Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christchurch shooting

psyche101

26 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

It went out on a particular site and had now been taken down. 

The sad thing is people were writing comments in support of the video.

The other problem we have now is because of this utterly horrendous callous act, if there is a retaliation, some will try to justify it because of what has happened here.

The whole thing sickens me, innocent people will and have been murdered because of either: some lunatic facist or some lunatic religious sect. 

There is no excuse for this kind of behaviour. We have some very sick people in the world and they come from both sides. Fuelling the fire will only bring more carnage to innocent people. 

What has happened in New Zealand is horrendous, just like Manchester and London Bridge and 9/11 etc etc were horrendous. The sick heads in this world are no better than each other which ever side they are on. 

I hope the people of New Zealand can find some peace among this horrific act and  are not targetted by some radical fanatics in retaliation.

This is the worse posible thing to happen to such a peaceful island, it was obviously brewing among these racists, sad to think the world harbours so much hate.

I would like to see laws passed where any support of this kind of act would be deemed illegal, globally. I would like to see the profiteers of hate driven so far underground that they can not find each other, or raise support for their cause. 

The youngest victim was two, a woman walking up the street, not a Muslim, not in a mosque, was shot twice and run over. Support for that is evil and should be illegal.... globally!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I would like to see laws passed where any support of this kind of act would be deemed illegal, globally. I would like to see the profiteers of hate driven so far underground that they can not find each other, or raise support for their cause. 

The youngest victim was two, a woman walking up the street, not a Muslim, not in a mosque, was shot twice and run over. Support for that is evil and should be illegal.... globally!

Apparently anyone in supportbof the video are liable to arrest. Hopefully they can do that, but its finding them.

Even those keyboard warriors who think it is a joke should be arrested, they sit on their fat asses and do not have a clue the damage they are fuelling on those who intend to step.out into society and cause carnage. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dejarma said:

the day religion is eradicated from this planet will be the day of our enlightenment as a race IMO...

i've always theorized (or fantasized if ya like) that if there were some kind of <galactic federation> out there; they're waiting for us to get out of the 'worshipping gods' stage of evolution before saying helo....

a stage of evolution they've seen happening for many years in other lifeforms= unfortunately, it's unlikely i'll be here for that day if it ever happens- that for me is sad

except in this case it wasn't the worshipping-God-people who were the ones responsible.

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Peter B said:

Except that this man's behaviour doesn't suggest he's crazy. He described how he planned the idea of an attack for two years, and the specific event in Christchurch for three months. He obtained the weapons legally. He wrote a long document explaining his thinking which, as repulsive as it is, is written in clear, grammatical English. He is aggrieved but not crazy.

And before you say that anyone would have to be crazy to do what this man did, I'd like to point to what the judge said when sentencing Cardinal Pell for child abuse offences. Before the sentencing, Pell's legal team argued that Pell, who'd never previously or subsequently offended, must not have been in his right mind at the time of his offending. The judge chose to "...reject this submission for a number of reasons...you offended over a period of minutes, where there was ample opportunity for you to both reflect, and to stop." Same for this man - he's never previously offended, and he had the opportunity to reflect on his actions and stop. But he consciously chose not to.

No, not crazy.

IMHO.

This guy was obviously an evil b******, but how can you not see the lunacy in his heinous act? I mean he even shot some people twice. Walk right up to them and shot them in the head a second time. Those poor people were crying and begging for their lives, but he had no remorse or sympathy about it and proceeded to enjoy shooting them. The way he acted about it, during and after killing all those people, reminds me of a serial killer. Only he killed as many of his victims as he could in a short period of time.

I don't understand how people don't see the derange behavior this guy must of had to kill that many people, without a good reason. It's not like he was a soldier or cop defending himself. There has got to be a mental issue going on in someone's head to go out and do that and act calm about it.

Edited by Gunn
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Gunn said:

I don't understand how people don't see the derange behavior this guy must of had to kill that many people,

Huh ? 

Just now, Habitat said:

Huh ? 

Sorry. Let me clarify. He is a deranged individual. You know...mad, insane, etc. At least that was what some authorities were saying. Therefore, when he killed that many people, he must of have been deranged.

5 hours ago, Peter B said:

Except that this man's behaviour doesn't suggest he's crazy. He described how he planned the idea of an attack for two years, and the specific event in Christchurch for three months. He obtained the weapons legally. He wrote a long document explaining his thinking which, as repulsive as it is, is written in clear, grammatical English. He is aggrieved but not crazy.

**** me, how many people would he need to kill to be defined as ****** barking ape**** mad? How many people do murderers need to murder before it might be considered that their grasp on sanity might be a little tenuous? 

• Like 6

Just now, Gunn said:

Sorry. Let me clarify. He is a deranged individual. You know...mad, insane, etc. At least that was what some authorities were saying. Therefore, when he killed that many people, he must of have been deranged.

No doubt he will be subjected to psychiatric assessment, which might be interesting. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, likwidlite said:

Any information on the others that were arrested and their involvement?  

