Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Tom DeLonge UFO docu-series announced

UM-Bot

On 3/14/2019 at 8:30 AM, Nnicolette said:

Personally i think anyone who systematically denies thousands of experiences just because they have shaky preconceptions of what they entail and can be attributed to are nuts. Obviously there has been a bias here ever since the bias was implemented and its sad to see how willingly people shut out things rather than taking a scientific approach. Contrary to whats often stated, full out denial without investigation of the facts is not the least bit scientific or intelligent.

I think what your are saying is there are people who will remain skeptical of any scientific investigation of UFO's regardless of any author, because they are sure they cannot exist.

I suppose the main reason for their thinking is the enormous distance between stars and believing light speed cannot be attained. When your technology grants you even sub light speed and time travel, mix the two.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

I think what your are saying is there are people who will remain skeptical of any scientific investigation of UFO's regardless of any author, because they are sure they cannot exist.

what skeptic in here is suggesting alien life cannot exist?

what scientific investigation/s are you referring to?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/14/2019 at 7:55 AM, UM-Bot said:

The new series will explore the subject of UFOs and the potential threat that they might pose to national security.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/326236/new-tom-delonge-ufo-docu-series-announced

Elizondo has contended that he and his research team have looked at all known explanations and they have encountered something very unique. I love this dance. Hope it gets "juicy." ^_^

Edited by Inversion5

On 3/16/2019 at 1:00 AM, Inversion5 said:

Elizondo has contended that he and his research team have looked at all known explanations and they have encountered something very unique. I love this dance. Hope it gets "juicy." ^_^

Elizondo et al have done a poor job and have misrepresented the videos. Others have analyzed the videos and shown clearly that there is nothing unusual in the videos.

Another problem for the TTSA is that they promised much more material and have only shown 3 videos IIRC. All of the videos had simple prosaic explanations.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2019 at 8:21 AM, Robotic Jew said:

Tom Delonge is a nut. The show should at least be entertaining and provide adequate opportunities for eye rolls.

I'm looking forward to the documentary.  I think that Tom DeLonge has done excellent research on the topic.  

He has done interviews with government officials, and he appears to be doing an in depth investigation on the phenomenon.  

There have been millions of eyewitness reports.  Think about it this way, has there ever been a court case where they called MILLIONS of people into the courtroom.  Who all saw the same phenomenon.

And there also is physical evidence. Crop circles, alien implants, photograps, videos of the Phoenix lights, the lights over Washington, and numerous other photos.  The case that aliens are visiting earth is quite strong 

On 3/14/2019 at 9:30 AM, Nnicolette said:

Personally i think anyone who systematically denies thousands of experiences just because they have shaky preconceptions of what they entail and can be attributed to are nuts. Obviously there has been a bias here ever since the bias was implemented and its sad to see how willingly people shut out things rather than taking a scientific approach. Contrary to whats often stated, full out denial without investigation of the facts is not the least bit scientific or intelligent.

I agree.  Science is being objective. Being objective is not setting out to prove or deny anything.  

There is quite a lot of evidence for UFOs too, so it honestly really shocks me that a "scientist" would just ignore it like that.  

Honestly, mainstream "science" is a joke imo and the "scientists" you see denying aren't even real scientists imo.  Not following the scientific method at all and just promoting their own biases as facts honestly 

Edited by BuddingPsychic1111
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

@BuddingPsychic1111

Are you Tom DeLonge? I'm on to you.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, CigaretteSmokingMan said:

@BuddingPsychic1111

Are you Tom DeLonge? I'm on to you.. 

This would actually make a lot of sense! 

• Like 5

On 14/03/2019 at 1:30 PM, Nnicolette said:

full out denial without investigation of the facts is not the least bit scientific or intelligent.

But they are not facts. 

Some claims are too ridicilous to investigate. 

On 16/03/2019 at 12:09 AM, South Alabam said:

because they are sure they cannot exist.

There is a big difference between not believing alien life exists to not believing aliens are visiting Earth.

I think it would be pretty naive to think we are the only planet with life on it in the entire Universe. 

I do not believe at all that aliens are visiting Earth and i have the NO evidence to support that. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I'm looking forward to the documentary.  I think that Tom DeLonge has done excellent research on the topic.  

He has done interviews with government officials, and he appears to be doing an in depth investigation on the phenomenon.  

There have been millions of eyewitness reports.  Think about it this way, has there ever been a court case where they called MILLIONS of people into the courtroom.  Who all saw the same phenomenon.

And there also is physical evidence. Crop circles, alien implants, photograps, videos of the Phoenix lights, the lights over Washington, and numerous other photos.  The case that aliens are visiting earth is quite strong 

I agree.  Science is being objective. Being objective is not setting out to prove or deny anything.  

There is quite a lot of evidence for UFOs too, so it honestly really shocks me that a "scientist" would just ignore it like that.  

Honestly, mainstream "science" is a joke imo and the "scientists" you see denying aren't even real scientists imo.  Not following the scientific method at all and just promoting their own biases as facts honestly 

DeLonge has not done anything anyone should call research. He seems more of an organizer of a for profit venture.

