Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women are losing mother side?

Relam

Just now, Piney said:

I'm not talking about stuff like that.

I'm talking about bringing down the local AIM group, using "stuff" I learned from the working as a PMC. 

Find their "dirt". Expose their "dirt" and smash their credibility. Maybe even get criminal charges on some of them. 

The same way I handled Plastic Shamans. 

I'll say it again, good luck. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2019 at 10:36 AM, openozy said:

That's right I'm from redneck OZ.

(My actual thoughts) I didn't think the Ozarks were a state.:huh:  Oh wait, he's Australian?  My bad.:(

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Haha 2

Just some food for thought...

Florida state Representative says God has told him to rewrite abortion bill with no exceptions

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-state-representative-says-god-222659087.html

So...has this now turned into an abortion thread...I haven't really been following.

1 hour ago, joc said:

So...has this now turned into an abortion thread...I haven't really been following.

Not particularly so, but I felt that male lawmakers religious views on controlling women was appropriate to this thread.

Not to mention, that a US political figure who hears voices and acts on their suggestion, may not be the best candidate to legislate law.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Not particularly so, but I felt that male lawmakers religious views on controlling women was appropriate to this thread.

Not to mention, that a US political figure who hears voices and acts on their suggestion, may not be the best candidate to legislate law.....

What does abortion have to do with controlling women...psycho christians not withstanding?

10 hours ago, joc said:

What does abortion have to do with controlling women...psycho christians not withstanding?

Not just abortion & women, but any religious attitude that seeks to enforce what they believe to be 'god's will' on everyone is where the element of control sneaks in.

We howl & cry at theocratic governments in the Middle East that repress entire segments of the population, yet we accept religiously driven political actions here. Is that because "they" have the wrong religion over there?

And, if anyone thinks that making abortion illegal is going to stop abortions from happening, you are mistaken. It just means that those women who are desperate enough are going to find a back alley butcher to do the job. 

This is a very volatile and emotional subject, on both sides of the issue, and there are no clear cut answers. And I am finished attempting to discuss it.

• Thanks 3

12 hours ago, joc said:

Give me a break!  You can't be that stupid.  You control women with anti-abortion laws by disallowing their status as humans to make their own decisions about their bodies and their families.  Men suffer no consequences with the anti-abortion laws.  In fact there is no provision in those laws for the protection an d support of the children that are born to women who would have chosen an abortion, for what ever reason.  You have to KNOW that no woman ever takes that decision lightly no matter what the media says.  At it's best it is still dangerous.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Not just abortion & women, but any religious attitude that seeks to enforce what they believe to be 'god's will' on everyone is where the element of control sneaks in.

We howl & cry at theocratic governments in the Middle East that repress entire segments of the population, yet we accept religiously driven political actions here. Is that because "they" have the wrong religion over there?

And, if anyone thinks that making abortion illegal is going to stop abortions from happening, you are mistaken. It just means that those women who are desperate enough are going to find a back alley butcher to do the job. 

This is a very volatile and emotional subject, on both sides of the issue, and there are no clear cut answers. And I am finished attempting to discuss it.

Exactly!  Roe vs Wade had nothing to do with anti-religious sentiments and everything to do with saving women's lives and acknowledging that they are fully functioning human beings.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Give me a break!  You can't be that stupid.  You control women with anti-abortion laws by disallowing their status as humans to make their own decisions about their bodies and their families.  Men suffer no consequences with the anti-abortion laws.  In fact there is no provision in those laws for the protection an d support of the children that are born to women who would have chosen an abortion, for what ever reason.  You have to KNOW that no woman ever takes that decision lightly no matter what the media says.  At it's best it is still dangerous.

Are you an advocate therefore of post-birth abortion up until the age of 18 of the child in question?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, joc said:

You control women with anti-abortion laws by disallowing their status as humans to make their own decisions about their bodies and their families

Their bodies...and their families.  Seems to me...a human being growing inside of a woman's body is not just the woman's body.  It is a human being developing inside the woman's body.  Now...if it were a mole on her face...or a tumor in her breast...or any other such thing that is actually just her body...then you have a case.  But a fetus is a developing human being.  Therefore...at what exact time during the pregnancy is it okay to terminate?  6 weeks?   18 weeks?  36 weeks?  And we are talking...according to you..about her family as well.  So, she decides to have an abortion at 36 weeks...the baby is born nonetheless...and she is consulting with her doctor about whether to go ahead and abort the new born baby anyway.  At that point...how long does she have?  5 minutes?  35 minutes?  A week and a half? 12 weeks?  130 weeks?  Where does the developing human get to stand up and say NO I will not be aborted?  Why not just make the cut-off at the age of 18 years?

Btw...I am disengaging from this thread now.  It wasn't about abortions...I didn't make it about abortions...so...whatever your response if any is....my point is made and I am not going to post again in this thread.

12 hours ago, joc said:

Their bodies...and their families.  Seems to me...a human being growing inside of a woman's body is not just the woman's body.  It is a human being developing inside the woman's body.  Now...if it were a mole on her face...or a tumor in her breast...or any other such thing that is actually just her body...then you have a case.  But a fetus is a developing human being.  Therefore...at what exact time during the pregnancy is it okay to terminate?  6 weeks?   18 weeks?  36 weeks?  And we are talking...according to you..about her family as well.  So, she decides to have an abortion at 36 weeks...the baby is born nonetheless...and she is consulting with her doctor about whether to go ahead and abort the new born baby anyway.  At that point...how long does she have?  5 minutes?  35 minutes?  A week and a half? 12 weeks?  130 weeks?  Where does the developing human get to stand up and say NO I will not be aborted?  Why not just make the cut-off at the age of 18 years?

Btw...I am disengaging from this thread now.  It wasn't about abortions...I didn't make it about abortions...so...whatever your response if any is....my point is made and I am not going to post again in this thread.

Well, my feelings to your point at the last few sentences in your post, I wondered at what the gist was for this thread. I went in thinking it was someone disparaging how not all women have the maternal feelings. (Which is true, not everyone does...... and the big feeling on this, that’s ok) I mean, the topic of abortion wasn’t mentioned in the thread title, was it. 

Then going in and reading it, I find it seems to be about the OP’s thought of abortion. (And the feeling that women getting abortion are losing the ‘maternal instinct or feelings’, which I find is incorrect) I even mentioned and asked if the OP could clarify what the thread is really addressing and discuss what the mean about the thread title and the thread point at the beginning. ........ Of course, no answer. :no:  I think, going into this thread, it seems to be a bait and switch type thing. Well, that’s my impression of it. *shrugs* 

Now, the main part of your post, I can see why you are saying what you’re saying about how the fetus is seen as, but........ 

Well, I refer to Desertrat’s point in one of her posts: 

21 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You control women with anti-abortion laws by disallowing their status as humans to make their own decisions about their bodies and their families.  Men suffer no consequences with the anti-abortion laws.  In fact there is no provision in those laws for the protection an d support of the children that are born to women who would have chosen an abortion, for what ever reason.  You have to KNOW that no woman ever takes that decision lightly no matter what the media says.  At it's best it is still dangerous.

Considering it takes two to create a baby, and the responsibility is held by both, I find it totally incredibly that there aren’t laws being passed to really make fathers (the men) responsible for their actions. I don’t see anyone making waves about them losing their ‘father side’!! And it seems convinient that some of them pass the buck when confronted with their responsibility. When such places, like the Alabama law, where I read that it makes no exceptions for rape or incest, then I really get :angry:  Definitely not the women’s fault at all, is it?! 

If it is truly 100% caring for the unborn, (the way I see it) then there would be laws to take care of the unwanted children when they are born. I would think, there would be more laws to bring the fathers to really take responsibility for their actions. I’m not talking about how it’s not 100% sure if they fathered the children, but really make them think, before they they themselves have sex. It seems that it’s all on the women not to have sex, well it goes just for the men as well. These laws, I read and see, tend to just blame the women for having sex. And to me, it seems a lot of the times, the women don’t really have a choice in varying cases. Seriously, if all the women just said, ‘nope, not going to have children till I”m married and ready to have them’, does anyone think the men will be happy with that and also wait?!?!  ( I like to see the answer to that.) 

And the point of how it seems to me, that the children who are born, there doesn’t seem to be any care for them then. I do see less effort in their welfare, then I see a lot of attention to them before they are born. I don’t get that!!! I feel, it’s a controversial thought on whether they are considered life or not in the first stages of pregnancy, but they are definitely considered as life, but yet I see them ignored by the law a lot of the times. 

This is why, I think it’s understandable to consider how it’s more of a desire to control women more so the caring of the unborn, because of the lack of care for them after their born, and no thought to what women go through in how and why and when they do conceive the children. If there is more concern for them, then I would think there would be more laws in controlling men’s sexual behavior and more laws in caring for infants after birth. I mean, that would make a whole lot more sense to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1