Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christchurch shooting

psyche101

32 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

In this case I'd blame social media in general and 8chan specifically.

I will say that CNN has not said anything about what this shooter said about Trump in the manifesto. ABC did, and of course, out of context. They are playing right into what the next two sentences said about his wish for civil war by doing that. A lot of people who didn't see the manifesto will believe that. The US got 4 lines out of an 87 page piece of crap and we weren't alone. News channels need to watch what they say and not take things out of context.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

no i disagree! in the UK the influx of immigrants IS the problem! any Indian/ African/ Pakistani/ Jamaican/ Polish etc etc= that have lived here for many generations will tell you that!

it has nothing to do with where you're from & what you believe! 

if there's no room in your shed to store any more 'stuff' then there's no room & that's it= basic common sense (well, it should be)!?!-- where the 'stuff' comes from is irrelevant......…

Well, if that was the majority opinion of the public, a political movement based on it would have taken power and stopped it.

11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Largely ignorance of society at large. If you imagine migrants are the cause of your life's woes, the odds are the real causes are much closer to home, in your own failings. This character appears to have had a very spotty employment record, and "wasn't interested in education". That was never going to end well, and how much easier to scapegoat some other group, and blame them, than applying himself productively.

no, his life was never going to get any better with that background. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Holy double posting echo chamber Batman!

Are you ok likely...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Well, if that was the majority opinion of the public

yeah you're a funny boy! when has a government ever listened to & acted on the majority opinion of the public?

edit to add:

or even had the brains & intelligence to understand what the public wants?

Edited by Dejarma
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah you're a funny boy! when has a government ever listened to & acted on the majority opinion of the public?

edit to add:

In a democracy, the people are the govt, if they are prepared to pull their finger out.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Are you ok likely...

I think so.

I just saw Habitat's and Dejarma's comments on the last page, both posted twice one after the other.

Maybe my dial-up got over heated? :huh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habitat said:

Political violence, to the extent this is,  has no justification in a democratic system, I couldn't care where he gets his rationalizations from, people of this bent have the opportunity to get elected and change laws in the direction they want, but can only convince a tiny minority. They want the tail to wag the dog, and when it does not, sometimes get very nasty about it.

Listening to Shorten now, he says not all hate speech leads to violence; but, the violent hate crimes come from hate speech.

The hate speech and conspiracies need to be exposed, countered and torn apart; not hidden.

Free speech has never been more important.

Edited by Golden Duck

13 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

edit to add:

At elections.

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

In a democracy, the people are the govt, if they are prepared to pull their finger out.

well that's the point isn't it! == there shouldn't be a hole that one needs to pull ones finger out of!

<democracy> what does that mean? =technically you've the right to vote for who you want-- BUT ONLY out of those who can afford to run for office..

i feel a need to quote Henry Ford:

you can have any colour you want, as long as it's black;)

Just heard on the radio about that the murder charge he's facing.

The name of the victim and circumstances are being blocked to the public.

Maybe he killed someone else before the rampage? I don't know, just speculating.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

No don't, just don't. :no:

10 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

well that's the point isn't it! == there shouldn't be a hole that one needs to pull ones finger out of!

<democracy> what does that mean? =technically you've the right to vote for who you want-- BUT ONLY out of those who can afford to run for office..

you can have any colour you want, as long as it's black;)

What is stopping you joining an existing political party, and with others of like mind, changing it ?

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

What is stopping you joining an existing political party, and with others of like mind, changing it ?

money

Edited by Dejarma

money

You can't afford a membership ? Costing how much ?

1 hour ago, and then said:

... The PM has guaranteed the laws will be changing.  I didn't realize the PM could dictate law in New Zealand.  ...

I'm not sure if you're referring to separation of powers.

The New Zealand Parliament (Māori: Pāremata Aotearoa) is the legislature of New Zealand. ... The Parliament is closely linked to the executive. The New Zealand Government comprises a prime minister (head of government) and other ministers. In accordance with the principle of responsible government, these individuals are always drawn from the House of Representatives, and are held accountable to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_Parliament

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

You can't afford a membership ? Costing how much ?

there are no existing parties that REALLY represent the normal working class ordinary folk... if there were then you wouldn't be asking..

creating said party would cost= hmmmm tons of money to get it heard= which is where you must have missed this bit:

BUT ONLY out of those who can afford to run for office..

oh well, there ya go

• Like 1

there are no existing parties that REALLY represent the normal working class ordinary folk... if there were then you wouldn't be asking..

creating said party would cost= hmmmm tons of money to get it heard= which is where you must have missed this bit:

oh well, there ya go

What about a political party formed by a fish-and-chips shop owner?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

In a thread as sensitive as this, maybe quoting a raging anti-Semite isn't a good idea.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Henry_Ford

this is a perfect example of the problems we have== you're making something out of nothing mate!!! that's a s==t thing to suggest!!

<<you can have what you want as long as it's what i tell you ya can have>> is the only thing regarding H Ford i'm referring to=== now F off!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Grass roots participation, if enough people are prepared to get off their blurter, can re-make any party. But it is easier to whinge !

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

What about a political party formed by a fish-and-chips shop owner?

funny= have you ever thought about going on the radio?

9 hours ago, Michelle said:

It's amazing how quickly the blame swings to an entire political group of people. We would be reminded constantly of how it was a lone wolf or a small cell if the attack had been by Muslim extremists.

In other words white supremacist ideology isn't to blame for their extreme views that lead to violent acts such as this and was, above all as proven by the link I posted, celebrated by similar aficionados?   LMFAO

White supremacists

a person who believes that the white race is inherently superior to other races and that white people should have control over people of other races

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked