Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christchurch shooting

psyche101

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

I have 3 Very important points to make.

1. New Zealand has never before had an issue with Muslims or immigrants. We are a country of immigrants, and no one has really caused any trouble up until now.

2.New Zealands gun laws are on par with Australia. They are not softer. They are basically the same. Our police are not armed, but I hope that will change.

3. The things we say and the things we post on social media influence others. We have a responsibility to each other when posting. Nonsense, fake news, pot stirring you tubers making money off of the new wave shock joc channels. That is what bread this lunatic. Not Donald Trump not Muslim’s but greedy misinformation spreaders.

the sad truth is that getting guns illegally is a simple enough process here in Australia and by the looks of it also the same in NZ. unfortunately, in this particular instance i don't think that tighter or softer gun laws would have made a difference. these people acted in a methodical, well planned and reptilian way. not on a whim. 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, toast said:

a.) Sunshine, I cannot find your name on the mod list, so whats your point?

b.) If you are in the opinion that gun control has no connection to mass shootings, then you have reached an upper level of ignorance

Answer to a.) I don't give a goddamn. You don't like what I said? Tough! Deal with it. And the point is slick, is this is a news info thread where info is just coming in and people are grieving and dealing with the shock of it all. What makes it worse is because something like this has never occurred before or expected to have happen in New Zealand.

Answer to b.) I think you reached a new upper level of ignorance when you want to start in on arguing about gun control in a news thread, where horrific information is coming in, and when other people are grieving and trying to get over the shock of it all. Either that or you're just a insensitive jerk.

So where's your gun control and recent mass shootings thread, or whatever you want to call it, if you're so itching to discuss it?

Edited by Gunn
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gunn said:

*snip babble*

Looking at your name, your avatar and your gun fetish in general, I dont think, a.) a discussion with you would make any sense and b.) I`m not interested to discuss the issue with you further. Kiss your AR14 and have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

2.New Zealands gun laws are on par with Australia. They are not softer. They are basically the same. Our police are not armed, but I hope that will change.

"Australia has the tightest gun control policies in the Pacific and some of the most comprehensive regulations internationally.

New Zealand is at the opposite end of the spectrum with some of the most permissive gun policies in the Pacific region. Among developed nations it stands alone with the United States as the only two countries without universal gun registration."

https://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/australia-and-new-zealand

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/newzealand.php

(Only saying)

Wishing you all strength. Praying for a better world with far fewer cowardly murderers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, toast said:

Looking at your name, your avatar and your gun fetish in general, I dont think, a.) a discussion with you would make any sense and b.) I`m not interested to discuss the issue with you further. Kiss your AR14 and have a nice day.

:lol: So overall "No". That's what I thought you'd say. You just wanted to get in some short argumentative zingers in, every now and then to satisfy your obsessive gun control fetish, huh? Well off with you then. By-by!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Talked with a friend of mine in New Zealand long into the night after this broke. She was terribly shook up by this. 

To the "don't be a sheep" comment up thread. Don't know many here in my particular part of the South that bring guns with them to mass, and despite all the fear mongering that gets to the media I've never felt the need to. 

If that's the response to this, you can blow it. 

Years back I read some of the propoganda pushed out by Is and similar groups. Unfortunately these sort of attacks and the quote from the Aussi politician upthread are exactly the sort stuff they use for their recruitment and incitement. 

As a big fan of social media, I must point out too that Is and other groups, including domestic groups here in the US, make ready use of it for incitement and membership. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've seen in some sources that the shooter has been charged with the murders. He is supposed to appear in court Saturday morning, which considering the time difference, will be Friday evening here in the US. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, susieice said:

I've seen in some sources that the shooter has been charged with the murders. He is supposed to appear in court Saturday morning, which considering the time difference, will be Friday evening here in the US. 

apparently, he'll plead not guilty. his defence is protecting the white race. also the guns he used were obtained legally. the New Zealand PM is preparing new legislation for tighter gun controls. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

apparently, he'll plead not guilty. his defence is protecting the white race. also the guns he used were obtained legally. the New Zealand PM is preparing new legislation for tighter gun controls. 

I'm surprised to hear the weapons were legally obtained. Usually when someone like this is armed to the teeth, they aren't. I read that he intends to plead not guilty. I hope he gets thrown into a pit and forgotten.

• Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

I'm surprised to hear the weapons were legally obtained. Usually when someone like this is armed to the teeth, they aren't. I read that he intends to plead not guilty. I hope he gets thrown into a pit and forgotten.

me too. lets hope he never see's the light of day. i can't believe that we have these type of people living amongst us. very scary. i just hope that there are no copy cat revenge attacks. thats my concern. 

• Like 3

Just now, Captain Risky said:

me too. lets hope he never see's the light of day. i can't believe that we have these type of people living amongst us. very scary. i just hope that there are no copy cat revenge attacks. thats my concern. 

I hear you. So much spreading of false information going on. Peoples' own biases are fanning flames. Even the media is being guarded about what they say and they admit that they aren't sure if the suspect's name is actually correct. New Zealand authorities haven't released that yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kismit said:

If enough people support him, and unfortunately the “red pilled” people do.

