Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women are losing mother side?

Relam

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

ooooookay, I'm gonna just walk away now.

I see no advantage to continuing to converse with you.

You don't like to learn?

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

My biological father use to rob construction sites. He had the whole counting coup- Robin Hood attitude about it.  

My biological father was almost the same.I think I inherited a touch of the bad gene.How about you PineyB)

1 minute ago, openozy said:

My biological father was almost the same.I think I inherited a touch of the bad gene.How about you PineyB)

You missed the next post. It turned my stomach every time he did it. It's one of the reasons I hate him.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, openozy said:

Proud of your negative traits, I see.

While I do love to learn new things, anything you have to teach is not worth learning.

Your ideas are outdated, and to be frank, somewhat racist in flavor.

Good day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Piney said:

You missed the next post. It turned my stomach every time he did it. It's one of the reasons I hate him.  

Same here,I'm no thief but also no Angel.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

somewhat racist in flavor.

How are they racist?

2 minutes ago, openozy said:

Same here,I'm no thief but also no Angel.

I do have quite a reputation for mangling people. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Piney said:

I do have quite a reputation for mangling people. 

Would I be racist if I called you a savage:blink:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, openozy said:

Would I be racist if I called you a savage:blink:

Nope, my sister does all the time. :)

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, openozy said:

How are they racist?

That's right I'm from redneck OZ.

1 hour ago, openozy said:

Nature against nurture, nature wins every time.

Nature vs Nurture is a false dichotomy. We're all just a big fat mix of both.

Though if I had to chose one over the other, I'd go with nurture. Because following your logic, some (or most) people are just immutably bad. Which allows for you to justify marginalizing groups of people for just having bad genes and being "born bad."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, openozy said:

How are they racist?

The hardline Nature philosophy is the driving force behind racist movements like the race and IQ tests, or the Nazis who thought "Jews are genetically inferior" and "the Aryan race is superior."

You may not have explicitly stated anything directly racist, but the underlying core philosophy is clearly there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Though if I had to chose one over the other, I'd go with nurture. Because following your logic, some (or most) people are just immutably bad. Which allows for you to justify marginalizing groups of people for just having bad genes and being "born bad."

That's your logic,some people are bad whether you like it or not,most are bearable.I agree everthing is a mix of both,but genes don't lie.

27 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

You may not have explicitly stated anything directly racist

That's right,believe me I don't hold anything back.

31 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

but the underlying core philosophy is clearly there

What a load of garbage.

11 hours ago, Aquila King said:

I agree whole heartily! I think my observations of readers to non-readers was my key. Through my close to 20 years of observing characteristics of readers (loooove to read), to non-readers(they can read, they just don’t want to with enthusiasm) I thought I could come to the simple conclusion it’s an inherited trait. In which, yes, I think it is to a point. Both my parents loved and one still does, to read. I do, my kids, half of my siblings do, and so do most of their kids. (I love the books conversations I have with my oldest niece. ) And of course, I love to read. I always figured I inherited that. *shrugs* 

Though, certain things I have observed of children and telling their parents, grandparents, etc, of how I can tell they going to want to read a lot, I find some interesting thought, when a few of them tell me the kids were adopted. :hmm:  Then, I remember situations where I can also see how I ended up doing things based on what I saw growin g up. (Watching my parents read, etc. .......(I believe, that’s how I got into loving liverwurst)) 

I have now come to the conclusion, it really is hard to tell what is inherited and what’s been taught for me. So, I’m like, ok.......... it comes from both fronts. Instinct, nature, etc. I think can be strong at times, but nurture, behavioral management, can be just as strong. I know, emotions and such, are very instinctual and are the end part of situations in most cases, we can over come the negative ones in how we behave with them. And teaching that, I see how that can over come the strong instinct part. 

Bottom line, I see and have come to the conclusion, we are both. I think,  they both become part of ourselves from the beginning. And, I think that it’s useful that we can use both and  use them well, when both are together in a merge, to keep us ............... nice. ;)  

I agree on that as well. It makes me think there are no second chances for anyone, if we do follow that logic. I think, we all have the propensity to contribute to the world, if we see the potential in all, and see how can bypass the instincts using better management of the negative emotions and instincts. 

I have friends whose children are adopted. I would have a hard time believing that they were considered in a negative light. And from my observations of watching them grow, I have yet to see them act in any ‘criminal’ behavior. Pointing adoptees in such a light, I think, is defeating. 

• Like 3

On 5/13/2019 at 10:15 PM, NellyT said:

Prove is in many religions. What tells a atheist right from wrong? 

Atheism takes its notions of right and wrong, not from "witchdoctors in silly clothes" talking about sky people, but from reason and philosophy.  Even primitive societies understand the "Golden Rule" of "do as you would be done by", and even children figure out eventually that if they go around hitting people that people hit them back.  Those people who piously declare that the Golden Rule is religious have it all wrong, it comes from childhood experience and good parenting.  On more complex issues, philosophers have been far more influential than religious figures in most instances, and ultimately the most important rules of all have come from the legal system.

I put it to you that by population in the USA, the atheist population are far more law abiding than the religious people.  16% of the US population are atheists, but atheists only make up 3% of the prison population at last count, when they should be 16% of the prison population too.  In fact, atheists tend to be highly intelligent, well educated and wealthy people too, based on statistics.

In essence, the take away lesson from this should be... If the only think that is making you behave yourself and not kill and steal and commit other crimes is a fear of a god and eternal punishment, then really what does that say about your character?  Atheists have none of that, and they are more law abiding than religious people.  Why?  Because they take the time to seriously consider the laws of their country and generally find they agree with them, and so they don't break them.  Religious people however tend to think that their deity will "forgive their sins", and as the proverb goes, "to forgive one sin is to commission many sins". 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

I put it to you that by population in the USA, the atheist population are far more law abiding than the religious people. 

I think there is stats somewhere agreeing with that. Along with atheists being more generous.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/11/nonreligious-children-are-more-generous

https://www.livescience.com/20005-atheists-motivated-compassion.html

• Like 2

Just now, Piney said:

I think there is stats somewhere agreeing with that. Along with atheists being more generous.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/11/nonreligious-children-are-more-generous

https://www.livescience.com/20005-atheists-motivated-compassion.html

I was watching something the other day that said, the more religious a country, the more violent and unfair it was. This was focused on the abrahamic religions though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This was focused on the abrahamic religions though. 

Now who  would of guessed? :o

Just now, Piney said:

Now who  would of guessed? :o

The entire religions are focused on domination and control. It's a power religion/s. 

If you get down to something earth/nature based, that power model seems to all but vanish. I suppose that's why paganism is becoming a thing now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you get down to something earth/nature based, that power model seems to all but vanish. I suppose that's why paganism is becoming a thing now. 

Really??? Your telling that to me?????? :lol:

With AIM currently running all the Medicine Societies and picking their own Keepers who are not workers but easily controlled believers. We are in the same state.

Just now, Piney said:

Really??? Your telling that to me?????? :lol:

With AIM currently running all the Medicine Societies and picking their own Keepers who are not workers but easily controlled believers. We are in the same state.

It all crumbles eventually. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

It all crumbles eventually. 

I'm working on it. :yes:

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I'm working on it. :yes:

Good luck. I've about given up on stuff like that. 

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Good luck. I've about given up on stuff like that. 

I'm not talking about stuff like that.

I'm talking about bringing down the local AIM group, using "stuff" I learned from the working as a PMC. 

Find their "dirt". Expose their "dirt" and smash their credibility. Maybe even get criminal charges on some of them. 

The same way I handled Plastic Shamans.