Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tell me 3 things...

ant0n

4 hours ago, sfhipchick said:

HEY!!! Where's your question?!! *bounces up and down, throwing snowballs*
(BTW I like what you had to say. Dr. Tyson can come off an an arrogant know-it-all, and he has been stated as being more of a populizer than a ground-breaker, which I fully agree with. Perhaps what I love so much about him is how well he's able to convey complex ideas in a way that are understandable to me. Elon Musk is, to me, the totally classic genius. He's off the deep end, all over the map, will start a logical sentence and then dash into the land of indecipherable Greek, and is an absolute social misfit. And you? You're like this brilliant space alien who's moved to Earth and I have the pleasure of getting to know, even though it's often so confusing that my head spins when trying to understand what you're talking about. This is comfortable for me, as my dad, oldest brother, and my husband too, all have the same thing in common. Apparently I do the same thing? I dunno--whatever I'm saying makes total sense to me, what's the matter with everyone?! :D :D )

Oh, your picks...maths...ugh! I'm way too-right-minded to handle all of that left-minded stuff! (though I really do love it when I get a math concept down!) Your second pick...ack...see description above, genius boy! :D Third pick...man, I stay away from anything political. I hate it...politics is so full of anger, I run the other way the second I discern that politics are being discussed!)

Ooops! :D

I like when players just stay blocked whenever they don't get what's necessary to play on ^^

Let me react to your comment then I'll post a 3-thing wish.

Well, thanks to your contribution, I appreciate Tyson noticeably better. I guess I didn't like what looks like arrogance in him.

There's something highly special regarding popularizers (in the Universe): they are able to handle a complex and/or complicated knowledge and to translate it into simpler terms. I call that a genuine form of Art. I'm a popularizer too, to some extent - and I keep improving ;)

We, in France, have a famous popularizer (physics, philosophy of Science, etc), Etienne Klein. He tells stories in those fields and it's so interesting to me.

The case Elon Musk: alright, he's a genius. Because his sort of instability "contaminates" the empath being I am... I promise I'll try to explore his world again soon. I guess I should restrain myself to his memes, which can be really good, in my opinion.

I like how you describe me :D Well, I may be one of the earthliest beings on this planet ^^

Pierre Desproges was a genuinely bright and famous French comedian:

TN5agxE.jpg

I work hard in improving my popularizing... Don't worry, whenever you don't get what I express, it's either because I didn't popularize well enough. I've made great progress in popularizing but I must do even better asap. It's fun in the end ^^

I'm serenely glad we are friends. In my opinion, you're a bright being, obviously, and you learn fast. Don't expect me to always make sense though:

my nature is (also) oxymoronic (and non-linear, etc).

Geopolitics: on Gaea (Gaïa, Earth, ...)

Exopolitics: involving beyond Gaea.

One finds interest in that if one considers it all like chemistry, music, etc ^^

Please tell me about 3 subjects you could learn or improve next year.

Totally fascinating to read your feelings regarding my choices. I also really appreciate that you don't just say, "Meh, I don't like that guy." (slam the door) Instead, you give me this awesome respect that honestly surprises me. You give me credit. And even consider these "passes" to have merit because I said so. It's really nice and not something I usually see. It's more often the bs response of saying, "Oh! I didn't know that! and making noises to say they'll take another look, but they don't actually mean it. So thanks! :)

I enjoy looking at the way you view the world because it's so foreign to what I'm used to. I've always been such a curious monkey and I knew right away that you would be educating me in all sorts of ways. It's a delight that apparently I'm having the same reaction with you.

When I was young, I distanced myself from things I didn't understand. I also didn't see the value in people who I didn't feel were smart. Then I learned something that changed the way I treat people.

99299813_2515645245203817_36052399796990

So now, when I meet someone who doesn't immediately impress me, I try to find out what it is that I am supposed to learn from them. This has made me a much better person!

And now, your question:

1) Exploring my newfound interest in doodle art: I always thought that doodling is a waste of time. It's absolutely not. The meditative value is hugely surprising to me and each 3.5" square that I complete fills me with such joy--I'm excited to play in this new arena. I have a lot of trouble with depression, anxiety, self-esteem and self-worth. When I create a doodle artwork, it's like I go to a special place and it's a little Utopia for that time. I didn't expect that. 
2) Exploring my interest in watercolor painting: I've always admired watercolor art and have said to myself, "Someday I'd like to learn to paint with watercolors." I'm giving myself permission now and will soon begin this new creative journey. And the very beginnings of my explorations are showing a zen-like experience which is very positive.
3) Continuing my exploration of America in our small steps, photographing and writing as we go. I am always working to improve my photography and my skills as a writer. Someday I hope to turn my photos and writing into books, so I am always working to improve my craft.

My question:
What are 3 things that fill you with joy and tell me why.
Edited by sfhipchick

8 hours ago, sfhipchick said:

Totally fascinating to read your feelings regarding my choices. I also really appreciate that you don't just say, "Meh, I don't like that guy." (slam the door) Instead, you give me this awesome respect that honestly surprises me. You give me credit. And even consider these "passes" to have merit because I said so. It's really nice and not something I usually see. It's more often the bs response of saying, "Oh! I didn't know that! and making noises to say they'll take another look, but they don't actually mean it. So thanks! :)

I enjoy looking at the way you view the world because it's so foreign to what I'm used to. I've always been such a curious monkey and I knew right away that you would be educating me in all sorts of ways. It's a delight that apparently I'm having the same reaction with you.

When I was young, I distanced myself from things I didn't understand. I also didn't see the value in people who I didn't feel were smart. Then I learned something that changed the way I treat people.

99299813_2515645245203817_36052399796990

So now, when I meet someone who doesn't immediately impress me, I try to find out what it is that I am supposed to learn from them. This has made me a much better person!

And now, your question:

1) Exploring my newfound interest in doodle art: I always thought that doodling is a waste of time. It's absolutely not. The meditative value is hugely surprising to me and each 3.5" square that I complete fills me with such joy--I'm excited to play in this new arena. I have a lot of trouble with depression, anxiety, self-esteem and self-worth. When I create a doodle artwork, it's like I go to a special place and it's a little Utopia for that time. I didn't expect that. 
2) Exploring my interest in watercolor painting: I've always admired watercolor art and have said to myself, "Someday I'd like to learn to paint with watercolors." I'm giving myself permission now and will soon begin this new creative journey. And the very beginnings of my explorations are showing a zen-like experience which is very positive.
3) Continuing my exploration of America in our small steps, photographing and writing as we go. I am always working to improve my photography and my skills as a writer. Someday I hope to turn my photos and writing into books, so I am always working to improve my craft.

My question:
What are 3 things that fill you with joy and tell me why.

I enjoy reading your accurate words, in general, in both form and substance.

I'm fascinated by your list of 3 subjects. The first one tops it all: I must start doodle art. Although I've never really practiced it, I do feel that art can only be  wonderful for me. So what should I do? I take a sheet of paper (A4?), a pen then I'm ready? Please enlighten me ^^

"What are 3 things that fill you with joy and tell me why."

It's the verb "fill" in the present tense...

1- Whenever I discover a significant pattern in the dates, calendars and eras I handle, I feel some kind of serene "joy-beyond". It's beyond 'joy'. Such discoveries make me feel like I discovered a secret chamber in an ancient Egyptian pyramid ^^ I feel like "Wow..." and, most of time, I cry because the emotion is intense. The deep reason is: whenever I discover such nuggets, I experience retrospective fear and I tell myself I could have lost those past, present and future nuggets altogether. But I survived, so I'm glad - with retrospective fear. Let's say it's 'joy'.

Wow_signal.jpg

2- Many times during friendly conversations. Because it's all about trust. The friend is not going to harm me intentionally. I like humans in general. I'm a proud human. I'm not saying "Earthling", which is related to a place (Earth) but "human", which is related to a body: to me, humans (homo species, plural) are not necessarily from the Earth (which I call "Gaea" / Gaïa). To me, there are Gaean humans but there could also be other-planetary humans. We are one superspecties, humans ^^ One could say I'm body-centered or local-centered. When I watch my feet on the ground, I don't watch this planet, I watch that part of my body that deals with a local part of this planet. Perspectives.

ob_cce53d_mutek-2017-ban-680.jpg

3- Whenever I find people with similar patterns as mine or a similar way of functioning. Well, to be honest, I feel that joy only when I imagine such people. I'm sure they exist though. I try hard to get in touch with them. My public publishing on Facebook actively helps me improve myself and spread the news. It's joy but a little desperate (still survival). I'm perseverant though.

ZuiIvkn.jpg

3 bis- As I was driving this afternoon, I asked myself what I was without computers and internet access. I replied to myself I was the me now, driving my vehicle. I already carry all the outcomes of my work on computers and thanls to the Web. They are in me already, they are not kept apart in some machines or networks. Also I remembered I started a "self-healing process" 18 years ago. Am I done yet? I've progressed a lot but... I must lose fat. We'll see next June. So yes, that's joy but... not expressed out loud. I express joy out loud, clearly, whenever I read/see/hear a joke I like. I love absurb humor, in general. To me, human existence is based of "life", "death" and fun (not kidding). "Fun", applied to Earthlings, humans and beyond, is an amazing research subject.

2fSkjfQ.jpg

Tell me 3 living performers you consider outstanding.

Edited by ant0n

You are a never-ending source of surprise to me. Never have I met a person who so totally fascinated me in so many ways. Much of this comes from the sheer volume of things you present which I'm entirely clueless about. The curious monkey in me is totally insatiable so I am continuously dazzled by you! Before I go on, thanks for your kind words about how I get my message across--I'm glad it's clear to you, as this is so important (as you know: popularizing!). I have a special ability to translate this way but I'm not perfect--Steve and I have a horrible time communicating on a regular basis and it can be so frustrating! I do love helping people understand things though...I have a friend in the game I play who's very sweet but has trouble understanding many things. So I help her by explaining in simple terms and finally she understands this thing that's been confusing her for so long. It's very dear how thankful she is and a true joy to me because I'm so glad I could make her happy and understand! And when that light goes on upstairs and you get a concept that had been eluding you--WOW! Few things feel that good! 

Your answer...the first picture's response, "What the heck is this?!" But I know, based on the page you sent regarding coincidences, that you love gathering otherwise indecipherable data to stare at and mull over. You should have been a statistician! :D I also enjoy gathering data and looking at it from different angles--sometimes the revelations are pretty awesome, just like in your image! :)
I hope that you are able to reach another person with the same passions, wouldn't that be incredible?! You're doing all the right things though to make yourself known. Now it's just a matter of time. :)
My sense of humor is kind of all over the map. (to be honest, whose isn't?) Absurd humor is a love-hate thing depending on the delivery...I cannot STAND bathroom humor whatsoever, so comedies like Dumb and Dumber make me crazy--and yet Steve LOVES that style of humor. I ADORE Groundhog Day, and a Fish Named Wanda is probably my favorite comedy. Jim Carrey KILLS it! (his style of "stupid" humor is often hysterical to me) George Carlin was a GENIUS and slays me with his real humor. The original SNL often reduces me to tears of mirth. But SO MANY so-called comedians are just stupid to me--anyone who self-deprecates, satire, political humorists, truly stupid "humor" are (almost always) detested by me. I will never understand why some "comedians" are even a thing... 
Yes, FUN is SO IMPORTANT!! Gotta have it every day! :)

1) I showed you a video showing one of them: Derek Hough is an INCREDIBLE dancer and a brilliant man as well (he is also an artist and photographer of note, among other things...without question he's got a genius IQ). In regards to dance, he understands choreography in an exceptional way and watching him craft new dances over the seasons of the show was a highlight for me.
2) There are so many actors that deserve a spot and they are apples and oranges--you can't really say one is "better" than another, they are all exceptional. One that comes to mind: Anthony Hopkins. What an artist. Exceptional.
3) In the singing arena, there are endless amazing performers, where does one start? Looking at the lists of favorites, it's funny that they are numbered--I feel as you do about better/worse. Talent cannot be organized. One favorite is Aretha Franklin and she is a total gem.
Of course there are zillions of types of performers--none is better or worse, less or more important. All deserve praise and appreciation. Creative talent is just amazing and comes out in so many ways. Not quantitative. But anyway, those are a few names.

For you: name three fascinating (non human), uncommon life forms and tell me what piques your interest.

38 minutes ago, sfhipchick said:

You are a never-ending source of surprise to me. Never have I met a person who so totally fascinated me in so many ways. Much of this comes from the sheer volume of things you present which I'm entirely clueless about. The curious monkey in me is totally insatiable so I am continuously dazzled by you! Before I go on, thanks for your kind words about how I get my message across--I'm glad it's clear to you, as this is so important (as you know: popularizing!). I have a special ability to translate this way but I'm not perfect--Steve and I have a horrible time communicating on a regular basis and it can be so frustrating! I do love helping people understand things though...I have a friend in the game I play who's very sweet but has trouble understanding many things. So I help her by explaining in simple terms and finally she understands this thing that's been confusing her for so long. It's very dear how thankful she is and a true joy to me because I'm so glad I could make her happy and understand! And when that light goes on upstairs and you get a concept that had been eluding you--WOW! Few things feel that good! 

Your answer...the first picture's response, "What the heck is this?!" But I know, based on the page you sent regarding coincidences, that you love gathering otherwise indecipherable data to stare at and mull over. You should have been a statistician! :D I also enjoy gathering data and looking at it from different angles--sometimes the revelations are pretty awesome, just like in your image! :)
I hope that you are able to reach another person with the same passions, wouldn't that be incredible?! You're doing all the right things though to make yourself known. Now it's just a matter of time. :)
My sense of humor is kind of all over the map. (to be honest, whose isn't?) Absurd humor is a love-hate thing depending on the delivery...I cannot STAND bathroom humor whatsoever, so comedies like Dumb and Dumber make me crazy--and yet Steve LOVES that style of humor. I ADORE Groundhog Day, and a Fish Named Wanda is probably my favorite comedy. Jim Carrey KILLS it! (his style of "stupid" humor is often hysterical to me) George Carlin was a GENIUS and slays me with his real humor. The original SNL often reduces me to tears of mirth. But SO MANY so-called comedians are just stupid to me--anyone who self-deprecates, satire, political humorists, truly stupid "humor" are (almost always) detested by me. I will never understand why some "comedians" are even a thing... 
Yes, FUN is SO IMPORTANT!! Gotta have it every day! :)

1) I showed you a video showing one of them: Derek Hough is an INCREDIBLE dancer and a brilliant man as well (he is also an artist and photographer of note, among other things...without question he's got a genius IQ). In regards to dance, he understands choreography in an exceptional way and watching him craft new dances over the seasons of the show was a highlight for me.
2) There are so many actors that deserve a spot and they are apples and oranges--you can't really say one is "better" than another, they are all exceptional. One that comes to mind: Anthony Hopkins. What an artist. Exceptional.
3) In the singing arena, there are endless amazing performers, where does one start? Looking at the lists of favorites, it's funny that they are numbered--I feel as you do about better/worse. Talent cannot be organized. One favorite is Aretha Franklin and she is a total gem.
Of course there are zillions of types of performers--none is better or worse, less or more important. All deserve praise and appreciation. Creative talent is just amazing and comes out in so many ways. Not quantitative. But anyway, those are a few names.

For you: name three fascinating (non human), uncommon life forms and tell me what piques your interest.

I like the way we can answer then ask requests in quite an interesting way (they must be rare exceptions though, as far as our comments are concerned :D). It's rich, I learn things thanks to our comments - and hopefully thanks to other players' soon.

name three fascinating (non human), uncommon life forms and tell me what piques your interest.

1- Ant colonies

1280px-Ant_Nest.jpg

Well, it's more the idea I associate with ant colonies that fascinates me...

I'm fascinated with colony entities, and, in sci-fi, with the colony entities made of prescient individuals ("prescient ants"), such like a human colony entity.

A colony as entity - or super-entity.

2- Rhytidocaulon Macrolobum

d2e81cd46c1a80bd0863d8920759edd7.jpg

That flower and the whole plant look out of this world to me. There exist other "weird" flowers but this one tops them all, in my opinion.

Again, it's the idea I associate with it that fascinates me: "a flower that is not from the Earth".

3- Jellyfish from the depths

605rapA.jpg

Again, what fascinates me is the idea I associate with that specific jellyfish. Again, it feels like a being I could communicate with. And, sure, it would not reason in regular people's terms ^^

I don't know if I could "communicate" with the "outworldly flower"... Maybe. I'd give it a try! ^^

Tell me 3 things that are very typical of the country you live in.

LOVED your three things--fascinating and wonderful choices indeed!
Ant colonies: The picture is fabulous! I have seen it, and then I went looking for more of this fabulous art form--talk about an incredible thing to see, along with the process of creating these wonderful sculptures/casts of the nests. The colony-super entity aspect fascinates me equally, which is why it blew me away to learn that this exists in plants too.
Rhytidocaulon Macrolobum: how COOL! I've never seen this succulent before but I agree, it's very other-worldly looking, isn't it?! On our 26-acre property there is a flower and a fungus which fit into the marvelous alien-like category and I absolutely adore them! Mariposa Lily and Earthstar Mushroom
Jellyfish: yes, I love them too. Totally out-of-this-world!

You asked, Tell me 3 things that are very typical of the country you live in.

1) Obesity brought on by aversion to exercise + obsession with junk food and shocking portion size
2) Herd mentality + stunning lack of logic/basic intelligence
3) Wide open spaces and jaw-dropping beauty (western half of US)

Tell me the names of 3 people that you admire and why.

Mariposa Lily.jpg

Earthstar.jpg

Edited by sfhipchick

3 hours ago, sfhipchick said:

LOVED your three things--fascinating and wonderful choices indeed!
Ant colonies: The picture is fabulous! I have seen it, and then I went looking for more of this fabulous art form--talk about an incredible thing to see, along with the process of creating these wonderful sculptures/casts of the nests. The colony-super entity aspect fascinates me equally, which is why it blew me away to learn that this exists in plants too.
Rhytidocaulon Macrolobum: how COOL! I've never seen this succulent before but I agree, it's very other-worldly looking, isn't it?! On our 26-acre property there is a flower and a fungus which fit into the marvelous alien-like category and I absolutely adore them! Mariposa Lily and Earthstar Mushroom
Jellyfish: yes, I love them too. Totally out-of-this-world!

You asked, Tell me 3 things that are very typical of the country you live in.

1) Obesity brought on by aversion to exercise + obsession with junk food and shocking portion size
2) Herd mentality + stunning lack of logic/basic intelligence
3) Wide open spaces and jaw-dropping beauty (western half of US)

Mariposa Lily.jpg

Earthstar.jpg

Wonderful photos!

I'm speechless at the 2) you listed... :O

Let me quickly list 3 typical things of France, in my opinion:

- wonderful natural or urban areas, along with horrendous natural or urban areas ^^ We have sea, ocean, sunbath beaches, mountains, ski resorts, lakes, big and small rivers, ... The allegedly first (?) tourist destination on this planet.

- The French love to disagree. Critical mind can be well handled by many French people. The other French people just stupidly criticize and/or lack appropriate neuronal connexions ^^

- Paris, the Eiffel Tower, the Musée du Louvre, Notre-Dame. The Eiffel Tower is so typical to France. Show a picture of the Eiffel tower to any being in the Universe, they'll answer it's France, over there, on that planet also called 'Earth' ^^

I just had to quickly explore my collection of pics...

Here's the raw list from which I'm going to pick 3 names:

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

- Steve Jobs

- Werner Heisenberg

- Matti Salminen

- Frank Herbert

- Cai Guo-Qiang

- Cohl Furey

- Björk

- Concetta Antico

- Sabrina Gonzalez Pasterski

- Rudyart Kipling

- Etienne Klein

- Bruce Lee

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Robert Oppenheimer

- Alan Turing.

So which names make me feel like "Wow..."?

Alright. I have to cheat :D

Here are a list of 3 men and a list of 3 women!

1- Matti Salminen (Finnish bass, born 1945 C.E.)

I discovered him in this video, Wagner / Hagens Ruf. I can't imagine better performance (despite a fragile voice in the very end).

Wagner's music really is special. I know I usually avoid listening to it as it quickly brings me to a sort of mystical and melancholic resonance.

I make an exception with this video.

I like what's extreme, therefore I like very low-pitched or very high-pitched voices.

2- Cohl Furey (mathematical physicist at the University of Cambridge)

A few years ago, I found interest in hypercomplex algebras. Oh I am not an expert at all: it's just like watching flowers without really knowing what they are. I like to think I get some of their essence/scent though.

You may know what the real numbers are: they are the numbers we usually use in life, positive, negative or zero. Beyond them, there are the complex numbers, the quaternions, the octonions, the sedenions, etc = the hypercomplex numbers. They all keep real roots until the octonions (included). Then the following hypercomplex numbers, the sedenions, lose touch with "real": they involve out-of-this-world entities and numbers ^^ That scientist is a specialist of octonions, i.e. of the most complex numbers that still have real roots. I'm more interested in the sedenions, which are the least complex numbers with otherworldly entities. To me, it looks like Cohl Furey impersonates octonions, which is a wonderful perspective to me.

qS3GqZz.jpg

QIX2kRN.jpg

3- Robert Oppenheimer (1904-1967, American physicist, Earthling creator of nuclear bombs)

Well, I'm almost speechless. I found out that quote recently. To some extent, I can imagine what he felt. I feel empathy for him. I assume this quote is authentic.

now-i-am-become-death-the-destrover-of-w

List #2:

1- Alan Turing (British mathematician and cryptologist 1912-54)

One of brightest beings on this planet, yet destroyed by his ungrateful fellow citizens & Royalty. Eternal shame on them all.

He managed to decipher Nazi coded messages during WWII, thus shortening that war by two years. He started computer science. He really deserved to play in the Planet Of The Apes original movie :D

vFfsff0.jpg

V4Aid4k.jpg

2- Björk (icelandic singer)

Well, I consider she's just so advanced and wow in a natural way ^^

zNgRd9K.jpg

3- Concetta Antico (tetrachromatism)

Well, she looks so natural, a little original. She could just be considered an "extraterrestrial" among us ^^

I consider her a wonderful person, so natural and simple, after all. She is not a circus freak whatsoever! ^^

q71jxwl.jpg

Tell me 3 lists you like (they can be any lists or lists requested/answered in this game).

Edited by ant0n

Wow, I really loved reading what you had to say here, from top to bottom. Great explanations and examples to enjoy. Super quotes, of course. So much to digest! And I would LOVE to meet Concetta Contiko...it would be fun to see if the colors we see are the same or if she can see a slightly different spectrum than I can? So fascinating to consider.

------------

3 lists that I like...

1) Well, I really enjoyed the list of geniuses I linked at one point because it's full of surprises!
2) Goodreads has a reader-based favorite book contest every year and the winners list is such fun to read...each category is also great to drill down to.
3) I like to keep tabs on cameras to see who's got how the tech is advancing and top x of 202x lists are super and very interesting to me; once again, individual categories are a favorite.
------------
What are 3 of your favorite foods?

On 1/1/2022 at 11:42 PM, sfhipchick said:

Wow, I really loved reading what you had to say here, from top to bottom. Great explanations and examples to enjoy. Super quotes, of course. So much to digest! And I would LOVE to meet Concetta Contiko...it would be fun to see if the colors we see are the same or if she can see a slightly different spectrum than I can? So fascinating to consider.

------------

3 lists that I like...

1) Well, I really enjoyed the list of geniuses I linked at one point because it's full of surprises!
2) Goodreads has a reader-based favorite book contest every year and the winners list is such fun to read...each category is also great to drill down to.
3) I like to keep tabs on cameras to see who's got how the tech is advancing and top x of 202x lists are super and very interesting to me; once again, individual categories are a favorite.
------------
What are 3 of your favorite foods?

3 of my favorite foods:

it's a little like asking a blind man what his favorite things to watch are. I have a very low sense of smell and, as a consequence, it's hard for me to identify my "favorite foods". Moreover, my sense of smell seems to constantly weaken, while my sense of taste seems less and less reliable. It's hard for me to know what to eat.

Nonetheless, I have a few favorite foods.

1- Ground beef with green beans;

2- High quality king shrimps, boiled, cold, high quality mayonnaise & lemon juice;

3- Sugar apples.

Tell me 3 paintings you like much.

It's too bad that your sense of taste and smell aren't keen but at least you cannot taste or smell yucky things...it's a blessing in its own right! My husband doesn't have a great sense of smell and he's happy he can't smell some things, though sad he isn't able to appreciate the smells of the forest and flowers that I exclaim about.

Tell me 3 paintings you like much. Ok, these aren't in order and I'm picking from well-known art. Apples and oranges cannot be compared; it's also not fair to put "famous" with non-famous.

1) A Sunday on La Grande Jatte, Georges Seurat: have you seen it in person? Wow. It's totally staggering. I remember coming into the room where it's on display and immediately recognizing it. My opinion up to that point was a big MEH. But as I got closer and closer, and began to think about all that I saw and the time it must have taken, how it came to be and the mastery of it all, and then to add on top of it all, the incredulous size. It really is remarkable and unforgettable.

2) The Sistine Chapel Ceiling: maybe it's cheating, since it's really so many paintings together (The Creation of Adam really is phenomenal and very moving!) but one sees it all together. I have seen it twice now, once with my husband, and it's just totally incredible. The time it took. The detail. The passion. What a boggling sight. Michelangelo is also my favorite classic artist--David and his unfinished pieces completely changed my view of art.

3) Monet's Water Lily series: I knew that he'd painted a few versions of these gorgeous water plants, but prepare to be amazed when you click on the link. He was obsessed by them! And this is why I couldn't figure out which painting sticks out in my mind of his Water Lily painting...because he painted MANY, not just one version! I love the dreamy quality and feeling of calm and serene beauty when I see these. Especially the more colorful versions with the Japanese bridge.

----------

Same request: Tell me 3 paintings you like much.

On 3/28/2021 at 1:04 PM, ant0n said:

- I've never been to the Andromeda Galaxy (99.5% sure);

- I've never slept with someone I loved with my whole heart and physically (1% sure);

- I've never been mainstream.

Tell me three things you own.

I own a car, a computer, and some furniture.

4 hours ago, sfhipchick said:

It's too bad that your sense of taste and smell aren't keen but at least you cannot taste or smell yucky things...it's a blessing in its own right! My husband doesn't have a great sense of smell and he's happy he can't smell some things, though sad he isn't able to appreciate the smells of the forest and flowers that I exclaim about.

Tell me 3 paintings you like much. Ok, these aren't in order and I'm picking from well-known art. Apples and oranges cannot be compared; it's also not fair to put "famous" with non-famous.

1) A Sunday on La Grande Jatte, Georges Seurat: have you seen it in person? Wow. It's totally staggering. I remember coming into the room where it's on display and immediately recognizing it. My opinion up to that point was a big MEH. But as I got closer and closer, and began to think about all that I saw and the time it must have taken, how it came to be and the mastery of it all, and then to add on top of it all, the incredulous size. It really is remarkable and unforgettable.

2) The Sistine Chapel Ceiling: maybe it's cheating, since it's really so many paintings together (The Creation of Adam really is phenomenal and very moving!) but one sees it all together. I have seen it twice now, once with my husband, and it's just totally incredible. The time it took. The detail. The passion. What a boggling sight. Michelangelo is also my favorite classic artist--David and his unfinished pieces completely changed my view of art.

