Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lake Michigan UFO enigma endures 25 years on

UM-Bot

Calling truman, heres one for you.

Once again, don't we have government military and aeronautical radar and other resources that could chime in on this. But we wouldn't trust anything they say at face value anyway at this point. And it also likely they don't know what  it was all about themselves.

The cases rack up and I have to heavily lean to believing non-human intelligence is involved.

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Once again, don't we have government military and aeronautical radar and other resources that could chime in on this. But we wouldn't trust anything they say at face value anyway at this point. And it also likely they don't know what  it was all about themselves.

The cases rack up and I have to heavily lean to believing non-human intelligence is involved.

Or human non-intelligence...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One witness, Cindy Pravda of Grand Haven, recalled seeing four strange lights in the sky that night.

Cindy "Pravda". Lol.

There is a huge amount of commercial and private aircraft, and lots of other air traffic (emergency services choppers, etc) over the Great Lakes..

And all you need to do is get a sighting mentioned on a media outlet - people will rush outside and look up for the first time in their uneducated, unobservant lives, and omigod, I saw it too, it's alienz...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know how they missed this, they may as well be reporting it too; here’s a video from last year:

Note that other reports say it was about 60 people, not hundreds, and also..... apparently, cameras had not been invented in 1994.  I can't find any related footage.   Gosh, what a shame.  (The MIB have been busy eliminating all evidence, obviously..)

Navigation lights on aircraft? The witnesses reported seeing the same colors, red, green and white that are mounted on aircraft to warn other aircraft of their location. The radar operator was a rookie, and specialized in weather returns, not air traffic. Like chrlz mentioned, OHare airport is down the shore and is the busiest airport in the Midwest. I�m sure the witnesses certainly seen something, as MUFON claims they interviewed at least 300 witnesses.

http://michigansotherside.com/the-1994-michigan-ufo-flap/

This article goes a bit in depth on testimony.  

https://wsbt.com/news/regional/25-years-later-one-of-michigans-most-famous-ufo-events-remains-a-mystery

Edited by EnderOTD
Added link I intended to post

There are several airports in that stretch, Milwaukee, Chicago, Grand Rapids, Michigan City, those are just the ones I bothered to google.  I’m confused on why the police didn’t contact one of the air traffic controllers, and opted for the meteorological controllers.