Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What goes around comes around, karma?

the13bats

On 3/14/2019 at 8:22 PM, joc said:

I remember something a girl wrote in my highschool yearbook.  The only thing I remember actually.  Remember the good and forget the bad.  I kind of took that to heart.  I just forgot the bad.

I'm surprised how many people wake up every morning with a life time of bad memories that they carry around with them like a photo album, sitting on their couch, turning all the pages ....

....remember the good...forget the bad...

Or ....as our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ said....sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Resentment is the NUMBER ONE offender.  Harboring hate is toxic to human beings and it kills.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Just because everyone thinks they're right doesn't mean they are. Everyone here may think their beliefs are the most reasonable, but that doesn't mean they actually are reasonable.

I don't mean to sound so nihilistic here. Just saying, the truth on these topics exists (whatever that may be) whether you believe in it or not. And just because you believe something, doesnt make it true.

Hi Aquila

At times,.. myself included :D

jmccr89

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, and then said:

Resentment is the NUMBER ONE offender.  Harboring hate is toxic to human beings and it kills.  

Negative Thought Process...it breeds resentment.  It breeds stress.  It breeds toxicity.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

so.....why did you call me out from a conversation with someone else?

Hi Papa

Might want to set that Papameter for context

jmccr8

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Aquila

At times,.. myself included :D

jmccr89

We're all like that sometimes. Only some of us though simply admit it. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aquila King said:

We're all like that sometimes. Only some of us though simply admit it. :lol:

Hi Aquila

There are a lot of things that are hard and I try to keep my ego out of it, and damn ... not nobody every says thanks for that grace.:D But then again some did.

jmccr8

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

This is what is actually observed.

Your method is completely arbitrary.

Here's what I observe from the Duck...….knee-jerk negativity

ho-hum....let's stop worrying about each other and stick to the thread topic

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

what if you say a hard yes or no after judging likelihood?

I'd say that makes no sense

38 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Papa

Might want to set that Papameter for context

jmccr8

It is so set already

Papageorge may err on the side of giving oxygen to some silly stuff, but that is far preferable to knee-jerk rejection of all "paranormal" happenings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, the13bats said:

Mr walker,

Thanks, while i fully grasp what you are saying and its more prosiac than how grandma said it i do not see it that way with a few examples that reflect your posts, 

In my hobby of car crafting i have seen countless examples and have 3 good personal ones of guys who rear ended me big time, and it wasnt just my opinion, many others agreed it was a cheesedick dbag things  they did. In one case i lost a buddy of 30 years,

All 3 who do not know each other and believe they were right in the ways they cheated me or didnt come thru and yet blame me saying im in the wrong for not liking the way they cheatrd me, to the point of them playing victim or just cussing and making threats.

All 3 still behave this way and do others as they did me, all 3 boast how great life is and it appears to be true, so your theories didnt apply there, perhaps im just very unlucky.

Try to step outside your personal perspective to look at karma. Karma doesn't mean that peole who hurt YOU will be hurt in return.  It is about THEM  Thus a person  like those you talk about will have an attitude to life and others that will influence  how their life works out.

it will not work out as well as if the y were kind forgiving etc  You might never be able to see inside their minds and hearts but anger, resentment,  fear etc., create psychological and physical problems for human which come out in their lives.

Objectively, ARE their lives so great?  I suspect not, as people with such attitudes have problems with friends, wives,  bosses etc. 

How does one measure happiness and success in life?   Your job is to build your own  life so that you are happy, have purpose, and keep well.

Don't worry about others.

NEVER compare yourself to another; only look at how you  can improve yourself 

And why on earth are their opinions of any value or purpose to you ?  The y are not qualified to judge you. Only YOU know yourself. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Try to step outside your personal perspective to look at karma. Karma doesn't mean that peole who hurt YOU will be hurt in return.  It is about THEM  Thus a person  like those you talk about will have an attitude to life and others that will influence  how their life works out.

Hi Walker

Just after high school a friend and I ran into a fellow that drugged and raped a couple of girls we knew and were not inclined at the time to make a court issue about it. When we saw him at the fair/exhibition we knocked him on his **** then grabbed him by the ankles and ran him into a 21/2 inch pole spread eagled for a no parking sign and left him there. That was Karma for me.

jmccr8

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

it will not work out as well as if the y were kind forgiving etc  You might never be able to see inside their minds and hearts but anger, resentment,  fear etc., create psychological and physical problems for human which come out in their lives.

Objectively, ARE their lives so great?  I suspect not, as people with such attitudes have problems with friends, wives,  bosses etc. 

How does one measure happiness and success in life?   Your job is to build your own  life so that you are happy, have purpose, and keep well.

Don't worry about others.

NEVER compare yourself to another; only look at how you  can improve yourself 

And why on earth are their opinions of any value or purpose to you ?  The y are not qualified to judge you. Only YOU know yourself. 

You have some fire there but making a bit too many cut and dried assumptions about how i think and feel about it, with some statements  that domt apoly at all.

Getting past what comes around goes around ideals, one of the personal examples i stated is downright paradoxical to me if he did and said the things he has to me to people ive met in my life lets just say it wouldnt have been an outcome he would have liked, im perplexed no one has taken him out or he isnt locked away deep in prison, and no, i have zero clue how his life is really going whats really going on and no, i have no ability to believe a person like that really lives the charmed life they appear to.

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Just after high school a friend and I ran into a fellow that drugged and raped a couple of girls we knew and were not inclined at the time to make a court issue about it. When we saw him at the fair/exhibition we knocked him on his **** then grabbed him by the ankles and ran him into a 21/2 inch pole spread eagled for a no parking sign and left him there. That was Karma for me.

jmccr8

I pretty much believe you did that although the net is full of people thumping how badass they are, and you feel very just in what you did and rightly so but you also risked your very life and livelyhood to do that, it ended in your favor many times it doesnt, so my OCD always makes me see a bigger picture,

And i do know a lot of people have that mindset,  f karma, ill take care of this myself, eye for eye idea, im just not sold its in the end its not just a 2 wrongs dont make a right idea,

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

You have some fire there but making a bit too many cut and dried assumptions about how i think and feel about it, with some statements  that domt apoly at all.

Getting past what comes around goes around ideals, one of the personal examples i stated is downright paradoxical to me if he did and said the things he has to me to people ive met in my life lets just say it wouldnt have been an outcome he would have liked, im perplexed no one has taken him out or he isnt locked away deep in prison, and no, i have zero clue how his life is really going whats really going on and no, i have no ability to believe a person like that really lives the charmed life they appear to.

I pretty much believe you did that although the net is full of people thumping how badass they are, and you feel very just in what you did and rightly so but you also risked your very life and livelyhood to do that, it ended in your favor many times it doesnt, so my OCD always makes me see a bigger picture,

And i do know a lot of people have that mindset,  f karma, ill take care of this myself, eye for eye idea, im just not sold its in the end its not just a 2 wrongs dont make a right idea,

Hi the13Bats

Where I grew up violence was what it is and what we did most of the time wasn't about Karma, it was cowboy justice,

jmccr8

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 7:09 PM, the13bats said:

In case you dont know my stance im a pseudoskeptic, i want to believe but need Proof.

So ive been up too long and my days and nights sleep is off, i am all ADD OCD, and had a bad experence today which set off my nerves so i run to burn it off making a post because my overtired mind is so racy.

My grandmother was superstitious to a degree, i was raised by her and she while was a bit vauge she tried to tell me not ever to get very mad at a person, let things go because all her life she saw people who wronged her have really bad stuff happen to them, i did and do write it off as coincidence.

She passed in her early 90s in 90s but of course i remember her daily, and many people i have talked to really will push the idea of what many people label "karma" although i do not believe my gmother even knew the word,

so ive noticed a lot of people more than i would have thought do subscribe to the idea if someone does them wrong or anyone wrong they will get what they deserve, where does this idea generate from?

Sure i have had people wrong me and seen bad happen to them but ive seen people wrong me or just bad in general live charmed lives. Personally i dont want anyone to come to harm not my way, i am curious though why some people really believe what goes around comes back on you, i just dont see it.

What keeps you up at night, what annoys you, and what stresses you out?

Have you noticed you keep attracting the causes of your misery into your life? Or have you reasoned these things are outside of your control and you are therefore powerless to do anything about them?

Here is a list of really bizarre things to try which wont make any sense to you but will produce and effect. Please do as many as possible for month (all of them if you can)

1. Set your alarm clock for 7am every morning and get up. Get up when you are tried. And allow yourself to be in a bad mood at having to get up early, over being tired, and allow yourself to wish you could just stay in bed.

2. Dress to stand out from the crowd and draw attention. May I recommend dressing really smart and professional. What you are trying to achieve is a lot of people noticing you, a lot of people being jealous of you, and a lot of abusive remarks towards yourself. Allow yourself to see and look down upon them as scum and as being inferior to you.

3. Avoid taking responsibility for things as much as you can. Allow yourself to hate responsibility and allow yourself wish you could just sail through life taking the easy route forward with everything.

4. Stop working hard in your job to get somewhere. Expect to be handed everything for doing nothing.

Now, sit back and wait. The universe knows what irritates you and is going to troll you over the coming month. Its going to control you by giving you a job with a poor work life balance, where you get paid loads of money, where you get management responsibilities, and where you have to work hard. Or you will get a different outcome where the universe trolls you in similar ways.

The universe has been designed to break you and to destroy that ego of yours. It collects your thoughts, feelings, and actions, and uses them to press your buttons.

3 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi the13Bats

Where I grew up violence was what it is and what we did most of the time wasn't about Karma, it was cowboy justice,

jmccr8

I wasnt damnning you, for many years my best buddies were the type who took care of things.

• Like 1

Rabid, while i believe i see your point way down in there somewhere. If you knew me you would see just how off you were.....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, and then said:

Is it resentment or self loathing?  It seems at least in the case of suicides, the hate is directed inward.  Your point about it being toxic is sure true, it kills even if the victim is yourself.

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Rabid, while i believe i see your point way down in there somewhere. If you knew me you would see just how off you were.....

He's completely off whether he knew you or not.

• Thanks 1

On 15/03/2019 at 5:36 PM, Mr Walker said:

Gotta disagree. I would say that 90% plus of people get exactly what they deserve. It might not be what we believe they deserve, but it is a result of the people they are. 

90% get what they deserve? 

Ok so people who constantly have crap or abusive relationships deserve them? 

Or those of us who finally start having things go well then have crap happen deserve it? 

Those of of us who don’t cheat, steal, try to not harm others and avoid lying deserve it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Ruby04 said:

90% get what they deserve? 

Ok so people who constantly have crap or abusive relationships deserve them? 

Or those of us who finally start having things go well then have crap happen deserve it? 

Those of of us who don’t cheat, steal, try to not harm others and avoid lying deserve it? 

I'd like to know what all the 4 year olds sold into sex slavery for the rest of their lives did to deserve it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1