14 people voted for him.

a cluster**** of errors by other politicians meant he was the last candidate standing.

ETA: I’m sorry I did Fraser Anning an injustice and misrepresented the number of people who voted for him..... it was 17 people.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

I hear you. So much spreading of false information going on. Peoples' own biases are fanning flames. Even the media is being guarded about what they say and they admit that they aren't sure if the suspect's name is actually correct. New Zealand authorities haven't released that yet.

yeah i get the same feeling also. maybe because the facts are being drip feed into the media. i do know that he's Australian and from a coastal town called Grafton. a few details have been released like his father died when he was young and he spent 7 years travelling the world and spending alot of time in countries like Pakistan and Turkey. its all so very surreal and the facts and reasons cloudy. i saw the killers picture and he's described as 28 years old yet he seems much older.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Habitat said:

What a shocker.  New Zealand is such a tolerant country, doesn't deserve this. 

are there countries that do deserve it? ;)

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

yeah i get the same feeling also. maybe because the facts are being drip feed into the media. i do know that he's Australian and from a coastal town called Grafton. a few details have been released like his father died when he was young and he spent 7 years travelling the world and spending alot of time in countries like Pakistan and Turkey. its all so very surreal and the facts and reasons cloudy. i saw the killers picture and he's described as 28 years old yet he seems much older.  

CNN now has his picture on their site. I was the one who posted the manifesto but I respect Saru's decision to not have it on this site. He didn't value Trump or the US. Spoke very little about the US. Or Europe. It was solid distaste for everyone. All sites are taking down the links to the manifesto and the video. A lot of stories are going around but hopefully we can all move past it and deal with this guy. Just forget him and what he said. Toss away the key and let him rot!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

CNN now has his picture on their site. I was the one who posted the manifesto but I respect Saru's decision to not have it on this site. He didn't value Trump or the US. Spoke very little about the US. Or Europe. It was solid distaste for everyone. All sites are taking down the links to the manifesto and the video. A lot of stories are going around but hopefully we can all move past it and deal with this guy. Just forget him and what he said. Toss away the key and let him rot!

yeah i agree. lets calm things down, lock him up and through away the key. sadly i agree with Saru to remove any links or posts pertaining to this nut job. this idiot doesn't deserve any space at all.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Anywhere in the world, if someone want one and have money for it, he will find a way. Firearms regulation cannot control crazy people who have money to spend. It will just take more time to get it and will be unregistered and more difficult to trace.

Yeah it's easy to get a gun if you want to where i live you can get one in 20 min or even a hand grenate and it wont cost you much. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Ah yes, I only had two minutes to watch the news this morning before I left for work.

I thought it was Muslim terrorists.

Not that White Nationalist terrorists are any better.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

If that is the case, this was just an "accident" waiting to happen. This confirms my suspicion he went to NZ because sourcing these weapons here, unless entrenched in the criminal sub-culture, would have been difficult.  What a black mark of legislative neglect for NZ. They have almost invited this.

1 hour ago, Impedancer said:

Yeah it's easy to get a gun if you want to where i live you can get one in 20 min or even a hand grenate and it wont cost you much. 

You must mix with the underworld.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

If that is the case, this was just an "accident" waiting to happen. This confirms my suspicion he went to NZ because sourcing these weapons here, unless entrenched in the criminal sub-culture, would have been difficult.  What a black mark of legislative neglect for NZ. They have almost invited this.

Re: the bolded part.

That's a bit much.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Re: the bolded part.

That's a bit much.

I said "if this is the case" (re legal availability of weapons such as used yesterday) it is just the  dumbest govt policy imaginable, and I'd call it criminal neglect, if once again, this is actually the case. Australia quit semi-auto guns years ago, after a similar massacre, and that NZ did not follow suit, probably reflects not wanting to ape Australia, as much as anything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You must mix with the underworld.

@Habitat Believe it or not i dont but i do know some pretty dubious people, if you know where to look you can get hold of these things fairly easy which is frightening. 

Edited by Impedancer
  • Like 2

NZ PM says gun laws will change. Horse, gate, bolted. If this germ admits he went to NZ because getting guns was easy, or it is established some other way to be the case, a whole generation of politicians will be put to shame.

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

yeah i agree. lets calm things down, lock him up and through away the key. sadly i agree with Saru to remove any links or posts pertaining to this nut job. this idiot doesn't deserve any space at all.  

There's an article on Cracked.com on why conspiracy theories are destroying the world.  This guy's 'manifesto' seems to have a few conspiracy theories as it's basis.

1. He seems to be "channelling" Charlie Manson.
  2. He's peddling into the Muslim birth-rate conspiracy.
  3. His hopes of gun control igniting conflict echo some themes from Port Arthur Conspiracy.
  4. His reason for chosen for choosing New Zealand, lean into NZ being a proving ground for the globalist agenda.

His support for protectionism and immigration control has been shown to be economy killer here in Australia.  He's apparently unaware of 'Populate or Perish'.

His delusion will remain on the internet, waiting to be found by someone who's all messed up with nowhere to blow.

Lies and BS should be exposed rather than hidden.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked