Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Tom DeLonge UFO docu-series announced

UM-Bot

Tom Delonge is a nut. The show should at least be entertaining and provide adequate opportunities for eye rolls.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Personally i think anyone who systematically denies thousands of experiences just because they have shaky preconceptions of what they entail and can be attributed to are nuts. Obviously there has been a bias here ever since the bias was implemented and its sad to see how willingly people shut out things rather than taking a scientific approach. Contrary to whats often stated, full out denial without investigation of the facts is not the least bit scientific or intelligent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Personally i think anyone who systematically denies thousands of experiences just because they have shaky preconceptions of what they entail and can be attributed to are nuts. Obviously there has been a bias here ever since the bias was implemented and its sad to see how willingly people shut out things rather than taking a scientific approach. Contrary to whats often stated, full out denial without investigation of the facts is not the least bit scientific or intelligent.

Ive been up too long nerves acting up very overtired so i might not understand correctly,

Science doesnt accept or reject it asks for testable evidence and examines it, sure there might not be a single lab of scientists who have yet tested for example bigfoot is an alien, because anecdotal isnt testable evidence, its only proof to some believers.

Look at chris obriens work, cattle mulatation are a convuluted mess of alien and human perpetrators, working both solo and in kahoots, so a very small cult following its real no proof required  but science waits for evidence where there is none.

1000s of people take blobsquatch or blobufo pics if you want to call me "nuts" because i do not view that trash as evidence, im good with that.

Are far as "investigation of the facts" are they really proven facts? The truth? Or more anecdotes and blobs?

For example "fact" chris o'brien has studied dead cow remains.

However, its not a proven fact aliens killed the cow, so scienceisnt gonna nake a jump aliens were involved, you have to prove evidence.

So if im unscientific and lack intelligence because i dont waste time on what i feel is rather obviously tripe im good with that too.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Ive been up too long nerves acting up very overtired so i might not understand correctly,

Science doesnt accept or reject it asks for testable evidence and examines it, sure there might not be a single lab of scientists who have yet tested for example bigfoot is an alien, because anecdotal isnt testable evidence, its only proof to some believers.

Look at chris obriens work, cattle mulatation are a convuluted mess of alien and human perpetrators, working both solo and in kahoots, so a very small cult following its real no proof required  but science waits for evidence where there is none.

1000s of people take blobsquatch or blobufo pics if you want to call me "nuts" because i do not view that trash as evidence, im good with that.

Are far as "investigation of the facts" are they really proven facts? The truth? Or more anecdotes and blobs?

For example "fact" chris o'brien has studied dead cow remains.

However, its not a proven fact aliens killed the cow, so scienceisnt gonna nake a jump aliens were involved, you have to prove evidence.

So if im unscientific and lack intelligence because i dont waste time on what i feel is rather obviously tripe im good with that too.

Well that's definitely not even close to what i was implying good try though.

Scientist can be bought and paid for political purposes. Here's an example on Climate Change according to the founder of the Weather Channel.

I see that CNN has John Coleman listed as Co-Founder and he had to correct them as Founder. So if scientist can be bought and paid for according

to John Coleman, what other things are they being paid for?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Well that's definitely not even close to what i was implying good try though.

You were convoluted, I did the best i could to figure it out.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, the13bats said:

You were convoluted, I did the best i could to figure it out.

Claiming a definitive conclusion based solely on opinion of a subject just isn't scientific to me.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Claiming a definitive conclusion based solely on opinion of a subject just isn't scientific to me.

No its not, but reaching assumptions that people base their conclusion solely on opinion is doing to them what you are damning them of doing.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

It might be easy to claim that there are those, that are scoffers, that systematically deny thousands of experiences. There might be a few. The fact is that a lot of experiences doesn't mean much. 

You also misuse being scientific. You really mean being skeptical which is to make a decision based on an examination of the facts. There is the trouble. There are so few facts to consider.

What we have seen with DeLonge is a track record of not providing what they stated they would provide through the TTSA. They promised a lot of videos and came up with a few easily explained and not too interesting videos. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Nnicolette, forgive my pessimism, but I don’t hold high hopes for anything that comes from DeLonge and co. He doesn’t have a very good track record (besides some of his music), and neither do the threads relating to him and TTSA on UM.

I vote that the documentary will be utter BS. Anything more and I’ll be surprised. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LOL I caught him on Joe Rogan. I can't decide whether the guy is a shill or just crazy. He seems to believe anything that comes his way and just makes up his own 'facts' as he goes along. I can only assume his 'documentary' will be much of the same. Yet another stain on UFO research. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

LOL I caught him on Joe Rogan. I can't decide whether the guy is a shill or just crazy. He seems to believe anything that comes his way and just makes up his own 'facts' as he goes along. I can only assume his 'documentary' will be much of the same. Yet another stain on UFO research. 

As a avid JRE fan I felt the same, seems to be chasing little green men  while on “white girl” 

Yep, 'white girl' is the first thing that popped out to me, too. His delusions and paranoia were pretty classic examples for those that prefer that particular vice. Dude needs help. 

• Like 1

Why would we think UFOs present a threat to our security? They are monitoring the Earth, fixing natural problems to prevent human life loss, and visually staying out of our social business. UFOs are behaving in the most ethical manner one could imagine. They have had thousands of years to threaten us, but they don't. Just leave them alone and focus on being a better human.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, David Thomson said:

Why would we think UFOs present a threat to our security? They are monitoring the Earth, fixing natural problems to prevent human life loss, and visually staying out of our social business. UFOs are behaving in the most ethical manner one could imagine. They have had thousands of years to threaten us, but they don't. Just leave them alone and focus on being a better human.

Is that what you were told during the last probing session?

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, David Thomson said:

They're not doing a very good job.

• Like 2

On 14.3.2019 at 2:35 PM, mdbuilder said:

National security?

They need funds.

• Like 1

On 14.3.2019 at 2:30 PM, Nnicolette said:

Personally i think anyone who systematically denies thousands of experiences

Personally, and until today, I`ve not seen a single "case" that would withstand a systematical analysis.

• Like 2

To be up front and honest I had never heard of this guy until this thread. And from what I have managed to research on him it seems that he is no more credible than any of the other crackpots out there.

• Like 1

On 14/03/2019 at 1:30 PM, Nnicolette said:

full out denial without investigation of the facts is not the least bit scientific or intelligent.

what facts?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, David Thomson said:

oh to live in a fantasy world

• Like 2