Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How can scientists hide evidence alien life?

Hello,

How could some scientists hide the evidence of the existence of extraterrestrial life to all the other scientists and to official Science?

How could a scientist gets such an evidence yet doesn't inform other scientists, fearing discredit, losing job/funds, etc?

Could they still be considered actual scientists?

Edit: I also think about some scientists who would allegedly have had to deal with extraterrestrial presence in some secret military bases.

Edit: I personally believe there exists extraterrestrial life but I can't confirm such an existence as long as no scientific evidence is officially known.

Edited by anton00
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

Why would they? It's illogical! They would be famous!

"Cover up" is always a excuse for "I think this but have nothing."

I was accused of covering up archaeology and geology discoveries because I was one of the people looking for the Younger Dryas Impact and found no evidence. I would of loved to find evidence. I would of made a name for my self at Smithsonian.

The saddest part was my accuser never looked for evidence themselves. Just went by some lame brained theory made up by someone who also didn't look for evidence. 

I edited my topic-post right after reading your answer:

" I also think about some scientists who would have had to deal with extraterrestrial presence in some secret military bases. "

What about scientists in secret military facilities, dealing with the existence of extraterrestrial life there, obliged to keep it all secret?

Does this even exist? Can there be a "hidden Science" about alien life forms?

(I'm sorry for your story. Have you recovered from it all? I do hope so. Is there anything positive you've learned from that experience?)

9 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

I guess they can hide it in the same way you hide the proof their hiding it. 

They'd have not much to hide then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, anton00 said:

" I also think about some scientists who would have had to deal with extraterrestrial presence in some secret military bases. "

I was in the military security field and knew guys who guarded the Skunk Works at Area 51. There are also several former special ops guys who are members here that know people there.  Sorry, no aliens. 

4 minutes ago, anton00 said:

(I'm sorry for your story. Have you recovered from it all? I do hope so. Is there anything positive you've learned from that experience?)

It was no big deal. It happened here and my accuser was a fool everyone else saw as a fool.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

I was in the military security field and knew guys who guarded the Skunk Works at Area 51. There are also several former special ops guys who are members here that know people there.  Sorry, no aliens.

There's no need to be sorry. I believe there exists extraterrestrial life and I look forward to the scientific evidence of that. I rely on Science for that.

Edited by anton00
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, anton00 said:

There's no need to be sorry. I believe extraterrestrial life and I look forward to the scientific evidence of that. I rely on Science for that.

And if somebody actually finds it, you can be sure as hell that it will be all over the world media. :yes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

And if somebody actually finds it, you can be sure as hell that it will be all over the world media. :yes:

That's what we can "normally" expect indeed ^^

Unless those life forms happen to be an imminent global threat, I'd be celebrating that day when such an evidence would be announced :sk

Edited by anton00
  • Like 1

hide evidence of ..... first thing comes to mind,.... YEAH LIKE FLAT EARTH

YOu know when they went to the moon all that hoopla a while back, well--

.... could be like that first movie (ITS ALWAYS THE FIRST ONE that's worth anything or any good...)) " ALIEN " [ Sigourney Weaver ]

and they never told anyone, that's why the Astronauts were tight lipped and always squirming in their seats or acting weird in front of the cameras.

HEY IT COULD HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!! /sarc

Thanks for the love I always like to toss a bit of humour into everything you know, LIVENS THINGS UP A BIT LIKE DANCING ON A POOL TABLE DOWN IN HONKYTONK TOWN!  ..... update: no replys please now I'm off to find another barrel

OF WINE!

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, anton00 said:

Unless those life forms happen to be an imminent global threat.

Then it would be all over NHK.

The Japanese media doesn't **** around. There is honor and reputation at stake. They don't even try any American type bull****. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, anton00 said:

That's what we can "normally" expect indeed ^^

Unless those life forms happen to be an imminent global threat, I'd be celebrating that day when such an evidence would be announced :sk

THere's really no reason for them to be a threat. By the time a civilization is at a technology level that makes interstellar travel feasible they likely have ways to get any resource they wish from uninhabited planets, moons, asteroids and gas clouds. Why waste time and lives by fighting us at that point?

I think it will be interesting when, and if, we find aliens or aliens find us. Something new and unexpected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Then it would be all over NHK.

The Japanese media doesn't **** around. There is honor and reputation at stake. They don't even try any American type bull****. 

All Earthlings know the Japanese do it better.

Well... I dare expect an evidence of the existence of extraterrestrial life (be it primitive or evolved) before I'm unable to process any information.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

I think it will be interesting when, and if, we find aliens or aliens find us. Something new and unexpected.

We Natives secretly hope it's another "Columbian Exchange" scenario.

Karma's a b****. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, anton00 said:

All Earthlings know the Japanese do it better.

It's not that. It's about honesty.

If you are a journalist in Japan and you are caught lying or showing political bias your sleeping on the streets of Nagasaki and eating somen out of a gutter so quick you'd have whiplash landing on the curb. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

THere's really no reason for them to be a threat. By the time a civilization is at a technology level that makes interstellar travel feasible they likely have ways to get any resource they wish from uninhabited planets, moons, asteroids and gas clouds. Why waste time and lives by fighting us at that point?

Something more evolved, helpful, interesting, inspiring.

If you look at Humankind, at how it tends to destroy, to be invasive, its greed and if you imagine it after 2 centuries of steady evolution, that could be pretty scary for alien neighbors, couldn't it? We extrapolate from what we know, i.e. ourselves (regarding alleged evolved aliens).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's not that. It's about honesty.

If you are a journalist in Japan and you are caught lying or showing political bias your sleeping on the streets of Nagasaki and eating somen out of a gutter so quick you'd have whiplash landing on the curb. 

That's impressive. I can't imagine the effects of such a policy in France. Without mentioning the US.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, anton00 said:

That's impressive. I can't imagine the effects of such a policy in France. Without mentioning the US.

I don't even watch the American news. I watch NHK World News and I watch the BBC for a giggle. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

We Natives secretly hope it's another "Columbian Exchange" scenario.

Karma's a b****. 

That very well might happen! Considering all the theories about how the cologies of different planets might very well poisonous to one another...  Be prepared for the Trappistrian Exchange :lol:

4 minutes ago, anton00 said:

Something more evolved, helpful, interesting, inspiring.

If you look at Humankind, at how it tends to destroy, to be invasive, its greed and if you imagine it after 2 centuries of steady evolution, that could be pretty scary for alien neighbors, couldn't it? We extrapolate from what we know, i.e. ourselves (regarding alleged evolved aliens).

Oh I'm not really trying to paint potential alien visitors as helpful or benevolent here (though they could very well be, or the could be a species that likes destroying other lifeforms, everything possible).

Just put yourself into the shoes of an advanced alien. Your species has awesome spaceships that can traverse the stars. Say your civilization needs water. Where do you rather go for that water: those uninhabited ice asteroids over there where you can farm it in peace or that little planet over there where there's not only less water overall than in all those asteroids combined, but there's this civilization of irritable little apes that will throw bombs at you if you come to close and take their water? Sure they might not be able to destroy you, but they'd be annoying and hinder your efforts.
Simple matter of convenience I think.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

That very well might happen! Considering all the theories about how the cologies of different planets might very well poisonous to one another...  Be prepared for the Trappistrian Exchange :lol:

15 minutes ago, anton00 said:

Out of likes. So here!

:tu:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I don't even watch the American news. I watch NHK World News and I watch the BBC for a giggle. 

On TV, I only watch French TV news channels.

Online, it's a mix of French- and English-speaking news.

On radio, I listen to BBC radio4.

In case of evidence of extraterrestrial life, I'd rely on astrobiological information sources. It would be so easy to get fake or distorted news otherwise. Astrobiologists can provide untrue information too, unintentionally. Who to trust? ^^

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Oh I'm not really trying to paint potential alien visitors as helpful or benevolent here (though they could very well be, or the could be a species that likes destroying other lifeforms, everything possible).

Just put yourself into the shoes of an advanced alien. Your species has awesome spaceships that can traverse the stars. Say your civilization needs water. Where do you rather go for that water: those uninhabited ice asteroids over there where you can farm it in peace or that little planet over there where there's not only less water overall than in all those asteroids combined, but there's this civilization of irritable little apes that will throw bombs at you if you come to close and take their water? Sure they might not be able to destroy you, but they'd be annoying and hinder your efforts.
Simple matter of convenience I think.  

:)

It's not easy to be pragmatic in those reasonings. This has a lot to do with thought experiments as well. What else can we do anyway?

Imagine a day when media announce there's an evidence of the existence of extraterrestrial life: what kind of extraterrestrial life forms do you think it could be about? (just for fun)

12 minutes ago, anton00 said:

On radio, I listen to BBC radio4.

After Brexit, the radio waves will stop at Dover. :yes:

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, acute said:

After Brexit, the radio waves will stop at Dover. :yes:

There is no evidence of the existence of alien life... because of Brexit!

• Haha 4