Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What We Think Of As "Paranormal" May Be .....

macqdor

6 minutes ago, macqdor said:

I didn't say the article should be treated with respect. I said the author.  A lot you skeptics love to character assassinate.  Calling someone a crazy or their idea ludicrous doesn't advance the dialogue.  All you want to do is belittle someone. Question people's motives.    I respect the article and the person.  More than i do skeptics. Skeptics especially those in communities like this (all they do is) nip pick and cherry pick. You have the luxury of hiding behind a computer screen and critiquing everything thats brought here.   If actions speak louder than words and it does. I humbly turn to you and ask.   What have you done?  What writings do you have?

if the light was suddenly turned on some of you (metaphor ) you'd scatter like roaches. 

its EZ to shoot others ideas down when yours haven't reached one printing press.

@stereologist

I believe this is a straw man argument. The issue has to do with the article being poorly written, poorly organized and full of illogical constructs.

You can chatter all you want to about the author. I referred tot he author as an employee of TTSA.

Your complaint here is a straw man argument unrelated to what has been posted.

you taught me very well.   I'm learning from you guys.    

@stereologist

1 minute ago, macqdor said:

LOL  you haven't shot down anything. Only in your own mind LOL

Do you need me to repeat Stereo's comments? 

every skeptic is a King in a Kingdom who's population is negative zero.

LMAO

That makes no sense at all. At least you're consistent. 

• Like 2

LOL  you haven't shot down anything. Only in your own mind LOL

every skeptic is a King in a Kingdom who's population is negative zero.

LMAO

Reading and comprehension skills are required.

Apparently you do not know what a skeptic is.

Although I have posted it multiple times it seems too difficult for you to understand. A skeptic is someone looking for evidence to make a decision. Evidence has been presented in this thread showing the poor qualityof the article, how it is poorly organized, and its illogical constructs.

The cockamamie malarkey you've posted here is unrelated to the meaning of skeptic.

• Thanks 2

you taught me very well.   I'm learning from you guys.    

@stereologist

Thankfully we've been able to teach you what a straw man argument is. Now you are less likely to incorrectly use that term in future posts.

• Thanks 1

Thankfully we've been able to teach you what a straw man argument is. Now you are less likely to incorrectly use that term in future posts.

so you admit you do teach it.  Thank you.

Here is a quote from the article that has been recently posted in the thread.

Even today, the United States Air Force and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is developing technology to allow pilots to fly aircraft with brainwaves.

What does that have to do with paranormal? Nothing.

The fact that there is electrical activity in the brain as been known since 1875. It was detected and measured at that time.

The ability to detect that electrical activity has progressed since then. Analyzing that has been an interesting portion of the field of neuroscience.

Anything paranormal here? No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What does that have to do with paranormal? Nothing.

The fact that there is electrical activity in the brain as been known since 1875. It was detected and measured at that time.

The ability to detect that electrical activity has progressed since then. Analyzing that has been an interesting portion of the field of neuroscience.

Anything paranormal here? No.

You need to study Psi science more.   Seriously join a Parapsychology org and get your questions answered the old fashion way.  By reading.

The author elegantly demonstrates IMO how the paranormal isn't really the paranormal.  The paranormal are just science events that man has yet to have an answer for.

One day we will. Hopefully.

if I threw you in a time machine and tossed you back 2,000 years.  The people you encounter would think you were a God. Based on the contents of your pocket.

In the late 1970s, Josephson’s work took a turn that was looked upon unfavorably by some peers. He began to focus on the human brain and links between quantum physics and parapsychologist or paranormal phenomena such as telepathy and extra-sensory perception.

7 hours ago, macqdor said:

You need to study Psi science more.   Seriously join a Parapsychology org and get your questions answered the old fashion way.  By reading.

The author elegantly demonstrates IMO how the paranormal isn't really the paranormal.  The paranormal are just science events that man has yet to have an answer for.

One day we will. Hopefully.

if I threw you in a time machine and tossed you back 2,000 years.  The people you encounter would think you were a God. Based on the contents of your pocket.

:lol:

There is no evidence for the paranormal. Please feel free to provide something.

The author makes a rather nonsensical appeal that the paranormal isn't really paranormal. In the case of the brain waves issue he is misrepresenting the idea of detection and interpretation of brain waves to appeal to fools.

The paranormal is a fictional idea that is not based on reality. The employee of TTSA completely fails to make their argument that the TTSA should be funded.

Your final suggestion has nothing to do with the paranormal.

When fringe money grubbing groups such as the TTSA operate, they need to produce a narrative that appeals to the gullible to send them money.

The article is nothing more than an advertisement to get the TTSA cash. It is very similar to the dubious posting about poltergeists that maqcdor does to promote the fiction book he is selling.

What is curious is why people think that the activities of the TTSA are related to the paranormal. The article might be an effort by the TTSA to dip into the pockets of those most likely to be scammed.

• Thanks 1