Nothing definite, but according to the latest news reports, the most likely scenario is a lone offender. One car that contained weapons and at least two people, was detained within a police cordon, but they are still looking to establish it wasn't just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

No doubt he will be subjected to psychiatric assessment, which might be interesting. 

Oh they'll probably find something mentally wrong with him. Killing that many people that he didn't even know, when they did nothing to him personally, is absolutely insane.

1 minute ago, Gunn said:

Oh they'll probably find something mentally wrong with him. Killing that many people that he didn't even know, when they did nothing to him personally, is absolutely insane.

Extreme sociopath or some such label will be applied, but I doubt he will escape "criminally responsible for his actions"

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Extreme sociopath or some such label will be applied, but I doubt he will escape "criminally responsible for his actions"

Rightfully so! I rather see him hanged, drawn and quartered, but I know we as a civilization don't do that anymore, because it's barbaric, yet this A-hole really deserves it.

Edited by Gunn
  • Like 3

That volatile insanity cocktail of equal parts concocted mad ideals and questionable supremacist intelligence

~

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunn said:

This guy was obviously an evil b******, but how can you not see the lunacy in his heinous act? I mean he even shot some people twice. Walk right up to them and shot them in the head a second time. Those poor people were crying and begging for their lives, but he had no remorse or sympathy about it and proceeded to enjoy shooting them. The way he acted about it, during and after killing all those people, reminds me of a serial killer. Only he killed as many of his victims as he could in a short period of time.

I don't understand how people don't see the derange behavior this guy must of had to kill that many people, without a good reason. It's not like he was a soldier or cop defending himself. There has got to be a mental issue going on in someone's head to go out and do that and act calm about it.

Well, I'm not a psychologist, so obviously I don't have a professional opinion about his state of mind.

But I note that another person currently imprisoned in Norway for a similar act was found to be sane. People can be anti-social, violently so, without being considered insane.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gunn said:

1 hour ago, Gunn said:

Rightfully so! I rather see him hanged, drawn and quartered, but I know we as a civilization don't do that anymore, because it's barbaric, yet this A-hole really deserves it.

So you'd like to visit extreme punishment on someone you think isn't responsible for their actions? How does that work?

2 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

**** me, how many people would he need to kill to be defined as ****** barking ape**** mad? How many people do murderers need to murder before it might be considered that their grasp on sanity might be a little tenuous? 

With respect, the number of people killed shouldn't be a measure of a killer's sanity. The fact remains that he planned the attack in a meticulous way: the assembly of weapons, the construction of bombs, the timing of the attack (Friday prayers), the live-streaming, the attacking of two separate venues, the publication of a lucid manifesto...

My other concern about dismissing the man as insane is that this appears to me to be in contrast to the characterisation of Muslim terrorists; IME they don't get the same insanity free pass, but instead are condemned on the basis of their religion.

• Like 2

Live 500 meters away from the second shooting, what a horrible devastating day it was...just feel so defeated and everything feels so wrong.

• Sad 7

The media is running with the "It's Trumps fault" talking point.  

Pretty stupid.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:12 PM, Great Old Man said:

hatred  always makes a vicious cycle. Why he kills innocent people? They are just normal people, not ISIS

Nutcases don't need a reason.

On 3/16/2019 at 12:18 AM, Aaron2016 said:

Just heard on BBC news that efforts are underway to remove all online copies of the manifesto.  Although it will probably resurface in some fancy lawyer's published book, or a TV documentary e.g. 'the mind of a killer', or if it turns into a conspiracy then the manifesto will probably be used as evidence to promote all kinds of crazy theories regarding its origin and suppression.

Trying to read Hitlers autobiography was enough.

7 hours ago, Kismit said:

Yes the most horrific, evil part, but he shot her in the head, so we can only hope she didn't suffer any more.

5 hours ago, Gunn said:

True the comments and calm demeanor afterwards was hard to believe.

But l am glad that they got this nutter.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Habitat said:

Not sure why anyone would want to dissect his words, his actions pretty well speaks all that needs to be known.

The only reason I can think of is insight for study and research..how does a person like this get to where they got....what are warning signs....how can we prevent similar happenings in the future...things of that nature

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peter B said:

So you'd like to visit extreme punishment on someone you think isn't responsible for their actions? How does that work?

Jeffrey Dahmer was clearly insane, who kills and eats people?! But he was judged competent to stand trial because he also understood that what he did was wrong and against the law...he just did it anyway.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2019 at 8:16 AM, Likely Guy said:

Un-bloody-believable. From the Alazeera link:

In the aftermath of the shooting attacks, Australian senator Fraser Anning published a statement where he blamed immigration and Muslims.

"The real cause of bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration program which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place," Anning said.

"The truth is that Islam is not like any other faith. It is the religious equivalent of fascism. And just because the followers of this savage belief were not the killers in this instance, does not make them blameless."

The Queensland senator's comments were condemned by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who expressed his repulsion.

A follow up:

Australian senator egged after blaming Muslim immigration for New Zealand mosque attack

https://globalnews.ca/news/5063374/australian-senator-egged-blaming-muslim-immigration-new-zealand-mosque-attack/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked