Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How can scientists hide evidence alien life?

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

How would you describe your on-water experience around SE Queensland?  Could unconscious competence explain your dream?

Extensive experience, and camped at that creek many times, but there is no reason why there would be buses, workers, earthmoving equipment, and a beach all raked. It is a National Park, there are no roads in the area, either. Even after that dream, the idea of an oil spill did not occur to me, I just considered it a crazy dream that was not representative of anything that would happen in reality. Quite the opposite. The spill came from merchant ship that lost containers in heavy weather, one cannoned into the side of the ship. and the sharp corner punctured an oil tank, spreading oil over a wide area.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Extensive experience, and camped at that creek many times, but there is no reason why there would be buses, workers, earthmoving equipment, and a beach all raked. It is a National Park, there are no roads in the area, either. Even after that dream, the idea of an oil spill did not occur to me, I just considered it a crazy dream that was not representative of anything that would happen in reality. Quite the opposite. The spill came from merchant ship that lost containers in heavy weather, one cannoned into the side of the ship. and the sharp corner punctured an oil tank, spreading oil over a wide area.

Maybe you like Joni Mitchell ...

8 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Maybe you like Joni Mitchell ...

?????? The most convincing part, the camera shot of the workers milling around by the buses, and the spot and camera angle, 100% congruity. And I had to watch that particular TV stations bulletin, or may not have twigged. A million to one chance, when totalled up.

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

?????? The most convincing part, the camera shot of the workers milling around by the buses, and the spot and camera angle, 100% congruity. And I had to watch that particular TV stations bulletin, or may not have twigged. A million to one chance, when totalled up.

Your words ...

24 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Extensive experience, and camped at that creek many times, but there is no reason why there would be buses, workers, earthmoving equipment, and a beach all raked. It is a National Park, there are no roads in the area, either. ...

... reminded me of Big Yellow Taxi.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Habitat said:

So far as the dream predictions are concerned, the most convincing was one I has that seemingly predicted an occurrence where oil came ashore from a shipping accident off SE Queensland. In the dream, I saw earthmovers (end loaders), buses, workers in high-visibility clothing, and, significantly, the beach looking as of it had all been raked or scarified, at a very particular spot at Moreton Island, that being the last creek along the main beach, heading north. Years after the dream, the accident occurred, and what do I see, on a TV news report, the whole lot as described above, and at that exact point, on a beach that is 25 miles long.  Even the workers were milling around outside the buses, as if they have finished the job, as per the dream. The oily sand had been raked up into small heaps by the workers, and scooped up by the loaders. There is just no way this scenario was just co-incidence, the oil was not part of the dream, but neither was it obvious in the news story at that point on the beach, it has already been collected. It that was the only such dream I ever had, I would probably still have some slight reservation, but there have been many other such dreams, and I would be nuts to deny that it is real.

OK, that's certainly an interesting scenario. May I respectfully ask what the time frame between this dream and the incident was? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

OK, that's certainly an interesting scenario. May I respectfully ask what the time frame between this dream and the incident was? 

Not sure, but it was several years, 3-5 perhaps. As I have mentioned before, I can't recall on any other occasion, waking from a dream and vocalizing the words. "as if that could ****ing happen". But that is what I did !

8 hours ago, Habitat said:

In my very sober judgement, I believe he is quite correct. Based on sustained experience. It is "only" the subconscious mind, is the word of someone firmly lodged in the conscious.

Our subconscious is lodged in something much bigger than us. It's like a wi-fi that we login during the night so that we can surf on the internet. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

So far as the dream predictions are concerned, the most convincing was one I has that seemingly predicted an occurrence where oil came ashore from a shipping accident off SE Queensland. In the dream, I saw earthmovers (end loaders), buses, workers in high-visibility clothing, and, significantly, the beach looking as of it had all been raked or scarified, at a very particular spot at Moreton Island, that being the last creek along the main beach, heading north. Years after the dream, the accident occurred, and what do I see, on a TV news report, the whole lot as described above, and at that exact point, on a beach that is 25 miles long.  Even the workers were milling around outside the buses, as if they have finished the job, as per the dream. The oily sand had been raked up into small heaps by the workers, and scooped up by the loaders. There is just no way this scenario was just co-incidence, the oil was not part of the dream, but neither was it obvious in the news story at that point on the beach, it has already been collected. It that was the only such dream I ever had, I would probably still have some slight reservation, but there have been many other such dreams, and I would be nuts to deny that it is real.

Don't try to convict them...there is no point. They will always give some ridiculous 'rational' answer that makes no sense but they will believe it because they have their own bias. Personally, I had hundreds of precognitive dreams during these 32 years of my life. They are spontaneous and I can't really order them like a movie in the video club but they are there.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Our subconscious is lodged in something much bigger than us. It's like a wi-fi that we login during the night so that we can surf on the internet. :)

In some sense, that analogy may not be far from the truth.

