Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
South main

Glowing red eyes

26 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

South main

When I was little me and my friend was in my closet we had no windows because it was a walk in closet with a door but we were playing with our Barbie dolls and we both looked up to the shelf to get the doll house and we say just one pair of eyes the years went on we moved out and I moved in with my mother and I told her about the eyes she told me that in that closet a man hung himself in there dose anyone know what these red eyes were to this day I’m trying to figure this out and I’m 20 I was 7 when this happens can anyone tell me about this my old address was 238 south Main Street in Jamestown ny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy

I think you imagined the eyes.Why would a mother tell a 7year old about a suicide,seeing you weren't living with her she sounds like an unfit parent to me.Your imagination and the story backing it is why you believe you saw something and has magnified over time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette

That was probably an animal in there. If it was dark and any light shone in it tends to reflect off the retina and make animals eyes look glowing red in the dark. Do you think maybe there was a cat/mouse or something hiding back there?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

Im right there combining both what ooenozy and nnicolette have said,

I will add the whole red eyes was a amityville thing, "piggy" in the window, made up of course, Red eyes always tell me fake or real prosaic explanation,  because basically all animals have eye glow...think about red eye in pictures.

Think about it, a person hangs themselves and years later little girls playing see red eyes, why? the ghost of a hung person leaves behind red eye glow?

I dont know what you saw if you saw anything but of possibilities ghost is not on my list but george will likely give you a 94% likely paranormal experence.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
12 hours ago, openozy said:

I think you imagined the eyes.Why would a mother tell a 7year old about a suicide,seeing you weren't living with her she sounds like an unfit parent to me.Your imagination and the story backing it is why you believe you saw something and has magnified over time.

But ozy, the mother didn't tell her  until years later: the years went on we moved out and I moved in with my mother and I told her about the eyes she told me that in that closet a man hung himself in there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
13 hours ago, South main said:

When I was little me and my friend was in my closet we had no windows because it was a walk in closet with a door but we were playing with our Barbie dolls and we both looked up to the shelf to get the doll house and we say just one pair of eyes the years went on we moved out and I moved in with my mother and I told her about the eyes she told me that in that closet a man hung himself in there dose anyone know what these red eyes were to this day I’m trying to figure this out and I’m 20 I was 7 when this happens can anyone tell me about this my old address was 238 south Main Street in Jamestown ny

You'll never know for sure, but I, as a believer in the paranormal, have heard plenty of cases that lead me to believe suicides correlate with paranormal activity.

Papameter: 60% Paranormal Chance

Edited by papageorge1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman

Childhood memories are notorious for playing tricks on your brain. It was likely nothing more than a reflection, but you'll never know for sure anyway so there's no point in dwelling on it and making yourself worry about nothing.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

But ozy, the mother didn't tell her  until years later: the years went on we moved out and I moved in with my mother and I told her about the eyes she told me that in that closet a man hung himself in there

My bad,but apart from being wrong about the age I still stand by my comments on this.Thats my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
30 minutes ago, openozy said:

My bad,but apart from being wrong about the age I still stand by my comments on this.Thats my opinion.

I tend to feel differently. OP had the eyes etched into memory years before hearing of the suicide. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
12 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I tend to feel differently. OP had the eyes etched into memory years before hearing of the suicide. 

 

I think something scared her,could of been a rat or a reflection and the suicide story(which was probably fabricated) cemented and exaggerated the whole thing.There's usually a good reason mothers are estranged from their kids.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MissJatti

Could have been anything you did not understand, so naturally you brain filled in the void, into something you could understand, hense glowing red eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:38 PM, openozy said:

I think something scared her,could of been a rat or a reflection 

I don't recall ever seeing a red eyed rat in my many days. Or a red-eyed anything but I'm sure it's possible.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:38 PM, openozy said:

the suicide story(which was probably fabricated)

How can you say the suicide story was probably fabricated? 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:38 PM, openozy said:

There's usually a good reason mothers are estranged from their kids.

That's quite a suggestion to bring that issue up in this case from how little we know.

My main point: Why are you trying so hard to discredit this particular story when you have claimed paranormal experiences yourself? I can see a ration of caution towards any story from a stranger but this seems like you are creating your own version of the events and running with it. Why?

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't recall ever seeing a red eyed rat in my many days. Or a red-eyed anything but I'm sure it's possible.

On 3/14/2019 at 6:38 PM, openozy said:

There are quite a few animals whose eyes' reflect red in certain light. Raccoons, possums, groundhogs, etc.

@Nnicolette  Whose family has also been involved in forestry stated it in her post above.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
5 minutes ago, Piney said:

There are quite a few animals whose eyes' reflect red in certain light. Raccoons, possums, groundhogs, etc.

I know....but inside her closet with her without being detected? In closet lighting conditions? Possibly, ‘but not a likely go-to explanation’ was my point.

Part of my job being an open-minded skeptic is to skeptically challenge the so-called skeptical explanations.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Part of my job being an open-minded skeptic is to skeptically challenge the so-called skeptical explanations.

:lol: I'm saving that one! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

Piney, a fellow just denounced most creatures have red eye shine then when he realized how ridiculous he sounded he back pedaled  saying that some paranormal whatever is more likely the explanation for red eye shine than the zillion other things that could have made red reflections. But hes the open minded one.

So yeah saver it....

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I don't recall ever seeing a red eyed rat in my many days. Or a red-eyed anything but I'm sure it's possibl

Apart from light shine on a wild rat,albino rats always have red eyes.

 

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:
On 15/03/2019 at 9:38 AM, openozy said:

There's usually a good reason mothers are estranged from their kids.

That's quite a suggestion to bring that issue up in this case from how little we know

 

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

How can you say the suicide story was probably fabricated?

I've seen a lot of these types of "mothers"they usually are full of bullsh-- or mentally ill.Only very rare cases do mothers lose their kids to no fault of their own apart from said reason.Apart from that, the OP didn't correct me or get her back up about my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
On 14/03/2019 at 3:02 AM, South main said:

I moved in with my mother and I told her about the eyes she told me that in that closet a man hung himself in there

Jeeeze!!! Some parents just baffle me. No matter what age you were when she told you, she should not have done so. 

 

On 14/03/2019 at 3:02 AM, South main said:

and I moved in with my mother

Also if you moved in with your mother, does that mean she never lived in the house? So how would she know about any hanging?

If you want to find out about any deaths in that house try the local police station or the local newspaper archives. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

 

My main point: Why are you trying so hard to discredit this particular story when you have claimed paranormal experiences yourself?

Not trying very hard at all,just because I've experienced paranormal doesn't mean I believe everything offered,and because I'm sensitive to things,I get a feeling from peoples writings of paranormal events and whether they are genuine.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
46 minutes ago, openozy said:

I've seen a lot of these types of "mothers"they usually are full of bullsh-- or mentally ill.Only very rare cases do mothers lose their kids to no fault of their own apart from said reason.Apart from that, the OP didn't correct me or get her back up about my opinion.

Wow, is that mother condemnation stuff going off on a tangent from nothing said by the OP! We are  told nothing of any mother problems, sheesh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
Just now, papageorge1 said:

Wow, is that mother condemnation stuff going off on a tangent from nothing said by the OP! We are  told nothing of any mother problems, sheesh. 

Why wasn't the OP living with her?I know my mum would have rather died than be separated from her kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Just now, openozy said:

Why wasn't the OP living with her?I know my mum would have rather died than be separated from her kids.

Who knows? Apparently it was not relevant to the story in the OP's eyes. The OP might have spent some times with the mom and the dad over the years for all we  know and that was not an issue in the story.

And the mother you said probably made up the suicide story also. For what and for why???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Who knows? Apparently it was not relevant to the story in the OP's eyes. The OP might have spent some times with the mom and the dad over the years for all we  know and that was not an issue in the story.

And the mother you said probably made up the suicide story also. For what and for why???

I think it was an issue or they wouldn't have mentioned it.As I said, probably mental illness or just an attention seeking bullsh----.

Edited by openozy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
4 minutes ago, openozy said:

I think it was an issue or they wouldn't have mentioned it.As I said, probably mental illness or just an attention seeking bullsh----.

talk about reading between the lines, geez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

talk about reading between the lines, geez

You wouldn't have to be a rocket scientist.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.