Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christchurch shooting

psyche101

5 hours ago, Habitat said:

Donald Trump is bound to be on the phone to NZ PM Jacinda Ardern, I'd bet the words "bad people" will cross the trumpster's lips, in that conversation !

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring trump into it.

• Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring trump into it.

Since the shooter referenced and praised Trump as inspiration in his manifesto, I'd say Trump is part of the killer's story.  No way around that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6812653/Christchurch-shooter-supported-Trump-launched-attack-spark-civil-war-U-S-manifesto-says.html

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/03/zealand-mosques-attack-suspect-praised-trump-manifesto-190315100143150.html

Edited by The Wistman
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

Since the shooter referenced and praised Trump as inspiration in his manifesto, I'd say Trump is part of the killer's story.  No way around that.

The sick b****** who pulled the trigger is the one with the blood on his hands.  Trump has not called for such things to happen and bears no responsibility for the murders. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

Well isn't that as convenient as a white van covered in Trump meme stickers, owned by the world's worst bomb maker. 

This psycho was pretty clear in his manifesto he strongly disagreed with Trump's policies. Doesn't sound like a full on fan boy to me. Regardless, are they still looking for multiple shooters here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Well isn't that as convenient as a white van covered in Trump meme stickers, owned by the world's worst bomb maker. 

This psycho was pretty clear in his manifesto he strongly disagreed with Trump's policies. Doesn't sound like a full on fan boy to me. Regardless, are they still looking for multiple shooters here?

Please back up that statement with a link.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

Sure. It's in the first link you posted. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6812653/Christchurch-shooter-supported-Trump-launched-attack-spark-civil-war-U-S-manifesto-says.html

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

Un-bloody-believable. From the Alazeera link:

In the aftermath of the shooting attacks, Australian senator Fraser Anning published a statement where he blamed immigration and Muslims.

"The real cause of bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration program which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place," Anning said.

"The truth is that Islam is not like any other faith. It is the religious equivalent of fascism. And just because the followers of this savage belief were not the killers in this instance, does not make them blameless."

The Queensland senator's comments were condemned by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who expressed his repulsion.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 5

4 hours ago, Gunn said:

Do we need to do it in this thread? Just start another thread if you want to go there.

a.) Sunshine, I cannot find your name on the mod list, so whats your point?

b.) If you are in the opinion that gun control has no connection to mass shootings, then you have reached an upper level of ignorance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Piney said:

People who hate will find justification of their hatred everywhere. Even from Jesus and Buddha. 

It's looking more and more like this shooting might have been in response to Australian politicians criticizing their media for exposing Muslim rape gangs within their country. This was the straw that broke the white boy's back. He was already concerned about "white genocide" (low white birth rates in Western nations leading to an inevitable racial replacement,) and frustrated with what he perceived to be leniency towards to Muslim extremists and rapists. Not sure where he got the big guns but he felt cornered, he snapped and thought the best way to combat the slow growth of Islam was to shoot up Mosques. 

Now an extremist on the other the end is going to drive a truck through a crowd, which will radicalize another unhinged white guy and down we go. :wacko:

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

He was already concerned about "white genocide" (low white birth rates in Western nations leading to an inevitable racial replacement,)

Listening to people in the States cry that horse**** is giving NDNs one hell of a giggle.

47 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Now an extremist on the other the end is going to drive a truck through a crowd, which will radicalize another unhinged white guy and down we go. :wacko:

And politicians have forgotten the concept of "common ground" and will be starting fires on both sides. :hmm:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Wistman said:

We aren't allowed to post the manifesto but no, the shooter did not agree with Trump's policies. It was posted and Saru said no.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

I spoke too soon. Already there are posts on Twitter promising "revenge" for the attack, showing assault rifles with Islamic writing on the magazines, today's date and direct references to Christchurch. With or without the media, more gas has been dumped on the fire. We are headed in to dark waters now, lads..:mellow:

• Sad 3

38 minutes ago, susieice said:

We aren't allowed to post the manifesto but no, the shooter did not agree with Trump's policies. It was posted and Saru said no.

I agree with Saru

This kids picture, live stream, and manifesto should not be shared or posted anywhere.

He deserves to die without any recognition.

IMO, Unfourntatly that will not happen.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Un-bloody-believable. From the Alazeera link:

In the aftermath of the shooting attacks, Australian senator Fraser Anning published a statement where he blamed immigration and Muslims.

"The real cause of bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration program which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place," Anning said.

"The truth is that Islam is not like any other faith. It is the religious equivalent of fascism. And just because the followers of this savage belief were not the killers in this instance, does not make them blameless."

The Queensland senator's comments were condemned by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who expressed his repulsion.

Members of the ****** Ku Klux Klan are able to stand as senators in Australia??  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Members of the ****** Ku Klux Klan are able to stand as senators in Australia??  

If enough people support him, and unfortunately the “red pilled” people do.

• Like 2

Seems like the terrorist's paper echoed the Breivik manifesto, seeing migrants as a direct threat to society, to their race even.

Two main factors I think contributes to these trends..

- uncontrolled, massive influx of foreign cultures damaging the social cohesion and increasing tensions between social / ethnic groups, foreign Vs native cultures;

- populist government officials trying to score points in painting migrants as a threat, criminals, deplorables.. thereby throwing oil on the already well kindled fire.

..Lets just not let these extremist crazy mofo's from either side dictate our reality, society. Heart goes out to New Zealand / Muslim friends, this is horrible, a real nightmare. :(

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I have 3 Very important points to make.

1. New Zealand has never before had an issue with Muslims or immigrants. We are a country of immigrants, and no one has really caused any trouble up until now.

2.New Zealands gun laws are on par with Australia. They are not softer. They are basically the same. Our police are not armed, but I hope that will change.

3. The things we say and the things we post on social media influence others. We have a responsibility to each other when posting. Nonsense, fake news, pot stirring you tubers making money off of the new wave shock joc channels. That is what bread this lunatic. Not Donald Trump not Muslim’s but greedy misinformation spreaders.

I have to disagree with you some on point 3.

It sounds similar to blaming "violent video games", "cartoons", "movies", "radio", "rap", "heavy metal", "insert cause of mass shootings here".

It sounds like the new blame is "social media".

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I have to disagree with you some on point 3.

It sounds similar to blaming "violent video games", "cartoons", "movies", "radio", "rap", "heavy metal", "insert cause of mass shootings here".

Social media does stir the pot. I'm seeing it on facebook now. People saying things that further their own agendas rather than what was actually true.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/2019/03/15/new-zealand-mosque-shooting-video-social-media-cristina-alesci-sot-nr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/new-zealand-mosque-shootings/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5

In respect to the ones who lost their lives on this fateful day, we are all brothers in arms against extremist ideologies, from within and from without.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Many of us "workers" here have discussed on the side how it does a good job of dehumanizing us. "Collecting" friends. Not making them. Treating people like the objects we use to communicate. 

@Kismit  Might not remember a argument we had about 15 years ago. I was blaming my son's death on teenage subcultures. I was wrong. She was right. I don't think she's wrong here either. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Umm... it’s was an Aussie ****** right wing d******* extremist with a hate fueled hard on, not a Muslim.

Ah yes, I only had two minutes to watch the news this morning before I left for work.

I thought it was Muslim terrorists.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked