Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christchurch shooting

psyche101

11 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

It's looking more and more like this shooting might have been in response to Australian politicians criticizing their media for exposing Muslim rape gangs within their country. This was the straw that broke the white boy's back. He was already concerned about "white genocide" (low white birth rates in Western nations leading to an inevitable racial replacement,) and frustrated with what he perceived to be leniency towards to Muslim extremists and rapists. Not sure where he got the big guns but he felt cornered, he snapped and thought the best way to combat the slow growth of Islam was to shoot up Mosques. 

Now an extremist on the other the end is going to drive a truck through a crowd, which will radicalize another unhinged white guy and down we go. :wacko:

No, not from what I read in his writings. He provided links to cases of child abuse perpetrated by Muslim immigrants in the UK, not in Australia.

All part of what appears to have been a process of self-radicalisation, just like people have been warning about Muslim people self-radicalising after watching ISIS videos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

=== now F off!!!!!

There's absolutely no chance of that.

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Grass roots participation, if enough people are prepared to get off their blurter, can re-make any party. But it is easier to whinge !

are you prepared to get off your blurter? or are you one that doesn't whinge about the crap politics in Australia?

6 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Talked with a friend of mine in New Zealand long into the night after this broke. She was terribly shook up by this. 

To the "don't be a sheep" comment up thread. Don't know many here in my particular part of the South that bring guns with them to mass, and despite all the fear mongering that gets to the media I've never felt the need to. 

If that's the response to this, you can blow it. 

The problem with the idea of taking your firearm to your place of worship is that there will be plenty of people who will have a problem with Muslims doing this.

I get it that personal firearm ownership is a Big Thing in the USA, so it would be good to hear gun ownership advocates loudly support the idea of Muslim Americans arming themselves for exactly the same reasons that all other Americans arm themselves.

• Like 1

I wonder how many have noticed the eerie similarity between this madmam's "head cam", and the vision from so many violent video games. Great way to normalize gun violence, those types of games.

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

just a thought then= a fantasy thing is it?

To where are you shifting the goal posts?

You said a working class doesn't have the means to form their own representation. I gave you an example of where that happened. 

How do my dulcet tones follow from that? 

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I wonder how many have noticed the eerie similarity between this madmam's "head cam", and the vision from so many violent video games. Great way to normalize gun violence, those types of games.

only an idiot would normalize gun violence in that way-- and in my honest opinion= idiots like this are few & far between.. so no worries

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

only an idiot would normalize gun violence in that way-- and in my honest opinion= idiots like this are few & far between.. so no worries

Never give idiots the slightest encouragement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I gave you an example of where that happened. 

well i didn't understand what you meant

Just now, Habitat said:

Never give idiots the slightest encouragement.

so no more kitchen knife manufacturing then?

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

To where are you shifting the goal posts?

You said a working class doesn't have the means to form their own representation. I gave you an example of where that happened. 

How do my dulcet tones follow from that? 

They're actually called Populist Party's and they may follow extreme Right or extreme Left views depending on how the general populace feels about things.  In Europe the feeling is swinging to the Populist Right.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

In other words white supremacist ideology isn't to blame for their extreme views that lead to violent acts such as this and was, above all as proven by the link I posted, celebrated by similar aficionados?   LMFAO

White supremacists

a person who believes that the white race is inherently superior to other races and that white people should have control over people of other races

link

I'm not saying this guy wasn't. Like all Muslims aren't extremists people shouldn't make generalizations about any group. That was the only point I was making.

It's a good Litmus Test on whether someone is a bigot in general. If it's popular to degrade a certain segment of society they more than likely are prejudiced towards other groups...albeit silently due to peer pressure.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

They're actually called Populist Party's and they may follow extreme Right or extreme Left views depending on how the general populace feels about things.  In Europe the feeling is swinging to the Populist Right.

Fair enough. But @Dejarma used "working class" as an antonym to an elite political system.

Edited by Golden Duck

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Fair enough. But @Dejarma used "working class" as antonym to an elite political system.

working class as in: NOT part of the elite 250+ in official government capacity that runs everything/makes the decisions that rule everyone else!! Come on, get wiv it mate;)

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I'm not saying this guy wasn't. Like all Muslims aren't extremists people shouldn't make generalizations about any group. That was the only point I was making.

It's a good Litmus Test on whether someone is a bigot in general. If it's popular to degrade a certain segment of society they more than likely are prejudiced towards other groups...albeit silently due to peer pressure.

Sorry, but you can't defend white supremacist ideology under any form or logic.  Their views are extreme, all of their views, this isn't generalising.  Likewise you can't defend extreme Islamic terrorist groups but if you do blame all Muslims as being terrorists, you ARE generalising.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

working class as in: NOT part of the elite 250+ in official government capacity that runs everything/makes the decisions that rule everyone else!! Come on, get wiv it mate;)

Quit your whinging and become politically active.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Would you mind if I use that line in the future?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Sorry, but you can't defend white supremacist ideology under any form or logic.  Their views are extreme, all of their views, this isn't generalising.  Likewise you can't defend extreme Islamic terrorist groups but if you do blame all Muslims as being terrorists, you ARE generalising.

I can when people lump them in with all Republicans and/or Trump supporters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

David Berkowitz was instructed to murder by a dog.  Crazy people will say and believe all kinds of things.

Except that this man's behaviour doesn't suggest he's crazy. He described how he planned the idea of an attack for two years, and the specific event in Christchurch for three months. He obtained the weapons legally. He wrote a long document explaining his thinking which, as repulsive as it is, is written in clear, grammatical English. He is aggrieved but not crazy.

And before you say that anyone would have to be crazy to do what this man did, I'd like to point to what the judge said when sentencing Cardinal Pell for child abuse offences. Before the sentencing, Pell's legal team argued that Pell, who'd never previously or subsequently offended, must not have been in his right mind at the time of his offending. The judge chose to "...reject this submission for a number of reasons...you offended over a period of minutes, where there was ample opportunity for you to both reflect, and to stop." Same for this man - he's never previously offended, and he had the opportunity to reflect on his actions and stop. But he consciously chose not to.

No, not crazy.

IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Sorry, but you can't defend white supremacist ideology under any form or logic

she's not defending it!!! how you come to that conclusion baffles me:rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Black Red Devil said:

I'm not reading what Michelle is saying as her defending this guy or his ideology. I think she is defending Republicans who are not supremacist, which is by far most, and yet swept under a label. Extremism is extremism no matter what ism it is. None are acceptable in my opinion.

• Like 5

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked