Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beto O'Rourke announces presidential run

Still Waters

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

It's so incredibly difficult to change this current system from within.

I think that was one great hope for Trump and one big millstone for Hillary.  Trump was an outsider,  Hillary was up to her earrings in status quo.  I won't say resistance id futile, but it will take a person of principle who has a goal to serve the people in order to resist the call to join the collective and have unlimited money and power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn't think Beto O'Rourke was going to run, I'm not sure why I thought that. He does have some political potential, but he's going up against many strong democrat candidates. He's kinda like the underdog.

• Like 1

To me, he comes off as a complete phony...but, Yes!  He does have exciting hands !

• Like 3

Some insightful commentary brought to you once again by Fox News

Beto needs to stop acting like his brain is made of clay and use common sense when it comes to border security.

He talks about 'tearing down walls' yet he lives in a house supported by walls.

https://www.indy100.com/article/diamond-silk-fox-beto-o-rourke-border-wall-house-8782761

• Like 1

I can’t imagine someone named “Beto” as president.

• Haha 1

He wrote a story when he was young about running over children in a car and expressed his joy for it. How many more psychopaths d you want to vote into power!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

7whr9rmjm6m21.jpg

The cartoon is more entertaining. His announcement speech was a yawner. I couldn’t even listen to two minute increments.

After Trump, nobody wants another bore. The Democratics had better come up with someone entertaining who understands that this is also a comedy show.

I don't think he has a chance of winning the Dems nomination simply because he is a white guy.

Right now the democractic party is all about how many demographic boxes you can fill. 

• Like 4

Beto has no shot...but he already knows that.  Taking money from idiot Dem supporters, however, has been lucrative for him.

What is entertaining, are the details of his past as they start to leak out:

Reuters Shelved 'Buff My Balls Beto' Hacker Story Until After 2018 Senate Race

On Friday morning, the day after O'Rourke announced his bid for the White House in 2020, Reuters' Joseph Menn finally dropped his scoop revealing that O'Rourke belonged to the "Cult of the Dead Cow" (CDC) hacker group as a teenager, where it was revealed that he went under the handle "Psychedelic Warlord." 

Once Reuters revealed that O'Rourke went under the handle "Psychedelic Warlord," several creepy writings emerged that he had written. In one, O'Rourke fantasized about murdering children with a car. 

In another - a poem called "THE SONG OF THE COW," O'Rourke worships a ball-buffing, butt-shining, ass-waxing cow that provides "milky wonder," which the Daily Caller paid someone to perform.

orourke_0.jpg

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-17/reuters-shelved-butt-shine-beto-hacker-story-until-after-2018-senate-race

My guess is that Beto will stay in the "race" only long enough to rake in a sizable sum and then throw his endorsement to someone else before the heat becomes too much to stand.

Edited by hacktorp

I'm a Democrat for now and I don't care for him. He's too far right and not progressive enough for my preferences. No, I don't hate Trump enough to vote for just anyone they run. I'll like who I vote for or I'll not vote. The Democrats are neoliberals, so I'm considering leaving the party altogether. I'd claim the party left me but I've never been within their notice or calculations. I'm invisible to them... in both major parties actually.

Just my .02

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Silver Surfer said:

He wrote a story when he was young about running over children in a car and expressed his joy for it. How many more psychopaths d you want to vote into power!?

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

Trump will be re-elected.

I guess we will keep the one we have thank you.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

What is entertaining, are the details of his past as they start to leak out:

WHAT?  Hacktorp, now you want to invoke the MSM?  Fake News!  There was no Cowlussion!  Joseph Menn was hired by Hillary to get dirt on him as a potential opponent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

WHAT?  Hacktorp, now you want to invoke the MSM?  Fake News!  There was no Cowlussion!  Joseph Menn was hired by Hillary to get dirt on him as a potential opponent.

Lol...it's indeed a weird moment for the country, being only halfway through the looking-glass.

With any luck, we won't get stuck here.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Imagine if he ever had to use his Veto. the press would have an alliterative field day. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Lol...it's indeed a weird moment for the country, being only halfway through the looking-glass.

With any luck, we won't get stuck here.

So how do you tell if the MSM is telling the truth or lying? 

Other than by the colour of the subject's tie of course. 

• Like 1

The Democratic Ticket has way too many people on it, (over 20), that are running for the Office of the President in the 2020 Election!  The Democratic votes will be divided up between too many candidates which makes it impossible for any of them to win!!  Hopefully they will "get a clue", if not, then they should just declare Trump as the winner right now!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, archer95446 said:

The Democratic Ticket has way too many people on it, (over 20), that are running for the Office of the President in the 2020 Election!  The Democratic votes will be divided up between too many candidates which makes it impossible for any of them to win!!  Hopefully they will "get a clue", if not, then they should just declare Trump as the winner right now!!!

Not... quite... how it works... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

So how do you tell if the MSM is telling the truth or lying? 

Other than by the colour of the subject's tie of course. 

I always encourage people to subject everything they read and/or hear to rigorous common-sense scrutiny.

But at the same time, I acknowledge Voltaire's words: "Common sense is not so common".

Obviously, then, not everyone follows my advice.

12 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I  believe his given name is Robert Francis.

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

I always encourage people to subject everything they read and/or hear to rigorous common-sense scrutiny.

But at the same time, I acknowledge Voltaire's words: "Common sense is not so common".

Obviously, then, not everyone follows my advice.

Your common sense appears to be heavily tainted with your bias. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Setton said:

Your common sense appears to be heavily tainted with your bias. 

You're endlessly fiddling on about US politics while your OWN country burns...and MY common sense is tainted?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hacktorp said:

You're endlessly fiddling on about US politics while your OWN country burns...and MY common sense is tainted?

Happy to report no fires out the window this morning so I've got time to post here.

Perhaps your perception of my country is also a little skewed. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Setton said:

Happy to report no fires out the window this morning so I've got time to post here.

A 'common-sense' refrain always heard among bovids.

Until it's not.