Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman blacks out, forgets last 40 years

UM-Bot

Wow... she gets to learn about Mars landers, PCs and all sorts of other neat stuff!  :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, travelnjones said:

Man to get to hear all those sweat ass 80's songs again brand new.  Piece of Mind, Escape, Nothingface

But just think of being subjected to hearing today's pop music without a gradual degradation in artistic quality.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, and then said:

Wow... she gets to learn about Mars landers, PCs and all sorts of other neat stuff!  :w00t:

I guess she could but she doesn't strike me as being the kind of person who has an interest in Mars landers.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

But just think of being subjected to hearing today's pop music without a gradual degradation in artistic quality.

eww that would be awful,  just that song where the guy only loves his mom and his bed.  I don't know who that is but its horrible, they had it playing in the bathroom at my work.

• Haha 2

Sounds like she had a stroke or an aneurism. I�m no Dr. but it seems like that part of her brain that houses those memories where destroyed... I have family members who have suffered and suffer from those, pretty much forgot about whole sections of their life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AstralHorus said:

Sounds like she had a stroke or an aneurism. I�m no Dr. but it seems like that part of her brain that houses those memories where destroyed... I have family members who have suffered and suffer from those, pretty much forgot about whole sections of their life.

I was going to say this.  I had a stroke from a aneurysm breaking. It took months but then the memories came back in a flood. I don't think they all did though. 

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, travelnjones said:

just that song where the guy only loves his mom and his bed.  I don't know who that is but its horrible

Norman Bates? :huh:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Could be Ed Gain :-p

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Impedancer said:

Could be Ed Gain :-p

Hitchcock wrote the character Norman Bates based on Ed Gain for those who dont know who he was check out the link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Piney said:

No its some awful song. I looked it up and its by Drake.  I looked and Drake is from Degrassi High and a Sprite commercial.

• Haha 3

Ctrl Alt Del - End memory processes   

Edited by TripGun

On 3/11/2019 at 1:20 PM, OverSword said:

Wow... hadn't thought about that downside.  Sheesh, maximum overload, breakers thrown and depression ensues ;) 

17 hours ago, Piney said:

I was going to say this.  I had a stroke from a aneurysm breaking. It took months but then the memories came back in a flood. I don't think they all did though. 

Man, you are one lucky individual.  Hemorrhagic strokes usually have REALLY poor outcomes unless the patient happens to have the episode while in the hospital with good docs around immediately.  Bore holes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

Man, you are one lucky individual.  Hemorrhagic strokes usually have REALLY poor outcomes unless the patient happens to have the episode while in the hospital with good docs around immediately.  Bore holes?

No, I was "bush". I was having SP and seizures afterwards. I lost a major chunk of memory. It was insane. My arms both started to hurt for no reasons. The I was having breathing problems and it felt like I was being punched in the head. I thought my bad valve finally stuck shut or open. I just laid there waiting to die.  2 weeks later my sister talked me into going to the doctor who sent me to a cardiologist and neurologist. They both said I was really lucky and don't know how I survived. No bore holes. I was already long past the episode. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

yea there was a story about a guy in Russia who fell down hit his head, was picked up by an ambulance, brought to a hospital , and he claimed he forgot who he was. but doctors did get his prints without him knowing, and cops found him in a database, he was known mobster. he never forgot who he was, he faked amnesia to hide from cops  and rival gang. 

but yea stroke can wipe your memory, but it's the least of issues with a stroke