Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Christchurch shooting

psyche101

You'd reckon after "old mate" went berserk in Vegas with his collection of assault rifles, killing hundreds, the penny might have dropped for the kiwis, but no, fufty ( that NZ talk for 50) have to die before they wake up. Oh, and talking about the Las Vegas lunatic, no explanation of his motives seems to have been forthcoming. The NZ madman seems to have left a very lengthy explanation, but at the end of the day, you can't unscramble an egg, these are failed people who have come to the end of their rope, and that is when anything can happen, even the very worst of deeds.

Edited by Habitat
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

There was all kinds of writing on all of those weapons. They were covered. 

dates of famous battles between Christian and Muslim armies. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

That's true in a "to each their own" kinda way, which is still racist (in the anti-miscegenationalist sense).

For a bit of a light diversion, you may be interested in John Saffran's Race Relations - Racial Disposition. Mixing can augment human immunity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Captain Risky said:

dates of famous battles between Christian and Muslim armies. 

I saw words too. Trying to remember. Something about this is for your ... found this link that mentions the writing. I know a CNN link I posted had a picture of the weapons. I'll try to find it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/15/christchurch-shooting-new-zealand-suspect-white-supremacist-symbols-weapons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

I saw words too. Trying to remember. Something about this is for your ... found this link that mentions the writing. I know a CNN link I posted had a picture of the weapons. I'll try to find it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/15/christchurch-shooting-new-zealand-suspect-white-supremacist-symbols-weapons

He also named his weapons and clips after previous mass killers like Roof, Bissonette, Brevak, etal.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

'for Rotherham' was another one in reference to Muslim gangs in the UK grooming white underage children. look i think for his confused mind, symbols, labels and catch phrases plucked outta thin air must have seemed like an awakening and the answer to all his problems and identity issues. maybe his anti-Muslim message was as extension of white power views. maybe vice versa. nothing about this guy makes sense to me.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

'for Rotherham' was another one in reference to Muslim gangs in the UK grooming white underage children. look i think for his confused mind, symbols, labels and catch phrases plucked outta thin air must have seemed like an awakening and the answer to all his problems and identity issues. maybe his anti-Muslim message was as extension of white power views. maybe vice versa. nothing about this guy makes sense to me.   

Agreed. Can't find the right page with the link, but I remember only being able to read a little of a sentence. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

Agreed. Can't find the right page with the link, but I remember only being able to read a little of a sentence. 

0_Christchurch-attack-Attackers-posted-o

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

For a bit of a light diversion, you may be interested in John Saffran's Race Relations - Racial Disposition. Mixing can augment human immunity.

Another in relation to this topic is Elliott Leyton's Hunting Humans which explores the mind of mass and serial killers.

He said that they're not textbook insane, just a logical aberrant result of their society and times. While a lot of good comes out of social media, I think we can now (25 years later) expect the evil as a result of that too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Another in relation to this topic is Elliott Leyton's Hunting Humans which explores the mind of mass and serial killers.

He said that they're not textbook insane, just a logical aberrant result of their society and times. While a lot of good comes out of social media, I think we can now (25 years later) expect the evil as a result of that too.

It reminds me of Woolrich's monologue to,  the protagonist, Charlie Parker in John Connolly's Every Dead Thing .

... We're practically livin' on top of each other but we're further away from each other in every way than we've ever been before.  And then these guys come in, ... and they're even further removed than the rest of us. 
... These killers should be a wake-up call, but nobody's listening, and that widens the gap even more.  All they see is the distance, and they reach across it and pick us off, ...

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The take-home lesson from Christchurch and many other places, don't allow people to possess "weapons of mass destruction", unless they have a very real need to do so (SWAT teams etc), and I don't include constitutional rights to bear arms, formulated in the days of muskets, as a reason.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked

50 people were murdered because of some POS. Let's stop blaming the victims.

Thread cleaned.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

• The topic was unlocked
5 hours ago, susieice said:

Expecting people to enter legally, which I know Canada and most other countries require, is nazism? I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying.

? Who   ever   mentioned   that???

It's a twighlight zone.

No, expecting people to immigrate legaly is not nazism. Hate, fearmongering, attacks on people who are of adifferent color, race, religion is nazism.

What has legal or illegal immigration to do with what I said about white supremacists?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, odas said:

Alittle to the right means conservative politicly, nothing wrong with that. Right wing antiimmigtant based on race, nationality and religion is not conservative but nazism.

This is what I was asking about. It was a response to Michelle. 

20 minutes ago, susieice said:

This is what I was asking about. It was a response to Michelle. 

Ok. I fail to see where my post mentions legal or illegal immigration therefore I can not see the connection with your previous post.

• Like 1

Just now, odas said:

Ok. I fail to see where my post mentions legal or illegal immigration therefore I can not see the connection with your previous post.

It was just a question I asked. I wasn't clear if your response to her was connected to legal immigration or not. No worries.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, odas said:

Just give it up anyone is discussing:)

• Confused 1

Just now, susieice said:

It was just a question I asked. I wasn't clear if your response to her was connected to legal immigration or not. No worries.

No worries.

I have to praise the people of NZ. As I watched the news, right after the killing and later on, I saw unity, people helping, comforting each other, side by side. This country did not deserve such a catastrophic scenario. God bless all the good people of New Zealand.

• Like 6

I recall someone telling me that South Grafton is a "bad" area, and if this bloke comes from that section of it, that appears to be right !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, odas said:

No worries.

I have to praise the people of NZ. As I watched the news, right after the killing and later on, I saw unity, people helping, comforting each other, side by side. This country did not deserve such a catastrophic scenario. God bless all the good people of New Zealand.

The people in Philadelphia of all faiths did the same thing tonight.

I wasn't picking on you. Your comment said anti-immigration and I wasn't sure what you meant.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, odas said:

? Who   ever   mentioned   that???

It's a twighlight zone.

Now you know how I feel being accused of something I never even implied.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

You were 'ill defined', remember? :D

But seriously, people who've come from the Balkans can be rightfully testy with regards to anything right wing. They've lived through it, and English isn't their first language.

That said, English is very much my first language and what you said threw me off for a while too. That's why I had to ask and clarify for the sake of the conversation.

I'm sure that with a few beers and a barbecue we would all result in a group hug (or a dog pile). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Michelle said:

No, I do not know how you feel. Susieice only misinterpreted my post, I did not yours.

Have a Good Night.

• Like 2