3) Monet's Water Lily series: I knew that he'd painted a few versions of these gorgeous water plants, but prepare to be amazed when you click on the link. He was obsessed by them! And this is why I couldn't figure out which painting sticks out in my mind of his Water Lily painting...because he painted MANY, not just one version! I love the dreamy quality and feeling of calm and serene beauty when I see these. Especially the more colorful versions with the Japanese bridge.

----------

Same request: Tell me 3 paintings you like much.

- Salvador Dali - Portrait Of My Dead Brother

15609517836_2c727e7e3a_b.jpg

- George Rousse - Abattoirs

61c1d70816644b76ee50f34ebc69cc6b.jpg

- Vincent van Gogh - Nuit Etoilée Sur le Rhône

h2jmhm.jpg

Tell me 3 living celebrities you'd love to have a friendly dinner with.

Two of the three art choices you picked were predictably unique and outside the box and certainly have interesting stories behind them. The Van Gogh piece is intensely beautiful and mesmerizing!

I didn't respond to this post right away because I wanted to have time to think about which three people I'd pick. It's funny...I'm so shy that meeting someone so famous would be really hard for me to do, though I expect it would be really nice once I stopped freaking out! I've actually had the opportunity to meet various famous people--George Lucas, George Hamilton, Penn & Teller, etc--but I respect these people's privacy even if they are making themselves available to meet and so I've kept my distance. It would be wonderful to sit down with Anthony Hopkins, Judy Dench, or Clint Eastwood and ask them about favorite roles but also, what they love to do, and glean a bit of wisdom from their lives. There really are so many people out there though, and how in the world do you pick? I chose from actors but there are so many amazing famous people in so many fields!

-------------

Tell me three styles of clothing (and provide me with links so I can see) that you really like but would never wear for whatever reason. Why do you like them?

5 hours ago, sfhipchick said:

Two of the three art choices you picked were predictably unique and outside the box and certainly have interesting stories behind them. The Van Gogh piece is intensely beautiful and mesmerizing!

I didn't respond to this post right away because I wanted to have time to think about which three people I'd pick. It's funny...I'm so shy that meeting someone so famous would be really hard for me to do, though I expect it would be really nice once I stopped freaking out! I've actually had the opportunity to meet various famous people--George Lucas, George Hamilton, Penn & Teller, etc--but I respect these people's privacy even if they are making themselves available to meet and so I've kept my distance. It would be wonderful to sit down with Anthony Hopkins, Judy Dench, or Clint Eastwood and ask them about favorite roles but also, what they love to do, and glean a bit of wisdom from their lives. There really are so many people out there though, and how in the world do you pick? I chose from actors but there are so many amazing famous people in so many fields!

-------------

Tell me three styles of clothing (and provide me with links so I can see) that you really like but would never wear for whatever reason. Why do you like them?

The 3 living famous people I'd love to have a friendly dinner with:

- Jodie Foster

- Some kind of Russian mathematician

- George W. Bush (the artist)

Wow... Your request is very specific ^^

Alright, after one minute, I have ideas to display.

- Star Trek leader clothing

ZTCtuei.jpg

The funny thing is: I've never been a fan of Star Trek but it's so popular... I prefered Cosmos 1999 better. No need to mention I dislike Star Wars.

I like Picard in Star Trek. I like him as Charles-Xavier too. French touch each time, by the way ^^

- Numbered T-shirts (except '64')

5aXriDO.jpg

I have a special resonance with some earthly numbers. 64, 0, i, j, k, etc. Let's get it straight: to me, numbers have no "power" per se. They just "have" the power we associate them with. I have to have new T-shirts printed soon... I guess symbols are just transient reminders to me.

- Some kilts or male skirts

hCz0PC6.jpg

Some of them look realy cool to me and not "feminizing" at all. To me, they remain quite "virile". Not every man can successfully wear that in the Western world. Kilts look much easier to wear though.

Tell me 3 of your favorite spices.

Edited by ant0n