Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women are losing mother side?

Relam

17 hours ago, Coil said:

If a person had a higher mind, he would know how to act correctly and unmistakably but for the time being he needs instructions.

So, from your statements, I presume you believe that you are one of the 'higher minds'? Especially since you are so determined that you know what is right for everyone else...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, marsman said:

hmmmm....ok then....so whats your philosophy about psychology and religion?   and yes...that sentence makes sense

I am the supporter of Hinduism as the highest stage in the development of practical philosophy through religious knowledge.

Jodie.Lynne So, from your statements, I presume you believe that you are one of the 'higher minds'? Especially since you are so determined that you know what is right for everyone else...

I'm just trying to bring a rational thought to you, although there are many people who are against abortion and gay people and they are not religious people, they just know what is normal and what is not normal.

3 hours ago, Coil said:

they just know what is normal and what is not normal.

Define normal.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Define normal.

The 10 commandments are the most important and normal laws  which our laws are based on one way or another

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Coil said:

The 10 commandments are the most important and normal laws  which our laws are based on one way or another

Our's aren't. Neither is the laws in many Asian countries. They are based on Confucianism.  

Our ( the Algonquian) only major "commandment" is "Take no unnecessary life". That includes plant life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Coil said:

I am the supporter of Hinduism as the highest stage in the development of practical philosophy through religious knowledge.

They don't accept converts. So you never truly studied it. 

7 hours ago, Coil said:

I'm just trying to bring a rational thought to you, although there are many people who are against abortion and gay people and they are not religious people, they just know what is normal and what is not normal.

My people accept both homosexuality and abortion and my particular type of Shaman performed abortions prior to contact. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Piney said:

They don't accept converts. So you never truly studied it. 

My people accept both homosexuality and abortion and my particular type of Shaman performed abortions prior to contact. 

Then I do not wonder why your people are so small and they pushed into the reservation.

28 minutes ago, Coil said:
Then I do not wonder why your people are so small and they pushed into the reservation.

:lol: Do you actually read any real history or just Newage dreck? 

Diseases from the whites killed off close to 90 percent of us in the first 50 years of contact. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

What can you do, such is the tragedy of the nations.

Coil, your religious mishmash is just a smokescreen for some obvious misogyny and sexist thinking, throw in some homophobia while you're at it. Which hey if that's how you operate fine, but you get no higher ground to stand on to tell anyone else how things should be. Maybe work on your own self more and find out why you have these negative ideas about people who aren't harming you, and who you have no control over.

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Coil said:

Admittedly I do not know much about the tenets of Hinduism, but you sound very far away from being 'enlightened'.

And I'm pretty sure that Hinduism doesn't follow the 10 commandments.

• Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

In Hinduism and more precisely in yoga there are rules of Yama and Niyama that are somehow similar to the ten commandments:

Spoiler

The five yamas, self-regulating behaviors involving our interactions with other people and the world at large, include:

Ahimsa: nonviolence
Satya: truthfulness
Asteya: non-stealing
Brahmacharya: non-excess (often interpreted as celibacy)
Aparigraha: non-possessiveness, non-greed.

The five niyamas, personal practices that relate to our inner world, include

Saucha: purity
Santosha: contentment
Tapas: self-discipline, training your senses
Svadhyaya: self-study, inner exploration
Ishvara Pranidhana: surrender

https://kripalu.org/resources/yoga-s-ethical-guide-living-yamas-and-niyamas

Without moral principles, the normal existence of society is impossible because it is the foundation on which this society holds.

On ‎3‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 5:36 PM, Coil said:

Because man is a creation of God and he should give instructions to people if they do not understand what they are doing and then complain about their fate.

Yahweh developed from ancient Semitic polytheism, so no God is a creation of man.

If a person had a higher mind, he would know how to act correctly and unmistakably but for the time being he needs instructions.

He needs instructions from primitive minds?

You must understand that man’s actions caused numerous falls of civilizations, and each time the initiates had to save themselves and start a new race so that a person would still open the spiritual consciousness and act in the right knowledge.

(Spiritual people can only allow sex to conceive a child as it does in nature in animals, so they do not have human problems with abortions, condoms, venereal diseases, licentiousness, prostitution, and so on. And in fact, it turns out that in order to improve human life, a person needs only not to perform bad actions.)

Once again you show your blatant ignorance of nature.  Various animals practice homosexuality, cannibalism, infanticide..

These spiritual people you mention simply don't exist.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Coil said:

Nearly half of them don't apply and are better suited for a theocracy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Coil said:
15 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

In Hinduism and more precisely in yoga there are rules of Yama and Niyama that are somehow similar to the ten commandments:

Reveal hidden contents

The five yamas, self-regulating behaviors involving our interactions with other people and the world at large, include:

Ahimsa: nonviolence
Satya: truthfulness
Asteya: non-stealing
Brahmacharya: non-excess (often interpreted as celibacy)
Aparigraha: non-possessiveness, non-greed.

The five niyamas, personal practices that relate to our inner world, include

Saucha: purity
Santosha: contentment
Tapas: self-discipline, training your senses
Svadhyaya: self-study, inner exploration
Ishvara Pranidhana: surrender

https://kripalu.org/resources/yoga-s-ethical-guide-living-yamas-and-niyamas

Without moral principles, the normal existence of society is impossible because it is the foundation on which this society holds.

It seems, Not exactly according to here:

Yama and Niyama are often called the Ten Commandments of Yoga, but they have nothing to do with the ideas of sin and virtue or good and evil as dictated by some cosmic potentate. Rather they are determined by a thoroughly practical, pragmatic basis: that which strengthens and facilitates our yoga practice should be observed and that which weakens or hinders it should be avoided. It is not a matter of being good or bad, but of being wise or foolish. Each one of these Five Don’ts (Yama) and Five Do’s (Niyama) is a supporting, liberating foundation of Yoga.

Yama means self-restraint in the sense of self-mastery, or abstention, and consists of five elements. Niyama means observances, of which there are also five. Here is the complete list of these ten Pillars as given in Yoga Sutras

What you’re insinuating seems to be for the practice of yoga itself, and has nothing to do with what the 10 commandments in general. 

All of these deal with the innate powers of the human being–or rather with the abstinence and observance that will develop and release those powers to be used toward our spiritual perfection, to our self-realization and liberation. Shankara says quite forcefully that “following yama and niyama is the basic qualification to practice yoga. The qualification is not simply that one wants to practice yoga. So yama and niyama are methods of yoga” in themselves and are not mere adjuncts or aids that can be optional.

I have done some yoga here and there, for some time, and I am surprised to hear that it’s stated that the 10 commandments are part of it. I mean, it doesn’t show this in the book of Yoga I have. 

Edited by Stubbly_Dooright
Changed something a bit.
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Coil said:

Your error is assuming that morals must originate from a divine source.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2019 at 1:06 AM, Coil said:

You must understand that man’s actions caused numerous falls of civilizations, and each time the initiates had to save themselves and start a new race so that a person would still open the spiritual consciousness and act in the right knowledge.

Hi Coil

As much as I try not to engage you, I have to wonder, Christian cultures like Nazi Germany went to war with mostly Christian cultures/countries and all the guys on both sides were dying were praying to the same god to get them home safe and to their families because most of them didn't want to be there. Why didn't god answer the prayers of the multitudes and stop the war?

(Spiritual people can only allow sex to conceive a child as it does in nature in animals,

Are you sure, if so why did god make it sooo enjoyable?:D

And in fact, it turns out that in order to improve human life, a person needs only not to perform bad actions.)

See, we can agree on some things.:D

Please, I don’t want to prove to you for a long time what is objective or subjective because it is the experience of other people but your mind is not trustworthy and when you have strong faith you will reach the soul’s knowledge. There are a lot of books by Aurobindo and Mother on the Internet that can be downloaded for free in pdf format.

Image result for gif for spiritual meter

Well, how can an ordinary person or a scientist check my words if he does not practice? Therefore, only through action and faith comes realization.

To be honest, a thing could be biased either way which is why we look at the consistency of the claimant and the material presented.

jmccr8

On 4/3/2019 at 7:07 AM, Coil said:

What exactly do you think is subjective in what I wrote or did an excerpt from the dictionary? Can you verify it personally in your experience and experience it?

Anything that is personal and without supporting evidence.

Is there a soul? There is.

Can you demonstrate that there is one using a reliable methodology?

Does she have a higher and blissful state? Yes, since spiritual people pull ordinary people towards the higher and enlighten their minds.

Can you support a position of gender? If so please do.

And you delve too much into insignificant things. Please, I do not want to find out with you and prove that this is so citing thousands of evidence, for me it is so, I checked it personally and put everything in place. Do not look for evidence from me, find them yourself, I gave you links and surnames. If you find wisdom, then you will enrich yourself incredibly and if you doubt and are far from it, then you will find thousands of reasons not to believe me. Then do not believe me and check yourself

What do you consider insignificant, if a butterfly flaps it's wings? If you do not have evidence what are your claims based on? To note as of yet you have given me no reason to question what I believe which is your greater issue.

jmccr8

• Like 1

All that I wanted to say, I said and who does not understand the simple truths are senselessly explained further on.No offense.

10 minutes ago, Coil said:

All that I wanted to say, I said and who does not understand the simple truths are senselessly explained further on.No offense.

What if your "truth" isn't the "truth".

• Thanks 2

On 3/12/2019 at 4:48 AM, Relam said:

Hello. I see these days in my country feminsts are fighting to have free abortus without no reason.

I was thinking is it true that somehow women are losing main mother instincts and that mother side which is so important.

I am against abortion and this is so sad that person that is meant to deliver us on this world,and that is meant to be soft and caring losing itself and becoming an idiot.

What do you think what will happen if women lose that mother instincts and mother side?

Without no reason is a double negative which means with reason.  

Freedom of choice has nothing to do with "losing" mothering instincts. A woman's identity and value in society is no longer tied to being a mother. Contrary to popular, and by that I mean an archaic, belief, not all women want to be mothers. If you want to take the instinct route as a way to explain why fewer women want children, research suggests that more women view having children as having financial, emotional, and costly time disadvantages for them. Instincts and traits may have an evolutionary purpose, but those some concepts are shaped by experience. As the world changes, so does our behavior. Believe what you want, but don't entertain the idea that your own personal beliefs should be forced on others.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, KNash said:

Freedom of choice has nothing to do with "losing" mothering instincts. A woman's identity and value in society is no longer tied to being a mother. Contrary to popular, and by that I mean an archaic, belief, not all women want to be mothers. If you want to take the instinct route as a way to explain why fewer women want children, research suggests that more women view having children as having financial, emotional, and costly time disadvantages for them. Instincts and traits may have an evolutionary purpose, but those some concepts are shaped by experience. As the world changes, so does our behavior. Believe what you want, but don't entertain the idea that your own personal beliefs should be forced on others.

The problem is the misogynist myth that women are only to be mothers and anything else they do is less valuable than anything a man does.  Women have always kept societies functioning while they raised their children and as part of raising their children.  Today in a lot of western societies most women need to be able to earn a living as well as raise their children and the misogynists blame them when things go wrong, but if it weren't for women, society would still be in the dark ages.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The problem is the misogynist myth that women are only to be mothers and anything else they do is less valuable than anything a man does.  Women have always kept societies functioning while they raised their children and as part of raising their children.  Today in a lot of western societies most women need to be able to earn a living as well as raise their children and the misogynists blame them when things go wrong, but if it weren't for women, society would still be in the dark ages.

This book is excellent, and talks about exactly what you're referencing: the cheapening of caregiving to an expected "free" labour by the ruling class, and one that is somehow discounted entirely by society.

https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520299931/a-history-of-the-world-in-seven-cheap-things

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Podo said:

This book is excellent, and talks about exactly what you're referencing: the cheapening of caregiving to an expected "free" labour by the ruling class, and one that is somehow discounted entirely by society.

https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520299931/a-history-of-the-world-in-seven-cheap-things

Interesting.  Is it a college text book? It is exceedingly expensive, even the eBook version is expensive.  Thanks for posting the link.

Oh, wait, I see it is a univesity press.  :P

Edited by Desertrat56

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Interesting.  Is it a college text book? It is exceedingly expensive, even the eBook version is expensive.  Thanks for posting the link.

Oh, wait, I see it is a univesity press.  :P

I dunno, I bought the hardcover for around $30 at a local bookstore, that seemed reasonable to me at the time, but I don't know what country you are in, maybe it's more expensive shipping outside of North America. It's an excellent book though, I highly recommend it.