crawl in through one ear, then out through the other.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Sounds like there's enough space in there for a whole jungle full.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

True story, an elderly woman I know, had some kind of insect fly in to one ear, her husband took a look, told her there was nothing there, but she felt it had affected her hearing. She put some drops of medicinal olive oil in, hoping it would help get out whatever might still be there. No result. Many years later, she felt she was needing hearing aids, went to a doctor, who peered into the ear with the instrument, then plucked out the well preserved insect, that had sat there for what she said was decades. Yeah, I found it hard to believe, too, but was definitely a true story, apparently.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

It crawled into your ear earlier. I don't see how even you could miss this one.

I don't know?  But I didn't feel it or anything?  When I think about it though, I don't see how it couldn't have?  

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111

I had some bugs after I met a bad lady,Quick trip to the chemist and I was fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I don't know?  But I didn't feel it or anything?  When I think about it though, I don't see how it couldn't have?  

It could have happened while you were asleep. You do sleep yes?

Bugs in your ears could also be a valid explanation as to why you have pretty much been the most bizarre member on UM in recent history.

Can you go and get checked out by your local trusted health care professionals please. You might really have an insect infestation in your ear. It does happen.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Timothy said:

You do sleep yes?

IDK sleep deprivation would explain a lot

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You just wait for the punchline, the budding psychic always delivers !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

True story, an elderly woman I know, had some kind of insect fly in to one ear, her husband took a look, told her there was nothing there, but she felt it had affected her hearing. She put some drops of medicinal olive oil in, hoping it would help get out whatever might still be there. No result. Many years later, she felt she was needing hearing aids, went to a doctor, who peered into the ear with the instrument, then plucked out the well preserved insect, that had sat there for what she said was decades. Yeah, I found it hard to believe, too, but was definitely a true story, apparently.

It is actually believable. There is no such thing as "medicinal" olive oil. That's just woocrap. The oil gelled after killing the insect and left it stuck to the canal wall. 

@BuddingPsychic1111  Your problem is actually common for people who live in filthy conditions.   Dude you seriously need some help. No kidding. :hmm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

There is no such thing as "medicinal" olive oil.

I have seen it sold as such by pharma companies.

Faulding® since 1845. Faulding ® has been synonymous with pharmacy since 1845.

s-l300.jpg

Its probably ten times the price and just olive oil ,same as a lot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I have seen it sold as such by pharma companies.

Who says they are honest? 

It's probably just clarified and pasteurized. That doesn't give it any more health values. Pasteurizing might actually break down the omega 3 content. 

and it certainly shouldn't be put in your ears. 

• Like 2

12606-600-600-380-5785-jpg.png

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

:lol: Doesn't mean it's actually good and works well.  

Warm water gently softens ear wax too. But that isn't always good. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I'm not denying it exists. I'm saying it's not a good idea. 

• Like 1

Anyway, it defeats me how anyone could have an insect stuck in their ear for many years, and only find out when going for a hearing aid. The fault was her husband's, she told me. He shone a torch in her ear, and said there was nothing there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Anyway, it defeats me how anyone could have an insect stuck in their ear for many years, and only find out when going for a hearing aid. The fault was her husband's, she told me. He shone a torch in her ear, and said there was nothing there.

A handlight doesn't show you everything.  Even the cute little one made for ears. You actually should go to a doctor with ear issues.

I've used peroxide or a warm water-alcohol mix on patients in the field ( that isn't even good) and checked for blood. But I always told them tell the doctor to look.

You want to know why pharma doesn't always have good ideas? Google Purdue Pharma. :hmm:

• Like 2

Reminds me of an episode of the "Night Gallery", called THE CATERPILLAR.  I had nightmares about that one...

• Like 3

The explanation is quite simple: it came from the other ear. It passed the void.

• Haha 4

Didn't give yourself the willys reading Wikipedia again did you?

The scientific name for the order, "Dermaptera", is Greek in origin, stemming from the words derma, meaning skin, and pteron (plural ptera), wing. It was coined by Charles De Geer in 1773. The common term, earwig, is derived from the Old English ēare, which means "ear", and wicga, which means "insect", or literally, "beetle".[2] Entomologists suggest that the origin of the name is a reference to the appearance of the hindwings, which are unique and distinctive among insects, and resemble a human ear when unfolded.[3][4] The name is more popularly thought to be related to the old wives' tale that earwigs burrowed into the brains of humans through the ear and laid their eggs there.[5]Earwigs are not known to purposefully climb into ear canals, but there have been anecdotal reports of earwigs being found in the ear.[6]