You mention he met government officials. I meet them every day. So what? 

You say there are millions of people who say they have seen this phenomenon. How do you know that they "all saw the same phenomenon." That is something to be determined. It might be wishful thinking on your part. Maybe people saw all sorts of different phenomena. Wouldn't that be the more likely case? 

Now here is where the mistakes really pile up. Crop circles are all man made landscape art. Why mention them? Alien implants? None found so far. Photographs? Sure there are blurry photos of something that cannot be identified. The Phoenix lights. Love it. The first video which you are probably not aware of shows that the first event was planes. The other videos show that the lights are over the range where planes are dropping flares. And on and on - the case for visitation by aliens is nil, nada, right around nothing.

You can call mainstream science a joke. That is more than likely due to you not understanding science. It is simpler to pretend that science is a joke instead of learning how science works.

Let me give you an example from my own experiences. I am driving over a mountain pass one early morning when a strange emerald green light crosses the sky in an arc sprinkling golden sparkles behind it. I thought that some nut was shooting off fireworks over the highway in a heavily wooded area. As I drove in the dark well before sunrise I realized as I gained the pass that the light could not have been ever near the mountain pass or the ground. So what did I see. Already I was concerned about my observation. All I could count on being correct I have already mentioned:

• Did not have what appeared to be a straight path
  • Dark emerald green
  • Golden sparkles behind the moving object

Now I have to think about this.

• Was the motion of my vehicle responsible for the apparent motion of what I saw?
  • Was the color as deep a green as I recalled?
  • Were there really golden sparkles or was this some artifact of the object being bright in a dark sky?
  • Were there clouds?
  • How long did I see the object?
  • Was it a plane?
  • Was it a meteor?
  • Despite not appearing to originate from the ground, could it have been fireworks.

On the topic of meteors I look into it and learn that there are over 30 types of metals that have deep green glows when ionized. A possibility is a high nickel content meteor. But reading about meteors and me thinking about it I realize that becomes unlikely because it was in the sky a long time. So was it a plane? Unlikely. Why would the lights have appeared and ended so abruptly?

I realize through reading of scientific material I have excluded a very good candidate for this event. The candidate explains the duration of the event, the color of the event, the path of the event. It's not little green men from Mars or Pleiades or any of the other places people pretend aliens come from. It was almost certainly incoming space junk. I watched something in Earth orbit dropped into the atmosphere and harmlessly burn up.

Can I be certain that is the case? No. Does this clearly explain what I observed? Yes.

• Thanks 8

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

DeLonge has not done anything anyone should call research. He seems more of an organizer of a for profit venture.

He'll sell you a book, magazine, hat,tee shirt, hoodie and even track pants with a cute UFO on it.

I've been trying to locate the credentials on his boy Miller from Lockheed Martin. Can't seem to find any. Not even on NCIC-HS. 

• Like 3

Steve Justice doesn't seem to have had anything to do with Lockheed Martin either......

Is that not all anyone in the field of Ufology is out for? Money! It's the exact some scenario in cryptozoology.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Alien Origins said:

Is that not all anyone in the field of Ufology is out for? Money! It's the exact some scenario in cryptozoology.

As with fake gurus, plastic shaman and alternative medicine. 

You know. Natives and Hindus do not accept converts. Nor believe in "selling spirituality". So if a Guru, or Shaman  wrote a book or held a workshop. They are bogus. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

But they are not facts. 

Some claims are too ridicilous to investigate. 

There is a big difference between not believing alien life exists to not believing aliens are visiting Earth.

I think it would be pretty naive to think we are the only planet with life on it in the entire Universe. 

I do not believe at all that aliens are visiting Earth and i have the NO evidence to support that. 

I said facts and you said claims... Not at all the same thing. Also, of course some claims are too ridiculous to investigate, but that doesnt warrant clamining its a fact that all evidence and claims are baseless simply due to opinion of the matter. Its psuedoscientific and these type of biases stand in the way and often cover actual discovery.

30 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I said facts and you said claims... Not at all the same thing. Also, of course some claims are too ridiculous to investigate, but that doesnt warrant clamining its a fact that all evidence and claims are baseless simply due to opinion of the matter. Its psuedoscientific and these type of biases stand in the way and often cover actual discovery.

It is a fact that there is no proof of ET visiting Earth.

That’s the point. 

The ‘Some claims are too ridiculous to investigate’ comment was just highlighting that it is perfectly reasonable to deny some claims which are obviously not worth investigating, clearly false etc.

Edit: And just to clarify; when I say it’s a fact there’s no proof, I mean that nothing ever provided as ‘proof’ in the history of our existence has been able to stand up to scrutiny. If proof exists, it’s not public. Although I still sincerely believe that proof of ET visiting Earth doesn’t exist. 

That doesn’t mean that I don’t hope or believe that there is life somewhere out there. It would be a bit sad if we were it in this big universe.

Edited by Timothy
Edit.
  • Thanks 6

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

Comparable to your "research", which is none.

• Like 5

Hey budding if you like that fellow you would love chris obrien