• Haha 1

Just now, Habitat said:

In some sense, that analogy may not be far from the truth.

In literal sense. Tesla said smth like - there is one core in the universe from which I got all my ideas.

If you have any experience with dreams of this sort there is no back. Ridiculous so-called rational explanations are just lack of experience. And not to mention how many famous people in the past had those dreams. One of them is president Lincoln who dreamt about his assassination. And was he able to stop it? Of course not.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Don't try to convict them...there is no point. They will always give some ridiculous 'rational' answer that makes no sense but they will believe it because they have their own bias. Personally, I had hundreds of precognitive dreams during these 32 years of my life. They are spontaneous and I can't really order them like a movie in the video club but they are there.

I think there is a strong resistance to such ideas from those with a carefully cultivated rational sense, but that really shouldn't be an issue, it does not lessen the utility of rational thinking, it just puts it into a larger perspective.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

I think there is a strong resistance to such ideas from those with a carefully cultivated rational sense, but that really shouldn't be an issue, it does not lessen the utility of rational thinking, it just puts it into a larger perspective.

People sometimes miss rational thinking with their own ignorance. Rational thinking won't give you all the information. Check Einstein's thought on intuition for example.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrumanB said:

People sometimes miss rational thinking with their own ignorance. Rational thinking won't give you all the information. Check Einstein's thought on intuition for example.

You said I was very bias a few posts back. Not at all. I'm a multi-generational shaman who started my training 40 years ago and have been around "workers'" ( not "believers") all my life. I know how it works. The difference between me and other Native shaman is I'm not about putting on a big "dog and pony show" making you a believer. I'll tell you how it works. I'll explain all the B.S. and tricks. 

Edited by Piney
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

You said I was very bias a few posts back. Not at all. I'm a multi-generational shaman who started my training 40 years ago and have been around "workers'" ( not "believers") all my life. I know how it works. The difference between me and other Native shaman is I'm not about putting on a big "dog and pony show" making you a believer. I'll tell you how it works. I'll explain all the B.S. and tricks. 

Sadly, some want, need just cant live without the dogs and ponies :hmm:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Sadly, some want, need just cant live without the dogs and ponies :hmm:

I know. If you notice when I'm helping with hauntings I'm using psychology and just making it sound supernatural. 

• Like 1

How can scientists hide evidence, pretty easy from what l have seen.

Scare the crap out of the population with the scariest, so called leaked alien Youtube conversations they can think off!

Then they can explain away all of their holes in the data with See Spot Run explanations.

Works like a charm.

B)

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, tmcom said:

How can scientists hide evidence, pretty easy from what l have seen.

Scare the crap out of the population with the scariest, so called leaked alien Youtube conversations they can think off!

Then they can explain away all of their holes in the data with See Spot Run explanations.

Works like a charm.

B)

Only crackpots like yourself use Youtube as a "scientific source".

• Thanks 2

On 10/03/2019 at 8:20 PM, anton00 said:

Something more evolved, helpful, interesting, inspiring.

That's not what evolution is. The phrase "more evolved" is kinda meaningless. We're just as "evolved" as any other animal on the planet, evolution has no goal of "helpfulness".

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

That's not what evolution is. The phrase "more evolved" is kinda meaningless. We're just as "evolved" as any other animal on the planet, evolution has no goal of "helpfulness".

I confess I was not quite satisfied by the "more evolved" I typewrote then. But I posted it anyway.

I meant hypothetical extraterrestrials who would be at least as technologically advanced as Earthlings. What adjectival form (or any form) would you use?.

Edited by anton00
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 3:20 PM, TrumanB said:

You are very biased. If you had any contact with him wouldn't write that nonsense. But it's you're right to think whatever you want. :)

by the way, I visited Santa Barbara around 11 years ago. Very nice town.

I visited Santa Barbara around 11 years ago. Very nice town.

Been there once and it was my last time.....Good old Fort Irwin California..Never agian.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alien Origins said:

Been there once and it was my last time.....Good old Fort Irwin California..Never agian.

Hop down to Sedona, Arizona. You'd wish you had a few LAWs and WPs handy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Again no ships or bones of aliens ever found:)

Or it has been found and buried extremely well.

B)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Habitat said:

Not sure, but it was several years, 3-5 perhaps. As I have mentioned before, I can't recall on any other occasion, waking from a dream and vocalizing the words. "as if that could ****ing happen". But that is what I did !

I believe you. However, as Golden Duck ventured, what specifically rules out self fulfilling prophesy, unconscious perception and memory bias? 

Why could they not factor in here? What excludes them? 

• Thanks 1